Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 920 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Just wanted to provide a quick update on these inspections. Unfortunately, only one of them was partially completed on 3/30 and the rest were cancelled because (and I'm sorry if this is too technical) the equipment that's used for the building's radio signals and coverage (BDA/DAS) was not located in a room with a 2-hour rated wall:

cancelled.jpg

cancelled2.jpg

The good news is this issue seems to have been corrected because almost every open permit for this project (8 of them) has its final inspection scheduled for tomorrow morning at 6a.

final-007.jpg

final-002.jpg

final-004.jpg

So uhhh, maybe that lagoon waterfront area will be opening up soonish?

6AM? I wish we could get inspections at 6AM. Thats the most impressive thing about this project so far, they can get an inspector there before sunrise.

Universal Orlando has announced that Jurassic World VelociCoaster will be officially opening on June 10, 2021!

Thank god. I was getting ready to mute Universal on Twitter. Summer 2021 was a long played out joke.

Have fun ya'll.

UserTM PreviewsGuest PreviewsGrand Opening
JoeApril 6April 9May 19
AliciaMarch 25April 19May 31
AlexanderMBushMarch 18March 26May 15
joelbryant11April 15April 23May 31
ThemeParks4LifeApril 5April 11May 28
Scott WMarch 26April 1April 15
Magic FeatherApril 20May 15June 1
rhino4evrMarch 26April 16June 2
BBPHMarch 23April 6April 22
TommyJKApril 19May 14May 27
tieloMarch 29April 5May 1
DancaptJune 1June 24
EbuilderMarch 9March 27April 30
DisneyheadMarch 22March 26June 7
Cup_of_coffeeApril 1April 12May 28
To clarify our little wager:

1. Just repeat to yourself it's just a game and I should really just relax.
  2. The "winner" of each category will be the closest to the date of the category specified.
    1. If there is a tie on split days (ex: Feb 18, Feb 20, and it opens Feb 19) then Price is Right rules will kick in. A tie on the same day (two choices of Feb 19) then there will be two or more winners.
  3. If a date range is given I have chosen the first date as the bet.
  4. Prizes: I dunno a custom title maybe?
  5. Any other rule changes or decisions will be made by Joe in the fairest manner possible.
  6. See #1 again

A lot things that stand out in this piece

Hall says that most passengers’ feet will not touch the floor of the deep vehicles, which will add to their sense of vulnerability as they endure the coaster’s twists, flips and turns.

VelociCoaster will perform a 360-degree barrel-roll inversion a few feet above the lagoon at Islands of Adventure. Riders will experience a weightless sensation, almost as if they are floating along the water. Universal has dubbed the maneuver a “mosasaurus roll,” in honor of the memorable dinosaur feeding show scene from the first “Jurassic World” movie.

The ride and its thrills are intricately woven into the storyline. Acknowledging the notion of a fictional theme park within an actual one, Honea says the attraction is a “self-aware, meta-coaster.”

You can follow the link for the rest, there’s some story spoilers in there

Status
Not open for further replies.