Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

I haven’t been on this thread recently but what are the rumors at least as to why this ride has had so many issues in the last few months? Is it a problem with the Trains? Track wear and tear? Something else?

I would take a guess to say that this is in direct reference to the multi-day closure back in February. May be trying to dodge much larger bullets....Definitely sucks for those waiting in the line but at least it's a pretty cool line to be stuck in.

I would take a guess to say that this is in direct reference to the multi-day closure back in February. May be trying to dodge much larger bullets....Definitely sucks for those waiting in the line but at least it's a pretty cool line to be stuck in.
My main issue for this is that they release too many people into the lockers when they have less capacity filling that top line. This causes child swap and express people to have a way more inflated line than they should. When down a coaster (or two) they should send up less people to that top platform causing less of a rider swap/express issue. It is the one ride I am aware of that this happens with.

Yes, partly in reference to that February closure but mostly to the fact that this was the most efficient people eating coaster ever built and it has consistently had wait times longer than Hagrids in the last month or so. I’m guessing not being able to run 4 trains is the issue but why can’t they run 4 trains? Why are they limiting it to 2 trains today like mentioned in the post?

Yes, partly in reference to that February closure but mostly to the fact that this was the most efficient people eating coaster ever built and it has consistently had wait times longer than Hagrids in the last month or so. I’m guessing not being able to run 4 trains is the issue but why can’t they run 4 trains? Why are they limiting it to 2 trains today like mentioned in the post?
Sounds like they're running into issues with the trains that require repair and are unable to actually run more than two at a time.

It also might be a temporary thing until the core issue is resolved. I don't have any insider info so I could be wrong, but part of me wonders if this is a loophole they found....keep the ride open and fix the issue, but can't run as many trains as usual for a while. Seems plausible.

@IzzyB agreed. That locker area can become a fuster cluck of epic proportions.

It also might be a temporary thing until the core issue is resolved. I don't have any insider info so I could be wrong, but part of me wonders if this is a loophole they found....keep the ride open and fix the issue, but can't run as many trains as usual for a while. Seems plausible.

@IzzyB agreed. That locker area can become a fuster cluck of epic proportions.
And I like how they do the lockers. But they need to just let less people in and let people wait in the other queue parts. In reality they have the queue space especially when running less coasters there is less people in line. So I don't understand the need to pack the line where the scanning is done (which causes locker issues) and the upper line. When it is only one round of the video upstairs I get it, allowing express and child swap get the whole experience. Slightly slows down child swap, but it is fine. When they are down a coaster it is torture watching that video over and over and then swapping and waiting in the room forever with young children. We caught it with 3 coasters running and it was bad, I can't even imagine 2 coasters.

And I like how they do the lockers. But they need to just let less people in and let people wait in the other queue parts. In reality they have the queue space especially when running less coasters there is less people in line. So I don't understand the need to pack the line where the scanning is done (which causes locker issues) and the upper line. When it is only one round of the video upstairs I get it, allowing express and child swap get the whole experience. Slightly slows down child swap, but it is fine. When they are down a coaster it is torture watching that video over and over and then swapping and waiting in the room forever with young children. We caught it with 3 coasters running and it was bad, I can't even imagine 2 coasters.
Agreed. The lockers are genius and I wish other parks would do them/transition over. My "home" park now is Cedar Point and Steel Vengeance needs something like what VC has.

The outdoor portions are certainly large enough to hold the added crowds. Granted it would balloon a little bit, but nothing horrible imo. Heck, my dad and I waited the 2 hour wait and the line was backed up almost to the mosasaurus roll viewing platform. Sparsing out the crowds a little more won't hurt anything too much - except people's patience before the lockers. I think I memorized that ride video by the time we finally loaded. They were running 3-4 on that day but was still slower than usual as they kept cycling the amount of trains available.

"Put a rollercoaster in the paddock....what could go wrong?!"

I think I memorized that ride video by the time we finally loaded. They were running 3-4 on that day but was still slower than usual as they kept cycling the amount of trains available.

"Put a rollercoaster in the paddock....what could go wrong?!"
The coaster went down on my trip a couple of years ago and I was stuck there for at least a half hour before deciding to ditch the line when a bunch of workers started filling the control room.

I'm surprised at how enjoyable that portion of the queue is even after being there for a while. Comparatively I cannot stand being stuck in almost any part of the line for Transformers for more than a few minutes, the worst one being where General Whats-his-face talks about EVAC and runs off screen with the other guy.

Thinking about it it probably has a lot to do with how long the video is before it repeats. VC's queue is also written entertainingly which helps.

The coaster went down on my trip a couple of years ago and I was stuck there for at least a half hour before deciding to ditch the line when a bunch of workers started filling the control room.

I'm surprised at how enjoyable that portion of the queue is even after being there for a while. Comparatively I cannot stand being stuck in almost any part of the line for Transformers for more than a few minutes, the worst one being where General Whats-his-face talks about EVAC and runs off screen with the other guy.

Thinking about it it probably has a lot to do with how long the video is before it repeats. VC's queue is also written entertainingly which helps.
I was there opening day for Transformers and was stuck in that line for 2+ hours. A nightmare