Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 373 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
INCOMING RANT:

IoA does not need more indoor rides. I don't know why everyone wants to make this argument.

Yes, indoor rides can be great if they're used correctly. USF is an example of a park with way too many indoor rides. Outdoor rides create synergy, and help me feel like I'm in an actual fantasy world. USF has two rides that give me the slightest hint of that feeling: HRRR and that Simpsons flat ride I always forget the name of.

IoA is the perfect example of a park done right. There's flat rides, but they're spread out and unique. Forbidden Journey is one of the best rides you'll ever experience, Kong has immersive theming and a great-looking animatronic, Spider-Man and CitH are classic dark rides adored by all. And they are separated from each other by world-class coasters, water rides, and beautiful environments.

Jurassic Park is the prime place to put a coaster, and there's two dark rides bordering the land. There doesn't need to be three in one area. Other areas don't need one, but they would fit perfectly there. LC, I would be fine with having an indoor attraction there. You couldn't put anything else in that spot. Heck, I would be fine with a dark ride in Toon Lagoon, as that area, unlike JP, is extremely bare.

I really hope that the new park doesn't have an extreme overload of indoor attractions. That would be a waste of space and time. I hate to go off topic, but the new park should be half-and-half. Half indoor, half outdoor, or a mix between the two (Yoshi, Potter coaster, Seuss Trolley).
Technically, JPRA is considered the lands "dark ride". And I agree about kinetics. USF is up there with Animal Kingdom in feeling stagnant. I grew up with great theme parks like BGW that had great theming and unapologetic steel.

Point made. But Hogwarts covers up a huge ride building, and is fairly wide. Avengers wouldn't cover anything up, and is really skinny.
I’m imagining the entrance being in the same spot as Doom’s. The show building would be in the area behind it. In my mind it would be a pretty simple facade to do since it only requires the one side.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I’m imagining the entrance being in the same spot as Doom’s. The show building would be in the area behind it. In my mind it would be a pretty simple facade to do since it only requires the one side.

You really want to do that? There's a main road, shopping district, and parking garage right near it. Wouldn't give people a good impression heading in.

Technically, JPRA is considered the lands "dark ride". And I agree about kinetics. USF is up there with Animal Kingdom in feeling stagnant. I grew up with great theme parks like BGW that had great theming and unapologetic steel.
I always had this strange assumption that Animal Kingdom was stagnant on purpose. Something about letting nature give the place momentum or something like that

INCOMING RANT:

IoA does not need more indoor rides. I don't know why everyone wants to make this argument.

Yes, indoor rides can be great if they're used correctly. USF is an example of a park with way too many indoor rides. Outdoor rides create synergy, and help me feel like I'm in an actual fantasy world. USF has two rides that give me the slightest hint of that feeling: HRRR and that Simpsons flat ride I always forget the name of.

IoA is the perfect example of a park done right. There's flat rides, but they're spread out and unique. Forbidden Journey is one of the best rides you'll ever experience, Kong has immersive theming and a great-looking animatronic, Spider-Man and CitH are classic dark rides adored by all. And they are separated from each other by world-class coasters, water rides, and beautiful environments.

Jurassic Park is the prime place to put a coaster, and there's two dark rides bordering the land. There doesn't need to be three in one area. Other areas don't need one, but they would fit perfectly there. LC, I would be fine with having an indoor attraction there. You couldn't put anything else in that spot. Heck, I would be fine with a dark ride in Toon Lagoon, as that area, unlike JP, is extremely bare.

I really hope that the new park doesn't have an extreme overload of indoor attractions. That would be a waste of space and time. I hate to go off topic, but the new park should be half-and-half. Half indoor, half outdoor, or a mix between the two (Yoshi, Potter coaster, Seuss Trolley).
This post is beautiful and articulates my feelings better than I ever could. :exclap:
Your ideal situation of a half and half park doesn’t exist in IoA. It skews heavily outdoor. This would be fine in California, but not Florida.
Oh yeah, there are NO successful parks in Florida that are largely outdoors...cough BGT cough...

Reactions: Magic-Man
INCOMING RANT:

I'd say Disney Sea is the perfect example of a park done right. It is universally praised as the best park in the world and it has very little outdoor rides.

You quoted me- so I guess you were responding to me? But I never mentioned a "dark ride", I said a Gyro simulator. Which IoA has none of (while USF has 3 stationary simulators).

I love IoA- it's a freakin' awesome park. But this "half and half" ideal example you just provided certainly isn't IoA.

But at the end of the day, I'm thrilled with any addition. That's the most important part for me. I just feel like they should try to diversify the parks a hair instead of doubling down on what they already have. But hey- they're right next to each other, so maybe one becomes the outside park and one the inside.

Oh yeah, there are NO successful parks in Florida that are largely outdoors...cough BGT cough...
*cough* dwarfed in popularity compared to Disney and Uni (one can only wonder why...) *cough*
I agree. With 80% of all tickets sold parkhoppers (per Comcast Universal) since the genius move of Hogwart's Express, that essentially is what it is.
Maybe it would be nice to not have to jump on a train for more indoor rides during a storm and just hop on one where you already are?

Status
Not open for further replies.