Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 812 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that has crossed my mind several times over the past few months is that the JP Jeep has been absent. I'm only assuming that there's more than one of them on property. Anyone else think that it's possible that maybe we might see a reappearance of one or more of them in or around the coaster? Just a rambling thought...

I’m a huge fan of both resorts and I’m glad that they’re quite different, because it keeps things fresh. Each side has things that they do better than the other and each side specializes in different experiences. I’m equally excited to hit Hagride and ROTR when I come down in Oct.

I just find the irony of Universal potentially opening up a world renowned attraction in the year that’s supposed to be Disney’s big celebration to be very amusing.

One thing that has crossed my mind several times over the past few months is that the JP Jeep has been absent. I'm only assuming that there's more than one of them on property. Anyone else think that it's possible that maybe we might see a reappearance of one or more of them in or around the coaster? Just a rambling thought...

I think there's a (small-ish) chance the Jeep returns to the land somewhere. I won't be surprised if it doesn't, though.

I'm also expecting the JP Explorer on the path towards the waterfront will eventually be removed, as that's going to become a major guest walking area once the coaster opens. I'd like to think they'd move the vehicle elsewhere, but I'm not terribly optimistic.

Reactions: Alicia
If the land really becomes fully geared towards the Jurassic World theme, then I think it’d be cool if they kept the original Park vehicles in the land but themed their photo spots (even if they have to be relocated) as though they’ve long been abandoned and the jungle has essentially begun to reclaim them. (Not saying they should destroy the vehicles to do so, necessarily, just bump up the foliage or something to give it the appearance that they’re tucked away and becoming part of the island itself.)

If the land really becomes fully geared towards the Jurassic World theme, then I think it’d be cool if they kept the original Park vehicles in the land but themed their photo spots (even if they have to be relocated) as though they’ve long been abandoned and the jungle has essentially begun to reclaim them. (Not saying they should destroy the vehicles to do so, necessarily, just bump up the foliage or something to give it the appearance that they’re tucked away and becoming part of the island itself.)
I like this idea, but they could just build a new rusted out old junker prop.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Just for a little introspective thought. I doubt anyone here, when this project first leaked, had any idea the theming would be this extensive. This has been a big time surprise. At first it just looked like another
typical high thrill coaster. Now, it seems like a legitimate E ticket attraction.
None of us should have had doubts after Hagrid's.

Hagrids in the back, Hulk in the Front.

I think I said pretty early on that it would be something between Hagrid and Hulk. The Triceratops Encounter area with rockwork and theming, and the front exposed track like Hulk.

EDIT: Although, even I'm blown away by how tall that rockwork has gotten.

It would also be cool to have a Indominus/ destroyed gyrosphere photo op where the Spino is now

Reactions: Bort
I think if the land is changing to JW, the JP vehicles don't exactly have a place and as a JP nerd I'd rather not have them distress them or theme them any other way to make them fit. They already botched the restoration they did on the Explorer so it'd be nice if any further damage was limited. If I remember correctly, the Explorer was screen-used and has a VIN number that actually traces back to Hawaii. I'm not sure about the Wrangler, but I do think they both should go to good homes.

What would fit in a JW land is the cache of Ingen harvester vehicles they had for years. I remember they used to have them in the JP expansion lot before Potterpalooza- anybody know what happened to them?

The burgundy designs should be the same color as the #05. It used to be, but when they tinted the windows on it they seem to have touched up with the wrong color. In case anyone was wondering what I meant by 'they botched it'.
EhbTXUAWAAYtLLC.jpg

EDIT: Found this, pretty interesting. The Last Jurassic Park Ford Explorer – 20,000 THINGS

Last edited:
I cannot recall, is the Jurassic Park sign translucent plastic or is it painted? It either needs to be repainted or replaced. It has faded to near pink.

It’s painted I believe, just backlit. But what have we said about not trusting color in bio’s pics? The camera likely brightened this one to compensate for it being dark out, which washes out color.

It probably does need a new coat though. Here’s a still frame from a video I did kind of recently.

5C7873A4-C6E9-4B7C-A361-FCA4E4A567DF.png

Status
Not open for further replies.