Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

Little fun fact.

I don't know how long they did this for, but for sure in the summer or 1996, they had Lucy Ricardo out with a blow dryer next to the splash zone/close to the gift shop exit.

I got a video of it, it's hilarious. She was blow drying my uncle and aunt who just got off the ride. And it was the first time I met Lucy! I was three haha. Looking at the video now, the lady looks IDENTICAL to Lucille Ball. I'm curious who she is! Ill have to post the video once I upload it :)

Omg you HAVE to! That sounds hilarious and wonderful! I can't say I ever remember anything like that happening to me when I went there, but I think I did see her there before when I was younger. :D Who doesn't love Lucy? :D

^That was some story you got there!!!

Anyways I Really Want USH To Update The Animatronics for Jurassic Park, I Have Seen Some Videos From 1996 And The Animatronics Look WAY BETTER Than It Does Now!

^That was some story you got there!!!

Anyways I Really Want USH To Update The Animatronics for Jurassic Park, I Have Seen Some Videos From 1996 And The Animatronics Look WAY BETTER Than It Does Now!
They do go through quite the strain, sitting out in the sun moving around all day with water randomly splashing them here and there.

I went this sunday and it looks like the refurb a bit of it.... I noticed a lot more lights and they have now a computer with tiny little lights and stuff, more sirens and some other lights there... I was kind of surprised because it looked more iluminated inside... anyone has noticed this?

I went this sunday and it looks like the refurb a bit of it.... I noticed a lot more lights and they have now a computer with tiny little lights and stuff, more sirens and some other lights there... I was kind of surprised because it looked more iluminated inside... anyone has noticed this?
I think the computer effect has been back for a while. I noticed that a few months back on my last ride.

How are the dinosaurs?

By the way sometime ago you said that the tvs were replaced a while ago for flat screens... I don't think they have because I clearly remember in spring break there where the same old tvs and this time I went, they look awkward in the spaces that previously held the big tvs, so I think the flat screens were just added. Anyways... the dinosaurs are... well as usual... one thing I did notice is that they added mickey ears in the Hadrosaur Cove entrance, right behind the raft....

By the way sometime ago you said that the tvs were replaced a while ago for flat screens... I don't think they have because I clearly remember in spring break there where the same old tvs and this time I went, they look awkward in the spaces that previously held the big tvs, so I think the flat screens were just added. Anyways... the dinosaurs are... well as usual... one thing I did notice is that they added mickey ears in the Hadrosaur Cove entrance, right behind the raft....
Those LCD panels have been there for a few years now.

I remember because before those monitors were completely replaced, they had been rotating the old working monitors in the first queue - leaving the malfunctioning ones behind in the extended lines. Things got pretty bad in 2010 when the first queue started to run out of working monitors, which is when I took this shot:

Universal Studios Hollywood Photo Update - April 17, 2010 by InsideUniversal.net, on Flickr

Soon after, they took away the Panasonic name badge and replaced the entire queue outright with the LCD monitors you see today. They just recently removed the anti-glare reflectors, which is probably why you noticed what you saw.

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to this post:

I'd like to see this "evidence"!  :lol:
Well... here you go!

JP%20Ride%20Derrick%20ALONE.jpg

In regards to this post:

Well... here you go!

JP%20Ride%20Derrick%20ALONE.jpg
Hahaha nice pic, can't imagine how this feels, I love the screams in rides so I think this would be an incomplete experience to me. Last weekend went on The Mummy and we had quite screamers and we got stuck in the middle part of the ride and they kept on screaming, which made it fun becaause when you get stuck there it's an awkward silence... and well yeah they removed the anti glare panels, probably that's why I noticed...

Yes, that is from USH. Well, that picture was taken back when I was a Freshman in high school, I believe. So, I think that was in 2002.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that I love hearing these stories and feelings regarding an attraction that I love so much.  I've ridden JP more times then I could possibly count, almost all of them alone, most of them in the dark, and all of them without a lap bar.   :ph34r:

I was one of the leads that helped to open JP.  When I rode, it was without a lap bar in case something happened on the attraction and I had to bail off the ride to help with an emergency.

I was one of the leads that helped to open JP.  When I rode, it was without a lap bar in case something happened on the attraction and I had to bail off the ride to help with an emergency.
Wow! How did you survive the drop??

One time I rode it and there was a rather large man in my row so there was a lot of room between me and the safety bar, and on the drop, I ended up flying out of my seat and smacking back down in it. Very scary experience to say the least.

It's times like these where I wish JP had individual lap bars..  :unsure:

None of my friends believed me, either! My legs were completely stretched out as we flew down the drop. I held onto that safety bar for dear life.