Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 770 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rode that in it's opening year when it was Top Gun. I didn't realize it has gone through that many name changes. :lol:

Flight Deck was the interim name. I loved it as Top Gun with the great soundtrack and the minimal theming. Very fun coaster, even today, especially with those old Arrow suspended coasters slowly disappearing.

With the majority of the track in, I think that we're going to be dependent on Bio for the views of the rockwork.

Reactions: Coasted and Mad Dog
Hi everyone! I am a massive fan of Universal and Disney from London. I have family members in Florida so I usually come here about once a year. I was planning to come in January 2020 but I had to change jobs so I pushed back my trip to September 2020. Now... it looks like that is pretty ambitious regarding the U.K. travel ban so I’ve pushed back my trip to May 2021 to be safe. I’m going to time it just before the schools break up for summer. As you can imagine pushing a trip back that long is not great, especially since I have family over here (my own sister) that I have not seen for over a year already!

The only silver lining in this is that could this ride be open by the time I come over? I’m not too sure what the consensus on this is yet so apologies if I’ve missed some vital information. I’m going to be coming to Orlando for two weeks and purchasing a 14 day ticket over here so I can come and go easily. I will also be coming to the park alone some days whenever my family want a rest day so I hopefully will have a couple of chances to get on some good rides.

In short... could the unexpected delays eventually be worth it? I get to come to Universal and both Hagrid and Velocic are open for me to experience for the first time?

I was literally just coming here to link the video, you just beat me to it!!!

This sounds like so much fun though holy crap. I cannot wait to see the final product with all the kinetic energy going on and potentially Raptors out front. So sick. The final scene seems legendary if done well

Reactions: Coasted
I was just wondering today whether the raptor paddock area of River Adventure would inevitably be changed now to the Indominus Rex Paddock or the Mosasaurus scene? With there now being a raptor paddock and encounter outside the ride, it may make that section of the river adventure repetitive and confusing.

Hi everyone! I am a massive fan of Universal and Disney from London. I have family members in Florida so I usually come here about once a year. I was planning to come in January 2020 but I had to change jobs so I pushed back my trip to September 2020. Now... it looks like that is pretty ambitious regarding the U.K. travel ban so I’ve pushed back my trip to May 2021 to be safe. I’m going to time it just before the schools break up for summer. As you can imagine pushing a trip back that long is not great, especially since I have family over here (my own sister) that I have not seen for over a year already!

The only silver lining in this is that could this ride be open by the time I come over? I’m not too sure what the consensus on this is yet so apologies if I’ve missed some vital information. I’m going to be coming to Orlando for two weeks and purchasing a 14 day ticket over here so I can come and go easily. I will also be coming to the park alone some days whenever my family want a rest day so I hopefully will have a couple of chances to get on some good rides.

In short... could the unexpected delays eventually be worth it? I get to come to Universal and both Hagrid and Velocic are open for me to experience for the first time?

My gut says your odds are good.

My gut says your odds are good.
Myself, i'm looking at May as a safe spot for a tentative Orlando Universal vacation, back to normal in the parks and hotels...Fingers crossed of coursed :lol:

I’d be shocked if I couldn’t come to the states by May 2021 but right now things just feel so uncertain. Flights are priced great right now and it would be great to just book it now, but there’s something in the back of my mind telling me to hold off!

I hope Jurassic Coaster will be opening by then. I might be coming at a time pretty close to when it opens but that could be fun!

I’d be shocked if I couldn’t come to the states by May 2021 but right now things just feel so uncertain. Flights are priced great right now and it would be great to just book it now, but there’s something in the back of my mind telling me to hold off!

I hope Jurassic Coaster will be opening by then. I might be coming at a time pretty close to when it opens but that could be fun!
Yeah it would be terrible to make that long trip and miss the opening of Jurassic Park coaster by a week or two, especially if your trips to the states are few and far inbetween.

Which picture are you referring too? I wouldn't be too surprised due to how short the elements are after the top hot compared to the top hat height

Those elements also have the double spined track and remind me of I305 high speed segments.

Hmm you might be right. It's going to be super impressive if they can travel at high speeds(~70 mph) through both a relatively low stall and then the oscillating helix. Going to be a a crazy finale

Hmm you might be right. It's going to be super impressive if they can travel at high speeds(~70 mph) through both a relatively low stall and then the oscillating helix. Going to be a a crazy finale

My primary concern is actually the heartline. Figuring that some speed will bleed off during the helices, that spin could be a little rough, especially with that quick turn which follows that leads into the brake run. Maverick really wrenches my neck on its snappy turns and that Stengel dive is just vicious.

Click the picture and open it in it's own tab. I have seen coaster sensors, that's fairly large to be a sensor. Also, double spine can serve two purposes; extra support for less supports and for high stress areas. It's hard to clarify why it is double spined in some areas vs others as the bottom of the top had has no double spine and that is arguably where the top speed for the ride will be obtained.
""
""

Reactions: Coasted
Click the picture and open it in it's own tab. I have seen coaster sensors, that's fairly large to be a sensor. Also, double spine can serve two purposes; extra support for less supports and for high stress areas. It's hard to clarify why it is double spined in some areas vs others as the bottom of the top had has no double spine and that is arguably where the top speed for the ride will be obtained.
""
""

It doesn't have fins, like normal Intamin trims- unless they just haven't been installed yet. Could be a sensor for the block system. If it is indeed a trim, I think that would almost guarantee that the coaster will be pulling serious speed out of the top hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.