Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 806 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For now, it’s a Jurassic land with half the attractions based on the first film and the other half based on the 4th film in the same series. It’s not that crazy. They’re all in the same continuity anyway. We just get two lands in one (for now anyway).

Hogsmeade’s main attraction and Diagon’s main attraction take place in different time periods from the same continuity and no one batts and eye.

They’re all the same film series, so, so what?
I mean Im not disagreeing with any of your points, but Harry Potter is a bit different I feel in terms of story, as the characters are the same. Obviously main attraction here is Dino's so it really doesn't make a major difference but if its based on the 4th film the timelines seem way further off than Hogsmeade to Diagon right now. It isn't a big deal what they're dong, what they're doing just makes OCD theme park nerds like me squirm or just wish there was a tad more budget for a full land upgrade.

At this point in the world though I am just thrilled we're getting a super duper themed thrill ride based around the Jurassic series.

I prefer they go the educational route with this like bgt does with their coasters. Call it what it is, a coaster, but do the informative ‘did you know’ elements in the queue

“You’ll be launched from 0-60 in 1.5 seconds, which simulates a raptors ability to charge at its prey”
Ya see I could totally see something like this then a brief mention of "Don't worry, all the raptors are in their cages and are away from now. I think...." or some cheesy stuff. Something on this level of "Story" sounds right. Don't need anything more and it gives ya some reason for being there and for their being stuff going on all around ya

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
The theming has already surpassed what I thought we would get from a coaster like this. I normally like a solid story with a ride, but this is a thrill coaster on a land that is actually themed to an amusement park, right? There's really no story I need for this ride. I just need a theme, which seems to be "i'm on a coaster and there's some raptors". I'm totally fine with that.

Top .01%, or the .01% who takes things too seriously? :tease:
I mean that’s me too most of the time. I deeply care about theme integrity, backstory and lore for a land—

But! At the end of the day, fun rides and experiences win out for me. The lands like Galaxy’s Edge and Pandora are so preoccupied with keeping theming integrity that they‘re kind of missing the fun element.

Most of the middle of the Jurassic Park land was just plants, carnival games, hair braiding and a leather stand, and now it’ll be a massive kinetic ball of energy. I’m excited for something fun to invigorate a dead zone. Even just seeing paddock walls, electric fences and a game warden tower helps reinforce the theme of being in a dinosaur zoo, and that’s awesome.

I can forgive timeline incongruities between one attraction and the other directly across the path, as long as its adding something fun to my theme park day, because in the end, that holds the most value to me.

The theming has already surpassed what I thought we would get from a coaster like this. I normally like a solid story with a ride, but this is a thrill coaster on a land that is actually themed to an amusement park, right? There's really no story I need for this ride. I just need a theme, which seems to be "i'm on a coaster and there's some raptors". I'm totally fine with that.
Same. A big metal coaster like in Osaka is what I was fearing as they tore out all the landscape and 140' rumors were starting. And while it's not as thoroughly themed as Beijing, it still surpassed my expectations significantly.

The rocks and waterfalls look great. And once they get the trees in, I think the wall will look fantastic as well. Really looking forward to seeing this completed as much as I am to ride it. Maybe more. Storyline on a coaster this intense is an extremely distant third in matter of importance to me.

I mean that’s me too most of the time. I deeply care about theme integrity, backstory and lore for a land—

But! At the end of the day, fun rides and experiences win out for me. The lands like Galaxy’s Edge and Pandora are so preoccupied with keeping theming integrity that they‘re kind of missing the fun element.

Most of the middle of the Jurassic Park land was just plants, carnival games, hair braiding and a leather stand, and now it’ll be a massive kinetic ball of energy. I’m excited for something fun to invigorate a dead zone. Even just seeing paddock walls, electric fences and a game warden tower helps reinforce the theme of being in a dinosaur zoo, and that’s awesome.

I can forgive timeline incongruities between one attraction and the other directly across the path, as long as its adding something fun to my theme park day, because in the end, that holds the most value to me.
You nailed it with GE and Pandora, they over thought it and tried too hard to make it "real". This is where Universal seems to be nailing things and Disney does not, theme parks are FUN, and can also be incredibly immersive as well and Disney can't get that combo going.

Really I think the biggest reason why this is being debated/discussed so heavily is that this is Universal's biggest IP of their own (although maybe F&F is more) and while they're similar and the same, there is clear artistic differences, while maybe relatively subtle, between JP and JW. I don't think any of us are worried about having fun, though, nor does it ruin thematic integrity here. At the same time its hard to dismiss entirely as a hardcore fan haha.

Apparently Controversial Counterstatement -- Galaxy's Edge and Pandora are great, and absolutely in the mix with Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.

As for JP vs. JW, I want as much JP aesthetic influence to remain as humanly possible, and if that results in an overall land that is thematically/chronologically/geographically at-odds with itself at various points, I'm fine with it.

And once they get the trees in
I appreciate this confidence.

Yes, I agree. But it seems like there’s speculation of JWorld characters being involved. So, if that’s true, it’s not a blanket Jurassic-franchise coaster being added, it's specifically a JW coaster inside JP.

I’d actually love to see UC justify this within the ride’s story (if it does in fact have one).

Anyone think this could open in the spring? Seems like they're farther along than Hagrid was this many months out from its opening.

Im hoping(and very skeptical) that the reason this is coming together faster is because they have a ton of theming elements to go. I know its pie in the sky, but man would be great to have that leaked mosasaur moment in the ride.....

I prefer they go the educational route with this like bgt does with their coasters. Call it what it is, a coaster, but do the informative ‘did you know’ elements in the queue

“You’ll be launched from 0-60 in 1.5 seconds, which simulates a raptors ability to charge at its prey”

I love this idea.

Jurassic Park is a fantasy Busch Gardens after all.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Status
Not open for further replies.