Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 810 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Looks around the room, waiting for someone else to explain...and nope, okay here we go...*

The JP in IOA is a different island - Isla Adventura. It’s a franchised version of the JP on Isla Nublar. All the film franchise’s events occur on that island.

Could they say, “Hey, here’s raptor trainer Owen from our latest park franchise, Jurassic World, and he’s here to teach you about raptors!”? Sure, that works. I’m just in the .01% of fans that takes theming too seriously and would like the land to either be JP or JW - not a combined version that’s confusing to try to justify. But, hey! This coaster’s still going to be fun, right?!

*Sits back down, hoping that recaps everything. Nibbles on a cracker.*

Yeah, nobody cares about the theming that much lol.

Yeah, nobody cares about the theming that much lol.

Well, I agree I’m one of very few people that care. It’s like the Hogwarts show building. Hiding it would have made the attraction just a little better in my eyes. Same for this attraction’s theming, although I’m looking forward to seeing how everything plays out.

Reactions: Coasted
Well, I agree I’m one of very few people that care. It’s like the Hogwarts show building. Hiding it would have made the attraction just a little better in my eyes. Same for this attraction’s theming, although I’m looking forward to seeing how everything plays out.
Unfortunately, theming is often such a subconscious thing that it can be the first thing to go.

It seemed like they just ran out of money towards the end of Hogsmede construction.

As for the JP -> JW argument...I feel like they're phasing in the JW look and we'll just have to live with them together

The rock work has shown me that they're at least committed to some unification

Reactions: JawsVictim
Unfortunately, theming is often such a subconscious thing that it can be the first thing to go.

It seemed like they just ran out of money towards the end of Hogsmede construction.

As for the JP -> JW argument...I feel like they're phasing in the JW look and we'll just have to live with them together

The rock work has shown me that they're at least committed to some unification

Yes, the rock work looks amazing so far. I’m also thinking the land will transition fully into JW over time.

I think they might have overdone the green moss/growths on the rockwork. It doesn’t really match any of the rockwork that’s currently in the land, and makes it look a little more fake IMO. Reminds me a little of Disney’s recent repaint on the “mountain” in the Canada Pavilion which also came out a little worse.

I think they might have overdone the green moss/growths on the rockwork. It doesn’t really match any of the rockwork that’s currently in the land, and makes it look a little more fake IMO. Reminds me a little of Disney’s recent repaint on the “mountain” in the Canada Pavilion which also came out a little worse.
It's all gonna fade over time. Make the colors more concentrated now, so they wash out in the sun a bit.

Well in all fairness, it's really not far along enough to really judge the elements that they're theming yet. You can't even see the whole rock structure for all of the scaffolding and scrims. Plus they haven't even started doing planting or finished the other hard thematic elements. Yes as we look at it currently, it looks out of place.

Moss? It looks more like seaweed to me...

I think we shouldn't take bio's pics' color tones too seriously. Remember when people thought the warden tower was purple.

He does get a bit carried away with the saturation at times. Months back he posted a picture and I thought they had repainted the DC columns dayglow orange.

Last edited:
Yeah from the photo's the track looks like a Prince coaster. And the thing isn't ready.
Wasn't it the rock work for Hogwarts that was repainted multiple times. Above that, trees, shrubs, water and the distance you look at it (without a camera) are all taken into consideration.
I've seen them painting the lion heads at the waterfront in the London area at Studios, blistering sun, reflection of the water and all these things are taken into considerations otherwise they could have painted them in a warehouse.

Yeah from the photo's the track looks like a Prince coaster. And the thing isn't ready.
Wasn't it the rock work for Hogwarts that was repainted multiple times. Above that, trees, shrubs, water and the distance you look at it (without a camera) are all taken into consideration.
I've seen them painting the lion heads at the waterfront in the London area at Studios, blistering sun, reflection of the water and all these things are taken into considerations otherwise they could have painted them in a warehouse.
Yes, another example is Kong, at one point the rocks were deep blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.