Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My friend is on vacation with his boyfriend and he just texted me it’s closed, it was on the top of the list for their attractions for their 5 day trip, hopefully opens again before end of the weekend. It’s their first UOR trip!

Also, I think it is worth taking statements alluding to and comparing to other serious coaster incidents with a truck load of salt. Even people I know who opened the ride have cautioned that these sorts of rumours are by no means confirmed to even them
Yeah, it's for sure not anywhere near that level of severe at this point...

Something that needs to be looked at? Yes. Something THAT bad... no.

Unsurprisingly, it's confirmed closed again today.

I do think Universal should be being a bit more upfront here - the official line seems to be that we should be keeping an eye on the app for closures, but if they know it's going to be down for multiple days they should be making this clear.

Their current strategy comes across as disingenuous.

I do think Universal should be being a bit more upfront here - the official line seems to be that we should be keeping an eye on the app for closures, but if they know it's going to be down for multiple days they should be making this clear.

Good points

You're not wrong. The issue is they don't really have a known day as this wasn't planned downtime - so they don't want to underestimate it. Imagine telling someone 3 days, and it opens in 5. It's a double-edged sword. As of now, they can only promise the day of.

Reactions: Tobias and GA-MBIT
Also, I think it is worth taking statements alluding to and comparing to other serious coaster incidents with a truck load of salt. Even people I know who opened the ride have cautioned that these sorts of rumours are by no means confirmed to even them
I dont know man, every time I’ve been on it there’s a disgruntled TM on the TV right before the loading station warning everybody how dangerous the ride is.

Last edited:
Cmon now.
Just pointing out how "reputable insiders" can exaggerate a situation beyond what they know at the moment. I'm not discrediting anyone, but odd to claim insider info (or the ability to get info) on everything and post vague statements.

Good on Universal to get it up and running as soon as possible. Kong entry gates on the other hand...