Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the price-range you are looking at (Although, I think I am wanting to make a list of the various hotels around Universal City, California..:toast:)

I don’t really have a price range.

My current plan is to stay in Anaheim from Sunday 15th September to Friday 20th, head up to Hollywood from Friday to the Tuesday and then head on to Vegas.

The hotel doesn’t need to be at the door step as I’m planning to explore some of LA but being close to spend a fortune on an Uber. I plan on doing Universal on the Monday with no HHN and hopefully be a little quieter after the weekend.

Some tempting options on AirBnB but I’ve never used them before.

Back to Jurassic World, I'm gonna place my guess down in an opening slot, around sometime of the Fourth of July.
That feels like the worst-case scenario.

I don’t have a crowd-calendar in front of me, but I would assume that Memorial Day weekend kicks off the official beginning of summer and July 4th weekend is the summer peak.

It would be a mess to try and open your new hottest ride near the busiest weekend of the summer. I would think they would want either want to open the ride 2-3 weeks before the 4th or wait to do softs until after the 4th.

Post-July 4th softs would mean a late-July grand opening and that’s so late.

I don’t really have a price range.

My current plan is to stay in Anaheim from Sunday 15th September to Friday 20th, head up to Hollywood from Friday to the Tuesday and then head on to Vegas.

The hotel doesn’t need to be at the door step as I’m planning to explore some of LA but being close to spend a fortune on an Uber. I plan on doing Universal on the Monday with no HHN and hopefully be a little quieter after the weekend.

Some tempting options on AirBnB but I’ve never used them before.
I've stayed at some AirBnBs a couple times in WeHo and near the Hollywood walk of fame and just took the subway to the USH station. Was pretty easy and convenient to navigate.

Depends on the price-range you are looking at (Although, I think I am wanting to make a list of the various hotels around Universal City, California..:toast:)
I've stayed at a few the Sheraton is a great hotel, Hilton is nice to but only double and king options, and the Blvd is way over priced what it is.

The new building exterior looks gorgeous. I love the JW circle signage and the blue stripe on the exterior.

Neither of the JPRA rides had great building exteriors. IoA’s Jurassic Park building is a huge eyesore personally. I get that it’s partially unavoidable (they could fix it with crazy amounts of rockwork and money) but at least the JW ride doesn’t look as much like a concrete box.

It looks like they are weighting the ride at the moment. After this phase my guess is they will let a few cast members start riding then its time for guests.
Does anyone think it could be as early as first week of June? or does everyone think we have a while to go?

The one thing I was thinking about and quite cautious about is that kids, when Jurassic world opens, are going to be jumping and climbing on the new rocks in the planters. They aren't necessarily hard to climb onto and are quite high if a child were to climb on and fall off of, but idk

If you're familiar with the steps of rocks by the floating bridges in Camp Snoopy at Knott's, I'm surprised more kids don't get injured there. There's always kids running and jumping up and down those rocks and from boulder to boulder. From the top, they can tumble down quite a bit.

I'm really loving that this wasn't just a quick color and name/change type of redesign. A lot of work has gone into the entire area and everything looks like an improvement over what was there previously. USH's transformation continues at a rapid pace with no sign of slowing down. They'll be getting this, Pets and SNW back to back to back. Exciting times for what not too long ago used to be the ugly and awkward older cousin to the Orlando park. How times have changed.

I only use Airbnb now. I try to get a host that has self-check in just so I can go drop off my bags in the morning and come back at night. I only travel for concerts and festivals so paying for a hotel is a worthless expense for me (plus i'm 22 i don't need amenities lol).

I've been hearing a rumor that it wont only be raptors greeting guests when the ride opens. I've heard that they will be different dinosaurs! maybe a Triceratops?
View attachment 9672
They posted an audition for puppeteers a maybe a month or two ago. I think it's going to be less like the big trike in Japan and more like this baby one from Orlando:

Back to Jurassic World, I'm gonna place my guess down in an opening slot, around sometime of the Fourth of July. Considering the rate that they're going, I am not going to be shocked if that's the time they have been aiming at now, due to the volume of people that come for the holiday.
This makes the most sense to me. The summer season doesn't really seem to start for Universal until late June (hence why the Dark Arts show isn't starting until June 22nd), so they won't want to wait too much longer after that to open the ride. I'd put my money on right at the end of June. That way it's open and most of the kinks worked out by the big July 4th weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.