Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy who posted the photos/videos on his insta always posts from the work sites he works on, so probably wasn't thinking it would be a big deal or get so much reach... He deleted his posts soon after being informed he shouldn't have posted them. I feel bad seeing everyone sharing them around now. He deleted them for a reason.

Looks like there's a couple of inspections scheduled for today that should result in the queue/station getting its Temporary Certificate of Occupancy for guest use:

final.png

GuestTCO.png

So employee previews could potentially be VERY soon.

Looks like there's a couple of inspections scheduled for today that should result in the queue/station getting its Temporary Certificate of Occupancy for guest use:

final.png

GuestTCO.png

So employee previews could potentially be VERY soon.

This on the UO Permit Bot yet? I want to tweet it out with correct attribution.

Any effects we can think of that may be in the first launch tunnel. Water spray? Ive seen mist. Anything else? Highly doubt that we will only see a screen. Perhaps any small AA as we pull into the scene?

Just learned more about the queue video. Very Transformers-esque, Owen thinks this is a bad idea, taunting with what could go wrong. Claire interacts with guests, explains vehicle, etc.

Which, makes me wonder: everything about this ride, the queue, the merch, etc. taunts about "What could go wrong?" Originally, it appeared that the "what goes wrong" was the final break run AA, but, IIRC, didn't @Alicia say that it was cut? So, does nothing go wrong? Is Universal building up an entire ride based on one of their own tropes, just to not have something go wrong (honestly I wouldn't be opposed, but still somewhat puzzling)

Just learned more about the queue video. Very Transformers-esque, Owen thinks this is a bad idea, taunting with what could go wrong. Claire interacts with guests, explains vehicle, etc.

Which, makes me wonder: everything about this ride, the queue, the merch, etc. taunts about "What could go wrong?" Originally, it appeared that the "what goes wrong" was the final break run AA, but, IIRC, didn't @Alicia say that it was cut? So, does nothing go wrong? Is Universal building up an entire ride based on one of their own tropes, just to not have something go wrong (honestly I wouldn't be opposed, but still somewhat puzzling)
Really would love if the story of the ride was just that Owen wanted to get together with some mates and chill with his raptors.

Something that bugs me is... why are random backstage employees welcoming us to an “in-universe” ride? Like, if this is in-universe, they wouldn’t have “random head of park operations” and “random raptor ethologist” as the faces of the ride. It would be Jimmy Fallon, or Patrick Warburton, or another random, “safe” celebrity. And they definitely wouldn’t be discussing the “this is a bad idea” aspect of it in front of the guests. That’s completely out of Claire’s character.

There’s my nit-pick.

Something that bugs me is... why are random backstage employees welcoming us to an “in-universe” ride? Like, if this is in-universe, they wouldn’t have “random head of park operations” and “random raptor ethologist” as the faces of the ride. It would be Jimmy Fallon, or Patrick Warburton, or another random, “safe” celebrity. And they definitely wouldn’t be discussing the “this is a bad idea” aspect of it in front of the guests. That’s completely out of Claire’s character.

There’s my nit-pick.
I like the way Jurassic World The Ride incorporates Owen into the queue videos. It’s an interview with the Raptor expert and behind the scenes look at the Raptor paddock. I agree Claire is weird to see. But Owen makes sense now that his raptors are getting their own attraction. And of course Dr Wu takes any opportunity to talk about himself and his work in interviews so that works too.

I like the way Jurassic World The Ride incorporates Owen into the queue videos. It’s an interview with the Raptor expert and behind the scenes look at the Raptor paddock. I agree Claire is weird to see. But Owen makes sense now that his raptors are getting their own attraction. And of course Dr Wu takes any opportunity to talk about himself and his work in interviews so that works too.
If that’s the track they’re taking, Wu and Owen make sense. Claire still shouldn’t be there. The interviews would still be highly “scripted.” It would be more along the lines of a SeaWorld exhibit video.

There’s my nit-pick.
Owen brings up bad idea. Claire stops him, reminding that guests are present.
Same premise for incorporating Owen on Velocicoaster. Claire talks ina kind of PR way, but I agree that it is still a tad odd in universe.

Also, there may be a set of media I didn't hear anything about, but I know of one set of looping content (about a 4-5 min loop) with no Wu.

Owen brings up bad idea. Claire stops him, reminding that guests are present.

Same premise for incorporating Owen on Velocicoaster. Claire talks ina kind of PR way, but I agree that it is still a tad odd in universe.

Also, there may be a set of media I didn't hear anything about, but I know of one set of looping content (about a 4-5 min loop) with no Wu.
Wu was announced for the attraction, so he’s somewhere. There are probably different loops for different sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.