Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Will they eventually give it some downtime? Do the math, it runs four trains at very high forces, year round, in the Florida heat. I'm as big a fan of it as anyone so I want it to stay in good condition!

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Had an absolutely incredible night time / light rain run on this. Think it goes down as one of the most memorable coaster experiences ever. I still can't believe how intense this coaster is. It's right up there with the best Cedar Fair rides. Really makes me wish the park was open later on a fairly regular basis.
The OI event is a great time to ride it fwiw

Incredibly low waits because everyone is at Hagrid’s

i-remember-everything-i-knew-it.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Nico
Can anyone tell me if when boarding, do you fave to step down into the car b4 seating, or do you walk into the car and sit. My wife had a muscle disease which makes it difficult for her to step up out of a vehicle and with the quick dispatch times, I worry about her holding everything up. I've b3n on this ride 3 times myself, but I can't for the life of me remember.

I got to do my first night ride of this coaster tonight.... no words. I think it was my 3rd time riding it overall and I have to say this is probably my favorite coaster ever. Absolute insanity

Mixed Martial Arts Wow GIF by UFC
It’s an insane ride at night. Last time I rode it was a day after squats in the gym…by the end of the ride my legs were in actual pain from being thrown up into the lap bar so many times. Best ride I’ve ever had by far.
Can anyone tell me if when boarding, do you fave to step down into the car b4 seating, or do you walk into the car and sit. My wife had a muscle disease which makes it difficult for her to step up out of a vehicle and with the quick dispatch times, I worry about her holding everything up. I've b3n on this ride 3 times myself, but I can't for the life of me remember.
You step up into the seat. But I wouldn’t worry either way…it’s not gonna kill anybody to wait a few extra seconds (even though I think your wife should be fine).

You step up into the seat. But I wouldn’t worry either way…it’s not gonna kill anybody to wait a few extra seconds (even though I think your wife should be fine).
Just want to echo this. Feel free to let a team member know your wife may need extra time to board and see if there's a way they can make that experience a bit easier. Beyond that, she should take her time. It's okay if everyone else has to wait a bit longer to experience the attraction.

Finally got to ride this last night. First, I rode at night so I am sure that sways me more since night rides on any coaster are always better. Also, want to say how happy this is 51" as I have never understood why all big coasters in Central Florida are 54" when parks like Dollywood can do 50" Eagle. You would think these bigger parks would invest to get restraints that allow lower heights. Also want to say this ride does not look intense. When you see it I couldn't figure out the hype. I mean when we entered and the lights on the train at night, sure that was cool. But my son said he would ride it if he could as it didn't look bad. Hulk he was a flat no on. He is only 48" so it didn't matter but it was interesting how it looks vs the ride itself.

The wait was about 110 minutes regular, we waited in Express about 30 minutes. The lockers being later I liked, but what I didn't like is the child swap still required a pretty long line which meant my son had to be in child swap a decent amount of time and it was cold in there. He complained you couldn't hear the TV like in other child swap places. All other ones pretty much put you on the loading station for the second ride and that was not the case with this one.

I have to say this is an amazing coaster. I would place it at the top of my list. I do want to re-ride during the day and see if I have the same opinion. My 13 year old and almost 9 year old had a hard time saying this was better than their tops, but both said equal or extremely close, for sure 2nd. My 13 is Eagle at Dollywood and she has ridden a decent amount of coasters as she was riding Eagle at age 8 and so she has had many years of big coasters and we have done a decent amount of parks. My almost 9 has done way less as she went thru a scared phase at age 7 which she is over now. Her favorite was Mako, but again she has ridden way less coasters. My husband said best coaster. We were all blown away by this coaster. This was a really good addition to the park.

Overall we all agreed the wait was well worth the ride, but glad we had express! We will be riding this every chance we get for sure.

Sooo, Velocicoaster has seemingly been having a lot of issues recently? I went to UOR over the weekend and on Saturday, the ride was down from around 9:30am to 4:30pm, and when it reopened, it was only running two trains with the output of if it were four trains. I was stalking the app all day for a chance to ride, and despite rushing over as soon as it seemed to go back up, the line was already posted at 180 minutes. We attempted to wait but had only moved about 50-100 feet in 40 minutes as Express was backed up, so we ended up leaving for the day.

On Sunday, it still seemed to be operating with two trains but was at least up for more of the day. Unfortunately, it was raining in the morning so my party didn't want to risk a thunderstorm emptying the line, and we waited until around 4:30pm to get in line again. After 15 minutes, downtime began, and after 15 more, the line emptied and the ride closed for the day at around 5:00pm.

Now, this is just my two-day experience, and part of our bad luck was self-inflicted by not attempting to ride Velocicoaster earlier on Sunday. I've heard Friday and today were also problematic but I can't verify those myself. Still, it sucks that in my first major UOR trip since 2018, I was unable to ride one of the biggest new E-tickets due to the ride being down for approximately half of the park's operating hours across two days, and operating at half capacity when it was working. (FWIW, I was able to do all of the other attractions that opened since 2018 without any issue, including multiple issue-free rides on Hagrid's thanks to the free express from Velocicoaster downtime.) The tl:dr of it though: is this a new, consistent issue, or did I just get hit with exceptionally bad luck on my trip? I hadn't heard of Velocicoaster having Rise or Hagrids-type issues but I also wasn't following the forums when it first opened so I don't know for sure.

Reactions: TylerG
Sooo, Velocicoaster has seemingly been having a lot of issues recently? I went to UOR over the weekend and on Saturday, the ride was down from around 9:30am to 4:30pm, and when it reopened, it was only running two trains with the output of if it were four trains. I was stalking the app all day for a chance to ride, and despite rushing over as soon as it seemed to go back up, the line was already posted at 180 minutes. We attempted to wait but had only moved about 50-100 feet in 40 minutes as Express was backed up, so we ended up leaving for the day.

On Sunday, it still seemed to be operating with two trains but was at least up for more of the day. Unfortunately, it was raining in the morning so my party didn't want to risk a thunderstorm emptying the line, and we waited until around 4:30pm to get in line again. After 15 minutes, downtime began, and after 15 more, the line emptied and the ride closed for the day at around 5:00pm.

Now, this is just my two-day experience, and part of our bad luck was self-inflicted by not attempting to ride Velocicoaster earlier on Sunday. I've heard Friday and today were also problematic but I can't verify those myself. Still, it sucks that in my first major UOR trip since 2018, I was unable to ride one of the biggest new E-tickets due to the ride being down for approximately half of the park's operating hours across two days, and operating at half capacity when it was working. (FWIW, I was able to do all of the other attractions that opened since 2018 without any issue, including multiple issue-free rides on Hagrid's thanks to the free express from Velocicoaster downtime.) The tl:dr of it though: is this a new, consistent issue, or did I just get hit with exceptionally bad luck on my trip? I hadn't heard of Velocicoaster having Rise or Hagrids-type issues but I also wasn't following the forums when it first opened so I don't know for sure.

Sorry you couldn't experience it! I haven't heard of any issues and it seemed to be fine last week. Seems like it may have just been bad luck, sadly. I'll keep an ear out to see what happens with the ride in the next couple of weeks.

I went Saturday morning and the singles line didn’t open and was told it’s because they were down to 2 trains. Line was posted at 90 mins then quickly to 105 just after park open. Had been operating fine for the two weeks of our holiday prior it seemed.