Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 805 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they franchise JP, why can’t they franchise JW to the same location?

Yes, I agree and that’s what I’m getting at. Eventually, I’d like the whole land to be JW. Just wish they had done it along with this new attraction so that you don’t have to do mental gymnastics to stick the justification.

Maybe they just renamed JP to JW for the parks that had multiple deaths?

A new start, as it were.

:p

At the end of JW 2, Blue runs off into the wild. Is there something that says he couldn't have ran to Orlando and got into the park?

Considering the Guardians can be in EPCOT because Peter Quill visited the park when he was young, I find it actually more plausible that a velociraptor migrated to a swamp with a very diverse prey environment, warm temperatures, and an environment that would probably be close to what a raptor would have lived in (okay, that last part is just a guess as I have no idea what terrain a raptor would favor).

Reactions: fryoj
This. I don’t think this is an attraction where a coherent narrative is a high priority. It’s a coaster through a raptor enclosure. Any story-based justification of WHY it’s a coaster through a raptor enclosure is never going to pass the sniff test.

Just enjoy it.

Which is why I was trying to downplay the concept of this vs Hagride.

This. I don’t think this is an attraction where a coherent narrative is a high priority. It’s a coaster through a raptor enclosure. Any story-based justification of WHY it’s a coaster through a raptor enclosure is never going to pass the sniff test.

Just enjoy it.
cZxlrda.gif

Reactions: shiekra38
Can anybody tell me what the theme/story is of the flyer in Japan?
For the last time, I don't speak Japanese and I'd appreciate you not bringing it up all the time

Honestly they could go several routes with the story of this ride

#1 - You're getting "turned into" a raptor (i.e. Hulk, Minion ride)
#2 - You're on a coaster (lolz)
#3 - You're on a tour vehicle of some kind and something goes wrong...Meaning you have to escape

Last edited:
I'd prefer it if they just had a vague story for Velocicoaster. Doesn't need to be elaborate. The ride will be a blast. As far as them changing the land from JP to JW, I think we will have to live with both for the foreseeable future. To change the DC is going to be a major undertaking. It's not a simple thing to change. And not to mention River Adventure that will take a long while to do properly. I mean Hollywood, just kept dropping the ball and it was never impressive. But hopefully, whenever they get to reopen the park, it will be as impressive as I believe it should be. All of that combined with the Rona situation... we're going to have both for the foreseeable future.

I've probably said this before but I get the feeling it's a Hagrid/Hulk hybrid in terms of theme. First part you're escaping from raptors whereas the second part represents the abstract feeling of what it's like to be chased by raptors, much as Hulk is about feeling like the Hulk.

Or maybe the raptors have evolved wings, idk.

About the JP/JW timeline. . . the exist in the same world. The characters from JP still exist in the JW timeline. JP getting a coaster based around the new raptors and Blue is the same, to me, as Magic Kingdom getting tron. It was created in the new park but still can come to the old park. I can see this coaster still existing in JP and have aesthetics of JW.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
For now, it’s a Jurassic land with half the attractions based on the first film and the other half based on the 4th film in the same series. It’s not that crazy. They’re all in the same continuity anyway. We just get two lands in one (for now anyway).

Hogsmeade’s main attraction and Diagon’s main attraction take place in different time periods from the same continuity and no one batts and eye.

They’re all the same film series, so, so what?

Status
Not open for further replies.