Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They are, but the new procedures have slowed them down a bit now
Hearing the procedure change is because of "coaster enthusiasts" purposely contorting their bodies in such a way that the lap bar does not come down as far as it should so they can get more airtime. So stupid. Coaster fanboys can be the worst.

Hearing the procedure change is because of "coaster enthusiasts" purposely contorting their bodies in such a way that the lap bar does not come down as far as it should so they can get more airtime. So stupid. Coaster fanboys can be the worst.

A tale as old as time.

Reactions: GAcoaster
What’s the new procedure?

Unconfirmed anecdote out there that staff at the hotel AND ride operators said express was only temporary while Hagrids was down- anyone confirm or deny this?

That’d be a bit weird, and I’m not sure how that would alleviate the operational sting of Hagrid being down.

Any on the ground reports of how express is impacting the standby queue?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
That’d be a bit weird, and I’m not sure how that would alleviate the operational sting of Hagrid being down.

Any on the ground reports of how express is impacting the standby queue?
Not a ground report....but posted waits on Touring Plans since Express started , are showing a 20% to 30% increase in posted standby times from the pretty steady high 40 to mid 50's minutes (with 'actual' rates lower) it had
generally posted since it's opening. It rarely had real long lines after it's first month of existence. Never was like Hagrid time wise.

You can buy express on the website for days beyond the Hagrid closure and VelociCoaster is listed as included so it would be a little misleading if it were temporary.

I wonder if this was a shortsighted decision or most likely that hotel guests would be furious if Hagrid was down during their stay and the alternative was to just give them express for Velocicoaster. Universal announced Hagrid's refurb pretty late in the planning stage for a lot of people. They only gave a month and a half notice.

I wonder if this was a shortsighted decision or most likely that hotel guests would be furious if Hagrid was down during their stay and the alternative was to just give them express for Velocicoaster. Universal announced Hagrid's refurb pretty late in the planning stage for a lot of people. They only gave a month and a half notice.

There's no reason to guess because it's not the reason and it also makes no sense.