Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm fine with the fall, it doesn't bother me one bit. I don't like the dark is the issue. Along with being alone in what my body deems a fight or flight setting. Though it's not real, the theming can be very convincing when you grew up fearing raptors!
I grew up fearing ET so I have come a long way

^ ET?!?! Awww what a pity lol....

And Adri, if we ever go, we gotta get our own boat :D It is so much fun. Or like you said, a group boat. For ONCE I'd like to ride the ride where obnoxious teens aren't making fun of it or going crazy -_-
I'm a teen, but I'm not obnoxious or crazy. Well.. not too crazy.  ;)  But in all seriousness, one of my biggest pet peeves of all time is an annoying teenager. It's odd because I'm a teen myself, but I can't count how many dirty looks I've given on the Jurassic Park boats.  <_< I'd love a group boat.  ^_^

Ahhh yeah, that's the worst. And then they get mad at the cast members. It's hilariously pathetic.

The worst are foreign tourists who feel obligated to be rude and cut in line....ohhh the stories I have...

I haven't had issues with foreign tourists in line, but there have been times where I've been walking along through the park and they'll completely shove past me and not give a crap.. they'll also comfortably yell at other members of their party across a restaurant or store. Nothing new for me, though.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
Ok Ih ave read the rumors about the JP expansion and they sound amazing. There is a plan of making a family roller coaster, the runaway amber mine something, it would be a family roller coaster and also there is a plan abotu a dark ride through the visitors center, like the one in the JP movie itself... also there would be a major refurb of the River Adventure. Don't you feel jealous about all this happening in Orlando?

I had my own boat on JP River Adventure. It was scary. But I enjoyed it when it broke down at the very end of the ride. Everyone was cheering for me when I came down the drop! Even the staff!

Reactions: William
Ok Ih ave read the rumors about the JP expansion and they sound amazing. There is a plan of making a family roller coaster, the runaway amber mine something, it would be a family roller coaster and also there is a plan abotu a dark ride through the visitors center, like the one in the JP movie itself... also there would be a major refurb of the River Adventure. Don't you feel jealous about all this happening in Orlando?
They deserve it. Their JP has been a little run down lately (I went last month and the skin of one of the velociraptors on JPRA was completely falling off). I think it's a great idea to have an amber mine roller coaster under the Discovery Center. There are also rumors regarding a Mr. DNA/dino-hatching attraction as seen in the film. We simply don't have room for any of that here, so I'm not too jealous.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
If I got a boat to myself in JP I would probably be scared and amazed, scared because the last part the whole thing when they are "evacuating" you and amazed because I would be by myself :)  Next time I go to USH I'm going to try to get a boat to myself  B)

If I got a boat to myself in JP I would probably be scared and amazed, scared because the last part the whole thing when they are "evacuating" you and amazed because I would be by myself :)  Next time I go to USH I'm going to try to get a boat to myself  B)
Never had a boat solo.

But if I did, I'd probably film and photograph like crazy.

Reactions: William
"...and absolutely NO flash photography *FLASH SOUND EFFECT*. If you do intend to take photos during your ride, remember, there is a good chance that you...AND YOUR CAMERA, will get wet!"

-Gwen, Jurassic Park River Adventure, circa 1996

We're all rebel's against Gwen's cheesy 90s pleading :)

I was able to ride this ride in a boat all by myself when I was in 9th grade. Me and two classmates went to Universal for my birthday, I think it was, and it was on a VERY slow day. We all went on Jurassic Park, then ate in the cafe next door. I had finished eating (hey, I was hungry!), and the big Jurassic fan I was REALLY wanted to ride it again, so I told them I was gonna jump on it real quick since they were taking their time and I could tell there wasn't really a line earlier. So, I go and get on it, front row, all happy with myself, and then they start to make the ride start... and I turn around and notice NO ONE ELSE WAS ON THE BOAT! Haha! I had no idea they didn't load anyone else on until I started going up the lift. Which was kind of a shame, because despite being in the front row, I wasn't center since I went all the way to the end of the row, like you are supposed to. Oh well. Anyway, I was genuinely excited and could not believe it was really happening. The ride felt much more personal to me, like it really was a personal tour through Jurassic Park.

What's funny though was, after a while, I actually DID start to feel nervous. Not like "oh no the dinosaurs are real and going to eat me", but more like "oh there's going to be some kind of malfunction and I'll be stuck on the ride". So when the ride enters the carnivore section, it was the first and ONLY time it actually did feel scary! Being the only person on the boat, without anyone else surrounding you or next to you, made the ride feel that much more real and truly enhanced the experience and the effects. It especially felt scary when I went into the darkened building, completely alone. THAT was truly scary for me, but I loved every minute of it. The ride truly felt REAL at that point. Now, when the boat was about to go down the drop, with the T-Rex hiding behind the waterfall before me... the ride stopped. Like really... STOPPED. Wasn't moving for what seemed like many minutes. I started having dark thoughts like "What if for some reason the brakes system doesn't work this ONE time, and as I go down the drop, the boat crashes or something and I die, and it won't be so bad to them, because it'll just be one person, like it was meant to be". Yeah... I'm weird, haha! At the same time, I also thought it was possible they saw I was some kid who was the only one on the boat and they wanted to mess with me a little, who knows? But I really was sitting there, completely alone in that building with the T-Rex... awaiting my "fate". I almost wanted to try and get out of the boat... but if I tried to and the boat suddenly started to move again I would perhaps fall over the edge and slide all the way down the drop! So I stayed, of course. Suddenly there was a grinding sound almost... and the boat ever so slowly started to move forward, the T-Rex burst, and down the drop I went... and safely landed, of course.

As my boat was safely making it's way to the landing, I actually did notice some people looking at me oddly since I was the only one on the boat, haha. After I got off, I thought "no one is going to believe my story... unless I have proof". Even I didn't believe it, almost. My friends probably wouldn't either. So, what did I do? I HAD to buy the on-ride photo, and so I did. Oddly enough, I have NEVER scanned it to put up online, I guess because at the time there wasn't really such a huge social media craze, and I don't think I had a good scanner anyway. So if you guys want to see it, I may upload it and post it here so you all can see the "evidence", haha. (EDIT: I have posted the evidence here.)

So there you have it! My favorite Jurassic Park- The Ride story. Probably my second coolest Universal Studios-related story, in brief, was that one of the times I went there they had sets up that they were still filming for Jurassic Park 3. They had made Falls Lake's backdrop turned into the cliffs of the Aviary! I swear I took photos of this, but I have yet to find them again to scan. Maybe someday I will.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jerry 92602
Oh you will, for sure! :D I actually started trying to look for it today. No luck so far! I know it's in here somewhere. I hope to find it tomorrow, but maybe not, haha. I actually really want to see it again, myself! Talking about it here made me eager to check it out again.