Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just pointing out how "reputable insiders" can exaggerate a situation beyond what they know at the moment. I'm not discrediting anyone, but odd to claim insider info (or the ability to get info) on everything and post vague statements.

Good on Universal to get it up and running as soon as possible. Kong entry gates on the other hand...

There wasn't any need to be rude about it - especially when Tommy was trying his best to offer possible explanations at a time when the picture wasn't clear and there was a lot of other noise making the situation seem a lot worse than it was.

Just be glad the original thought process of its closure didn't pan out and they were able to fix the situation quicker than anticipated.

Can someone fill me in why the UOAP group was done away with?? DM me (please) if it takes away from this thread!

No idea. My only guess is that it became such a toxic place that it was finally shelved.

There wasn't any need to be rude about it - especially when Tommy was trying his best to offer possible explanations at a time when the picture wasn't clear and there was a lot of other noise making the situation seem a lot worse than it was.

Just be glad the original thought process of its closure didn't pan out and they were able to fix the situation quicker than anticipated.

No idea. My only guess is that it became such a toxic place that it was finally shelved.
Are all those people just gonna come here then? Bleh...

Just pointing out how "reputable insiders" can exaggerate a situation beyond what they know at the moment. I'm not discrediting anyone, but odd to claim insider info (or the ability to get info) on everything and post vague statements.

Good on Universal to get it up and running as soon as possible. Kong entry gates on the other hand...

It’s still running at limited capacity, it’s open but not everything is back to 100%, previous claims whilst vague were probably quite fair.

It’s still running at limited capacity, it’s open but not everything is back to 100%, previous claims whilst vague were probably quite fair.
Someone mentioned they were running 3 trains earlier today, so they're back to normal ops far faster than some claimed.

Let’s just all be happy whatever the issue was got fixed really quickly. Ever since Velocicoaster opened I’ve found the rest of IOA to be so boring…it really is that good.

Someone mentioned they were running 3 trains earlier today, so they're back to normal ops far faster than some claimed.

I certainly don’t think there was any ill intent from anyone sometimes information comes out sometimes it doesn’t because let’s be frank it shouldn’t, people are just trying to offer explanation where possible.

It’s not like anyone said it’s doomed and they’ll start tearing it down next week.

But yes, let’s just be very happy that it’s open.

I did nothing of the sort. You're making yourself look very silly.

It seems my friend got to ride during his vacation as he texted me “Jurassic coaster is SICK” so I guess the ride is doing its job properly.

It seems my friend got to ride during his vacation as he texted me “Jurassic coaster is SICK” so I guess the ride is doing its job properly.
Or he was letting us know that it was taking another sick day, and that we should worry about it's future! Velocicoaster has clearly fallen terribly ill! What a shame, why would Intamin do this to us... :pensive: /s

• Haha
Reactions: TylerG
I’m not sure it’s running at full capacity still. The wait is at 105 min now and it’s a weekday. The last trip I took in October it was never above 75 min.
It actually went up to 180 min now.

Last edited:
I’m not sure it’s running at full capacity still. The wait is at 105 min now and it’s a weekday. The last trip I took in October it was never above 75 min.
We are going into a long weekend so people may have taken a couple days off and come early. I expect crowds to pick up the closer we get to this weekend.

Reactions: USO92
We are going into a long weekend so people may have taken a couple days off and come early. I expect crowds to pick up the closer we get to this weekend.
How come it's a long weekend? I've been noticing the uptick too but saw that OI's crowd calendar is saying Monday will be packed.

VelociCoaster seem to be running into more delays, causing waits now to often be posted higher than Hagrid's. Prior to express being added, it averaged 45-minutes... then jumped to 60 when express opened up. Now it seems to always be posted at 90+

Is it really a delay? It sounds like it's just "busy". Are they using the outdoor overflow queue or is the standby only inside?
When I was last there they were down to 2 trains at one point and then 3 trains. I know since I have started going it is rare to see it under 90 minutes, so I imagine they are not running all the trains. The top platform is packed and you are watching that show 2 to 3 times.

Which on a side note when they are down to 2 or 3 trains they need to change protocol to not pack that line upstairs. It is a real issue for child swap. We spend a ton of time in the child swap room on that ride which is very annoying for my son who isn't tall enough to ride. They also don't have the volume on the TV show which annoys him since if you are not tall enough to ride the majority also can't read. All other rides are fine since you go straight to the loading area after swapping.