Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 238 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't want them to touch Camp Jurassic. It's just about perfect as is. Even the Pter. ride fits the atmosphere perfectly, even though us adults can't ride. Why ruin that vibe with a carnival ride,, no matter how well it's themed. They still have lots of space adjacent to the Raptor Encounter. Better to put a themed carnival ride in that unused space.
I agree. The theme park does not need any more themed carnival rides. That space could be used for something more contributing to JP but thats just my two cents.

I actually cant figure out why people say JP "Needs" another ride. I think it would certainly benefit from any additional attraction that is there.

There was a debate once about whether the vast foliage caused people to miss what might be in JP because people tend ro follow paths and not make decisions about finding out things for themselves. Camp Jurassic is awesome. It would totally be worth it to pour money into a super silly funland type treatment and amp up the offerings there for children and adults.

Reactions: Mad Dog
You are absolutely WRONG!!! Kids love these rides and can't get enough of them. Small attractions like this are great additions to the park and add kinetic energy to an area. Universal needs 2 more in each park. I would like to see a Chaos style ride added where the shards are in Marvel themed to Captains shield. That would appeal to a little bit older kids and thrill seekers.

Reactions: Jon84
I always felt there was a steady, yet small, flow of people entering/exiting Camp Jurassic. Problem is, the only "ride" there is only accessible for little kids and they're parents. They need to have more energy going on in the front of the Discovery Building. It probably did way back in 1999-02 when the Boat Tour was operating and they had a stop in front of it. Jurassic Park is a theme park within a theme park but I personally find it a type of design flaw when you don't even enter through the "main" entrance. What if in Jurassic World instead of entering through the grand entrance in the front, you would enter through a restaurant in the back.
Should focus on enhancement than expansion if you ask me.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
They could have made it so you had to enter through Camp Jurassic and then turn left to get to a new attraction back there and increasing Camp Jurassic's presence and foot traffic. Some really great theming there most visitors will never see. But ultimately that would lead to the space where Raptor Encounter is, which can easily go for something more substantial.

I'm saying this because I vividly remember walking through JP to HP and overheard a couple guests asking a team member what was down there, as they pointed to the pathway that leads to the Discovery Center waterfront, and the team member said something along the lines of "nothing, it just dead ends". I needed a butter beer after that...

I'm saying this because I vividly remember walking through JP to HP and overheard a couple guests asking a team member what was down there, as they pointed to the pathway that leads to the Discovery Center waterfront, and the team member said something along the lines of "nothing, it just dead ends". I needed a butter beer after that...
There are two paths .... I'm not sure which you are referencing.? Either way they both have breathtaking views of IOA lol

Just to let my mind wander. This is how a Manta sized flying coaster would fit into JP using the discovery center as a station. Weirdly the splashdown section matched up perfectly with the water already there.

dM0fkEi.jpg

Add some VR glasses similar to what's happening at Alton Towers and we could have a ridiculous attraction.

Honestly, just making a new JW at the 3rd park and making one or two new lands at IOA would be ideal, it's very hard for anything major to get put into JP as is.

I'm almost tempted to agree, but on the other hand I really don't see how even a new JW land's rides could top the River Adventure; I think that's about the perfect realization of the Jurassic Park concept in theme park form (save for the long-speculated jeep ride). I think JURASSIC WORLD could provide fodder for some cool attractions, but unless Universal also would be committed to building another large-scale ride populated by dozens of massive, full-size dino AAs, I'd rather keep the River Adventure.

I'm almost tempted to agree, but on the other hand I really don't see how even a new JW land's rides could top the River Adventure; I think that's about the perfect realization of the Jurassic Park concept in theme park form (save for the long-speculated jeep ride). I think JURASSIC WORLD could provide fodder for some cool attractions, but unless Universal also would be committed to building another large-scale ride populated by dozens of massive, full-size dino AAs, I'd rather keep the River Adventure.
A gyrosphere ride could give it a run for it's money.

There are two paths .... I'm not sure which you are referencing.? Either way they both have breathtaking views of IOA lol

Geez, I'm not really sure, since I myself barely go back there! I believe it's the one by the quick serve stand in the area where the Spino Photo Op is. Honestly just thought it was just one path that snaked down to the waterfront on the left side of Disc. Center

I used to spend 10-15 minutes down there every time I visited before they built the bridge. It was a great place to make a phone call, clear my mind and fondle the plants.

I could see a gyro ride built down on the waterfront that circled those paths and then returned uphill (the closed staircase is an example of how steep it is) in a zig zag to the lower level of the Discovery Center. It could be like the MK omnimover in that it doesn't really see any dinos per se but is just a cool thing to do. It would look tres sexy from across the lagoon. What a lure!

Last edited:
Here ya go... this is what I was thinking:

GYRO_zps3ttfqigy.jpg

I figure that if we can't walk it, we might as well ride it. Both the beginning and end would have to be underground to leave those important paths open. The upper outdoor tiers would remain open to guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.