Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 803 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put the Mosasaur in the lagoon, Uni, you cowards
I knew it was too good to be true when I saw that lol, the art itself I believe more is real.

Remember with concept art like that, not the drawings, the art, its meant to just give you an idea or feel for what to expect. There will not be 5 raptors surrounding our vehicles inside anywhere and I have zero info on this ride hahah, like, thats just not happening. Im sure its relatively reminiscent of the inside somewhere, and the Raptor designs they're going for, but besides that its more just a first look at the carts.

It's probably an early pitch not representative of the final product, yea
Yup. I posted this in early June 2018 when I had saw some of the artwork. The artwork floating around only represents the coaster so much. Although who needs artwork when we have bio giving us great views of this thing? There's only so much artwork can do at this point.

All I’m gonna say is I think it’s gonna be divisive, but I think people will get used to the look. From what I’ve seen, it looks like it frames the DC.

The view of the Discovery Center looks much better in the design they went with than in the supposed concept art, with its giant support columns all over the place. Would have been very Flying Dinosaur, and not in a good way.
Exactly, the coaster basically now surrounds the outline of the DC when looking at from across the lagoon, so even if the carts are all flying around it'll likely be nice kinetic energy rather than a distraction.

In which case you'd think that the animatronics, props etc etc must get very involved in the ride as how else do you create the 'something going wrong' element?

I know that there clearly are raptors present, and by the sounds of it some animatronic raptors, but given the speed of the coaster I'd be interested to see how they plan to encorporate this into the ride.

raptors breaking free and onto or near the coaster path seems to be a narrative that works.

Maybe we're on a tour of InGen and we finally get to a "tram" or maybe whatever they'll try and call it. Once we're in the initial scene something immediately goes wrong and the gate opens too early and we're off to the races, with maybe Owen (I know I've been piping this AA dream for awhile) saves us from the final Raptor if that final scene is anywhere close to being true.

Seems similar to Hulks launch, where it used to be like "I...I think this time, its, its gonna work! Wait nooo!!!" or whatever they used to say, doesn't need to be anything too overly grand but this is how I would see things shaking out. Maybe our first encounter with a Raptor is in that a first scene too, idk. Luckily there seems to be many story arcs they can go with here, and none of them sound to me like they are too forced.

Maybe we're on a tour of InGen and we finally get to a "tram" or maybe whatever they'll try and call it. Once we're in the initial scene something immediately goes wrong and the gate opens too early and we're off to the races, with maybe Owen (I know I've been piping this AA dream for awhile) saves us from the final Raptor if that final scene is anywhere close to being true.

Seems similar to Hulks launch, where it used to be like "I...I think this time, its, its gonna work! Wait nooo!!!" or whatever they used to say, doesn't need to be anything too overly grand but this is how I would see things shaking out. Maybe our first encounter with a Raptor is in that a first scene too, idk. Luckily there seems to be many story arcs they can go with here, and none of them sound to me like they are too forced.
I don't think there's going to be more than vague hints at a "story"

Status
Not open for further replies.