Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To be frank, I don't understand what the problem is. Just about every other major attraction is able to handle a standby/express merge. The queue is tailored for a fairly easy one.

Reactions: dxwwf3
I am questioning my sanity with the following statement:

Velocicoaster shakes more than Rip Ride Rockit now. Still a more enjoyable ride and doesn't take away too much from the experience.

Speaks more of whatever improvement they have been doing at Rip Ride Rockit.

I am questioning my sanity with the following statement:

Velocicoaster shakes more than Rip Ride Rockit now. Still a more enjoyable ride and doesn't take away too much from the experience.

Speaks more of whatever improvement they have been doing at Rip Ride Rockit.

As I said in the discussion about Mako's repainting, they have got to give VC some downtime at some point over the next few years--four trains at a time, every day of the year, you do the math. A few weeks of TLC is a much better option than having to tear the whole thing out and retracting it!

Reactions: Ahmanet
Universal's really creating the "launch > chain lift" narrative

Actually, no! From people I’ve talked to the constant mid course blocks are due to fears of stalling due to the wind tunnel created between the buildings. In order to hit capacity they needed so many.

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
Actually, no! From people I’ve talked to the constant mid course blocks are due to fears of stalling due to the wind tunnel created between the buildings. In order to hit capacity they needed so many.
It does have to do with capacity, but blocks are used to separate cars and increase car number on the track at one time - it doesn't have anything to do with the wind! Here's a video explaining:

TLDR: every car has to be on its own "section" of the track at a time to prevent it from potentially coming into contact with another car. Since this coaster runs so many trains at once, you need a lot of sections to keep them separated.

It does have to do with capacity, but blocks are used to separate cars and increase car number on the track at one time - it doesn't have anything to do with the wind! Here's a video explaining:

TLDR: every car has to be on its own "section" of the track at a time to prevent it from potentially coming into contact with another car. Since this coaster runs so many trains at once, you need a lot of sections to keep them separated.

Yup, all about ride capacity. I don't think they realized the impact of wind until after the ride was completed and tested. Each RockIt block is approximately ~20-30 secs long in duration, enough to get reach that coveted 1,440 hourly throughput.

Had an absolutely incredible night time / light rain run on this. Think it goes down as one of the most memorable coaster experiences ever. I still can't believe how intense this coaster is. It's right up there with the best Cedar Fair rides. Really makes me wish the park was open later on a fairly regular basis.

I’ve already ridden this ride plenty of times since its soft opening in 2021. I can safely say this is not just my favorite coaster at Universal, but it is right up there with some of the best coasters I’ve ridden! For perspective, I’ve ridden 211 coasters as of today; I would put VelociCoaster easily in the Top 10, nearly Top 5!

Probably the part that gets me the most is that “Mosasaurus Roll” with its insane hangtime! The airtime on this ride is also some of the best I’ve gotten on a coaster! Plus the velociraptors just near enough to the train in the first half adds even more thrill!

I just love this coaster so much!

I’ve already ridden this ride plenty of times since its soft opening in 2021. I can safely say this is not just my favorite coaster at Universal, but it is right up there with some of the best coasters I’ve ridden! For perspective, I’ve ridden 211 coasters as of today; I would put VelociCoaster easily in the Top 10, nearly Top 5!

Probably the part that gets me the most is that “Mosasaurus Roll” with its insane hangtime! The airtime on this ride is also some of the best I’ve gotten on a coaster! Plus the velociraptors just near enough to the train in the first half adds even more thrill!

I just love this coaster so much!
I'm at 165 coasters and have it 2nd on my list behind Steel Vengeance.

Such a good ride.

I'm at 165 coasters and have it 2nd on my list behind Steel Vengeance.

Such a good ride.

LSmdea.gif