Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really heavily dislike the new colour scheme of the bas relief bone sculpture murals, but it must have been approved by UC so sadly there’s not much that can be done.

The original look from ‘98 was definitely better and not so “HDR” heavy, but personally I think that a metal with cool toned patina would look great for the mural, as if the bones were made of cast bronze, instead of this faux coppery eyesore we have now lol. It’s already on the new sculptures leading into the area and would give a lot more cohesion to the waterfront’s new cool-toned neighbors.

FD013ED6-E8B3-4BFD-A34D-F70A6229D878.jpeg

I really heavily dislike the new colour scheme of the bas relief bone sculpture murals, but it must have been approved by UC so sadly there’s not much that can be done.

The original look from ‘98 was definitely better and not so “HDR” heavy, but personally I think that a metal with cool toned patina would look great for the mural, as if the bones were made of cast bronze, instead of this faux coppery eyesore we have now lol. It’s already on the new sculptures leading into the area and would give a lot more cohesion to the waterfront’s new cool-toned neighbors.

View attachment 14290
Remember, things get painted ultra vibrant knowing overtime the sun will fade the colors.

Remember, things get painted ultra vibrant knowing overtime the sun will fade the colors.

I’m fully aware, since it’s my job to undo that fade lol. I’m just saying that the actual scheme of colours just isn’t doing it.

It’s similar to what happened with Mythos - when it was repainted most recently, the chroma was waaay too intense. There’s supposed to be undertones of blue and green in the rockwork.

This mural is supposed to read from across the lagoon, and I get that. But colour context is a key facet of design. It clashes abrasively with the tones of Velocicoaster.

It's gonna be so weird once this is finished. Feels like the end of an era of major construction occurring 24/7 in at least one part of the existing resort. We probably won't see vertical from EU till at least the fall.

Which is insane, I don't think Universal has been like this since 2011? 2012?

With straight-up, no construction going on had to be around 2006-7?

2007-8 had Disaster/Simpsons
2008-10 had Rockit and Potter
2011-14 had Despicable Me, Transformers, and Diagon
2015-21 had Fallon, Fast, Bourne and VelociCoaster

With straight-up, no construction going on had to be around 2006-7?

2007-8 had Disaster/Simpsons
2008-10 had Rockit and Potter
2011-14 had Despicable Me, Transformers, and Diagon
2015-21 had Fallon, Fast, Bourne and VelociCoaster
2013: Springfield expansion + K&K
2016: Kong
2017: Volcano Bay
2019: Hagrid

Yeah, it’s been a while since there was any break in construction

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Universal opens Epic Universe next year. Sure it will only have a part of the hub with shops/restaurants and Super Nintendo World but I can see them do that. So the resort will have something new open.

Status
Not open for further replies.