Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 372 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One small rant if JP ends up being a coaster- which I'm ok with. It's just their placement is mind-boggling to me.

Did they get the blueprints of JP and F&F Mixed up?

USF needs outdoor and physical. F&F could've fit that bill. Something along the lines of test track but made Test Track look like a kiddie ride.

IoA needs indoor and can easily handle another screen attraction. JP could've fit that bill. A Gyro simulator.

I just don't know what they're thinking right now :(

One small rant if JP ends up being a coaster- which I'm ok with. It's just their placement is mind-boggling to me.

USF needs outdoor and physical. F&F could've fit that bill. Something along the lines of test track but made Test Track look like a kiddie ride.

IoA needs indoor and can easily handle another screen attraction. JP could've fit that bill. A Gyro simulator.

I'm just happy to get a new coaster. :shrug:

F&F totally should have been a Uni Test Track tho.

INCOMING RANT:

IoA does not need more indoor rides. I don't know why everyone wants to make this argument.

Yes, indoor rides can be great if they're used correctly. USF is an example of a park with way too many indoor rides. Outdoor rides create synergy, and help me feel like I'm in an actual fantasy world. USF has two rides that give me the slightest hint of that feeling: HRRR and that Simpsons flat ride I always forget the name of.

IoA is the perfect example of a park done right. There's flat rides, but they're spread out and unique. Forbidden Journey is one of the best rides you'll ever experience, Kong has immersive theming and a great-looking animatronic, Spider-Man and CitH are classic dark rides adored by all. And they are separated from each other by world-class coasters, water rides, and beautiful environments.

Jurassic Park is the prime place to put a coaster, and there's two dark rides bordering the land. There doesn't need to be three in one area. Other areas don't need one, but they would fit perfectly there. LC, I would be fine with having an indoor attraction there. You couldn't put anything else in that spot. Heck, I would be fine with a dark ride in Toon Lagoon, as that area, unlike JP, is extremely bare.

I really hope that the new park doesn't have an extreme overload of indoor attractions. That would be a waste of space and time. I hate to go off topic, but the new park should be half-and-half. Half indoor, half outdoor, or a mix between the two (Yoshi, Potter coaster, Seuss Trolley).

INCOMING RANT:

IoA does not need more indoor rides. I don't know why everyone wants to make this argument.

Yes, indoor rides can be great if they're used correctly. USF is an example of a park with way too many indoor rides. Outdoor rides create synergy, and help me feel like I'm in an actual fantasy world. USF has two rides that give me the slightest hint of that feeling: HRRR and that Simpsons flat ride I always forget the name of.

IoA is the perfect example of a park done right. There's flat rides, but they're spread out and unique. Forbidden Journey is one of the best rides you'll ever experience, Kong has immersive theming and a great-looking animatronic, Spider-Man and CitH are classic dark rides adored by all. And they are separated from each other by world-class coasters, water rides, and beautiful environments.

Jurassic Park is the prime place to put a coaster, and there's two dark rides bordering the land. There doesn't need to be three in one area. Other areas don't need one, but they would fit perfectly there. LC, I would be fine with having an indoor attraction there. You couldn't put anything else in that spot. Heck, I would be fine with a dark ride in Toon Lagoon, as that area, unlike JP, is extremely bare.

I really hope that the new park doesn't have an extreme overload of indoor attractions. That would be a waste of space and time. I hate to go off topic, but the new park should be half-and-half. Half indoor, half outdoor, or a mix between the two (Yoshi, Potter coaster, Seuss Trolley).
Personally, it's a non issue for me...I think Phantasialand is a great example of how outside rides work with thmeing

INCOMING RANT:

Because it would be nice to have more than 4 major rides open when there’s a common Florida thunderstorm in a world class theme park. No one is saying they need to get rid of all the outdoor rides to accomplish this though I wouldn’t mind losing Dr. Doom a la Dragon Challenge for an Avengers or Iron Man E Ticket then we can have Avengers or Stark Tower replace Doom in the IoA skyline.

Your ideal situation of a half and half park doesn’t exist in IoA. It skews heavily outdoor. This would be fine in California, but not Florida.

Last edited:
From seeing that one spoiler, 5 min later I ended up researching about it and reading a good 2 page spoiler insider.
INCOMING RANT:

Great argument and perspective. I never really cared about the whole indoor attraction problem but your totally right with environment, and I personally love roller coasters as night falls with all the amazing views you get of the area and the lighting. It completely transforms the experience. :agree:

Because it would be nice to have more than 4 major rides open when there’s a common Florida thunderstorm in a world class theme park. No one is saying they need to get rid of all the outdoor rides to accomplish this though I wouldn’t mind losing Dr. Doom a la Dragon Challenge for an Avengers or Iron Man E Ticket then we can have Avengers or Stark Tower replace Doom in the IoA skyline.

I'm actually fine with Doctor Doom. It looks great from around the Citiwalk, roads, and parking garages.

Your ideal situation of a half and half park doesn’t exist in IoA. It skews heavily outdoor. This would be fine in California, but not Florida.
I’ve always loved the idea of an avengers tower facade for an amazing E ticket. I can spend countless days drawing it out as well as a completey new MSHI.

Status
Not open for further replies.