Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

violarum

Premium Member
Oct 5, 2009
Hogsmeade
I really heavily dislike the new colour scheme of the bas relief bone sculpture murals, but it must have been approved by UC so sadly there’s not much that can be done.

The original look from ‘98 was definitely better and not so “HDR” heavy, but personally I think that a metal with cool toned patina would look great for the mural, as if the bones were made of cast bronze, instead of this faux coppery eyesore we have now lol. It’s already on the new sculptures leading into the area and would give a lot more cohesion to the waterfront’s new cool-toned neighbors.

FD013ED6-E8B3-4BFD-A34D-F70A6229D878.jpeg

Steptwice

Rookie
Jun 6, 2016
I really heavily dislike the new colour scheme of the bas relief bone sculpture murals, but it must have been approved by UC so sadly there’s not much that can be done.

The original look from ‘98 was definitely better and not so “HDR” heavy, but personally I think that a metal with cool toned patina would look great for the mural, as if the bones were made of cast bronze, instead of this faux coppery eyesore we have now lol. It’s already on the new sculptures leading into the area and would give a lot more cohesion to the waterfront’s new cool-toned neighbors.

View attachment 14290
Remember, things get painted ultra vibrant knowing overtime the sun will fade the colors.

violarum

Premium Member
Oct 5, 2009
Hogsmeade
Remember, things get painted ultra vibrant knowing overtime the sun will fade the colors.
I’m fully aware, since it’s my job to undo that fade lol. I’m just saying that the actual scheme of colours just isn’t doing it.

It’s similar to what happened with Mythos - when it was repainted most recently, the chroma was waaay too intense. There’s supposed to be undertones of blue and green in the rockwork.

This mural is supposed to read from across the lagoon, and I get that. But colour context is a key facet of design. It clashes abrasively with the tones of Velocicoaster.

PerceptiveCoot

Veteran Member
Jul 13, 2018
It's gonna be so weird once this is finished. Feels like the end of an era of major construction occurring 24/7 in at least one part of the existing resort. We probably won't see vertical from EU till at least the fall.

Reactions: Coolbfitz

Magic Feather

Apr 19, 2019
I was thrilled when I saw the DC columns getting painted.
Then they decided to go in the opposite direction with everything else on the DC exterior.

Reactions: Coolbfitz

Joe

aka TestTrack321
Staff member
Feb 15, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
It's gonna be so weird once this is finished. Feels like the end of an era of major construction occurring 24/7 in at least one part of the existing resort. We probably won't see vertical from EU till at least the fall.
Which is insane, I don't think Universal has been like this since 2011? 2012?

JokerMan0925

Nov 18, 2010
Port of Entry
Which is insane, I don't think Universal has been like this since 2011? 2012?
With straight-up, no construction going on had to be around 2006-7?

2007-8 had Disaster/Simpsons
2008-10 had Rockit and Potter
2011-14 had Despicable Me, Transformers, and Diagon
2015-21 had Fallon, Fast, Bourne and VelociCoaster

kingcooger

Veteran Member
Feb 7, 2014
With straight-up, no construction going on had to be around 2006-7?

2007-8 had Disaster/Simpsons
2008-10 had Rockit and Potter
2011-14 had Despicable Me, Transformers, and Diagon
2015-21 had Fallon, Fast, Bourne and VelociCoaster
2013: Springfield expansion + K&K
2016: Kong
2017: Volcano Bay
2019: Hagrid

Yeah, it’s been a while since there was any break in construction

Last edited:
Reactions: JokerMan0925

tielo

Veteran Member
Nov 9, 2013
The Netherlands
I wouldn't be surprised if Universal opens Epic Universe next year. Sure it will only have a part of the hub with shops/restaurants and Super Nintendo World but I can see them do that. So the resort will have something new open.

Status
Not open for further replies.