Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rode Velocicoaster on Saturday standby wait was posted at 105 minutes... actual was a whopping 25 minutes - faster than Express. The standby queue started by the raptor windows... BUT express was a whole separate issue. The queue for express is using the switchbacks in the raptor statue area and was way longer than standby.

Now with Hagrid reopen, we should see better data to determine the wait-time impacts. (So far it's averaging 60 minutes today, compared to the 45 average we typically see)

Posted wait outside is like 110 min, but standby isn’t even into the extended queue (first room is full though). Currently in Express (which was backed up to the entrance), and I don’t feel like we’re moving more frequently than standby. Seems a little slow for express, idk.

Edit - sped up considerably after getting past the first room. That first stretch was like molasses though.

Reactions: JoeCamel
got my long-awaited ride on the orlando trip I just got back from. not saying anything revolutionary here, but damn what a good roller coaster. got a chance to ride it in the morning and at night and am glad I did so. as a long-time Maverick Liker, it was killer to go on the next evolution of this type of coaster.

Great ride for sure. Express is hit or miss seems like single rider is good whennit is open. Got 4 rides in 30 min of early entry since everyone from the hotels hits Hagrids. Also Hagrids needs express. It has been long enough. If I am paying the high price for express I deserve a ride on Hagrids without waiting 2 hours.

Reactions: mlwelch1
I just returned from my first trip to Universal after 4 years, and holy bananas, this roller coaster is amazing. I get sick on anything Hulk/RRR or above, and I didn't even come close to feeling sick on this. I'm bewildered and ecstatic.
Good to hear you're back. Your posts were always interesting.

Reactions: Joel
I just returned from my first trip to Universal after 4 years, and holy bananas, this roller coaster is amazing. I get sick on anything Hulk/RRR or above, and I didn't even come close to feeling sick on this. I'm bewildered and ecstatic.

I believe VC pulls more positive G's than negative ones which I feel would explain why you feel differently than other coasters.

Reactions: Joel
They are still struggling with Express at Velocicoaster lol

From Saturday -
Standby Posted: 115
Actual: 28

Express was using the main switchbacks in the main raptor statue room, standby started just inside the raptor windows.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
They are still struggling with Express at Velocicoaster lol

From Saturday -
Standby Posted: 115
Actual: 28

Express was using the main switchbacks in the main raptor statue room, standby started just inside the raptor windows.
Woah, is this pretty common? As in, if I see the wait time posted that high I should go ahead and get in line anyway?

Huh they must be messing around with the merge.
They seem to be struggling with scanning express tickets as well since by the time we passed metal detectors the entire post-detector queue was completely empty, even though the queues were rather full before lockers.

We got in line just inside the raptor windows, made it to the animatronics in only 5 minutes before one of the supervisors announced "...something raptor, dispatches are 4 echo (I assume E for express) to 1 delta"

Woah, is this pretty common? As in, if I see the wait time posted that high I should go ahead and get in line anyway?
This was at night when the park was surprisingly busy, but during the day the wait-time will definitely be a lot more.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
we rode velocicoaster twice using express (a guest in our party needed an disability pass) and we waited an hour each time with a posted standby time of 120 minutes. the standby queue was wrapped around the raptor statue, but I (obviously) don't know how long that queue was actually taking. this was the week of march 15th, so ... it was obviously quite crowded.

It seems like the ride would be better off for everyone if they took away Express. Express isn't running fast enough to please those that pay for it and it has really inflated the wait times for standby. It's like nobody is winning right now.

I've never seen Touring Plans stat numbers for inflated wait times at Universal. I'm guessing they don't get enough guest tests to legitimize a number. But they do that weekly at Touring Plans for the WDW parks, and the average is that the 'actual' standby line wait numbers are 60% to 64% of the park's standby 'posted' wait numbers. I'd guess that Universal is probably in that neighborhood also, and probably done for the same reasons.

I've never seen Touring Plans stat numbers for inflated wait times at Universal. I'm guessing they don't get enough guest tests to legitimize a number. But they do that weekly at Touring Plans for the WDW parks, and the average is that the 'actual' standby line wait numbers are 60% to 64% of the park's standby 'posted' wait numbers. I'd guess that Universal is probably in that neighborhood also, and probably done for the same reasons.

Yup. Universal wait-times, especially around closing time, are never to be trusted.

It seems like the ride would be better off for everyone if they took away Express. Express isn't running fast enough to please those that pay for it and it has really inflated the wait times for standby. It's like nobody is winning right now.
It's a busy season now so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but it'll be interesting to see in May when things slow down.

Reactions: dxwwf3 and Mad Dog