Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 809 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really not sold on the walls. I don't know how that's not going to feel ultra-sterile and industrial, and clash pretty hard with the aesthetics of the existing structures on the other side of the walkway (and Camp Jurassic adjacent to it).
Walking through today felt very Jurassic to me. There’s still so much peaking out above the walls that it actually makes them not even feel too tall. If they’re able to put some trees in front in a few key spots it’ll be even better, but it’s further back away from the path so nowhere near as claustrophobic as when the work walls were up.

Really not sold on the walls. I don't know how that's not going to feel ultra-sterile and industrial, and clash pretty hard with the aesthetics of the existing structures on the other side of the walkway (and Camp Jurassic adjacent to it).

I keep eyeballing the aerial photos... it appears that much of run has left 6-8 feet for planting.. but i could be wrong. I will wait until they do the finish on the walls and add the plants and then render my caustic opinion. ;)

I really love the idea of the viewing spots. They are exactly what a zoo like this would have. Plus it gives universal a way to frame the shot of the rumored waterfall feature. Plus, this is the back of the ride. It should look like the back so guests aren't as confused as where the entrance is. Add in a bunch of plants and trees and this area is going to look great.

Netting is inevitable.

As long as it's unobtrusive from views across the lagoon, I'm fine with it. As I tend to enter the land from the Kong/Toon Lagoon side, I don't plan on using that bridge much anyway!

I'll be slightly more concerned if there needs to be a lot of netting in the areas directly in front of the Discovery Center.

Reactions: shiekra38
Yeah, as much as I hope that there will be some kind of theming (I saw someone mention a rock tunnel) under those sections, I'm not counting on it.
It's funny because I told my friends that I saw a wig trapped in the net over Hulk's launch and they said "there's a net? where?"

I also mentioned it to some TM's (just because I thought it was hillarious) and THEY even said "what net?"

I thought I was going insane, but people just really don't notice them

It's funny because I told my friends that I saw a wig trapped in the net over Hulk's launch and they said "there's a net? where?"

I also mentioned it to some TM's (just because I thought it was hillarious) and THEY even said "what net?"

I thought I was going insane, but people just really don't notice them
"Normal" people don't see them...

We, are far from normal lol

Status
Not open for further replies.