Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The wheels wear fast on this ride. I’ve gotten a really smooth ride recently, but many very bumpy. Might rely on how worn the wheels are on that particular train that moment of that day.

Also, there’s always been one train that’s rough! I got it first week and was surprised, was told that one is always like that. You never know if you’re gonna get it.
Yes I got two rides on it yesterday, middle of the train, and it had a bit of a rattle to it

I must have gotten the bad train on both rides

It wasn't rough and made the ride feel a bit more uncontrolled than it already does

The rattle seemed lesser in the drawn out second half

VelociCoaster won two of of the 2021 Theme Park Insider Awards that are voted on by their readers. Universal did quite well. The winners are:
*Best Theme Park: IOA
*Best Halloween Event: HHN Orlando
*Best Holiday Event: Holidays at Universal Orlando
*Best Theme Park Restaurant: Mythos
*Best Theme Park Show: Untrainable, Beijing Universal
*Best Theme park Hotel: AK Lodge
*Best New Attraction; VelociCoaster
*Best Theme Park Coaster: VelociCoaster
*Best Theme Park attraction: Rise of the Resistance
*Best Theme Park insider; Tom Williams, Universal Orlando
Pretty good results from a site that seems to have a large majority of it's readers Disney oriented, if story comments are an indicator.

Last edited:
VelociCoaster won two of of the 2021 Theme Park Insider Awards that are voted on by their readers. Universal did quite well. The winners are:
*Best Theme Park attraction: Rise if the Resistance
Pretty good results from a site that seems to have a large majority of it's readers Disney oriented, if story comments are an indicator.

Disney only won two...Shows investing in well themed coasters is a smart idea...

You know, I kind of struggle with Rise being on the list

Seeing as this is an international list apparently, I could easily swap Rise with the new JW ride in Beijing

Rise is great, really great, but idk

That being said, Velocicoaster is a top tier coaster, it blew me away.

We honestly have some really great coasters here in FL that people come from all over the world to see

You know, I kind of struggle with Rise being on the list

Seeing as this is an international list apparently, I could easily swap Rise with the new JW ride in Beijing

Rise is great, really great, but idk

That being said, Velocicoaster is a top tier coaster, it blew me away.

We honestly have some really great coasters here in FL that people come from all over the world to see
Niles said that his China TPI audience has increased to the point they're now number three, behind only the US and UK. Canada slipped to #4. He said the China votes won it for Best Show. ....VC did great in the voting. It won on the first vote for new attraction, receiving the 'majority of all votes'. So there was just the one round vote for VC.

Last edited:
I question all the results of those awards, given that TPI's readership apparently placed Magic Kingdom in 7th place among theme parks overall, behind USF and Epcot, which... seems pretty ridiculous to me!

I question all the results of those awards, given that TPI's readership apparently placed Magic Kingdom in 7th place among theme parks overall, behind USF and Epcot, which... seems pretty ridiculous to me!
Disneyland did well though. It and IOA received the majority of votes and they did a runoff between the two. For some reason, MK rarely does well in any of these Best Park votes. Disneyland , with so many more rides in a similar setting, seems to usually get the majority of 'Disney Castle' park votes. I'm guessing MK vote totals suffer since there's so many 'Castle Parks' out there that divide the votes. And, Disney Sea, not being a Castle park, has won this award often in the past. But not having many new attractions (until this next coming expansion) for a good while probably hurt their vote.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95

Hot take, but If you are an adult, don't have kids, and aren't nostalgic, MK really isn't all that. If you aren't into slow moving dark and boat rides, it's kind of a bad park.

Reactions: tielo and JoeCamel
Hot take, but If you are an adult, don't have kids, and aren't nostalgic, MK really isn't all that. If you aren't into slow moving dark and boat rides, it's kind of a bad park.
I burned out on it shortly before they put princess everywhere. I can go and have a good time doing old rides but if I had one day to spend it wouldn't be there. I'm an old guy touring alone

A park can never have too many dark rides.

But sure, if all anyone cares about are the hot new thrills and mega-coasters, then yeah, MK will underwhelm.

Reactions: therock

I don't know if this really holds true anymore. That site has taken a big-leaning towards Universal amongst users over the past few years.

I don't know if this really holds true anymore. That site has taken a big-leaning towards Universal amongst users over the past few years.
Just going by article comments. If there's a Disney story, it generally gets significantly many times the number of reader comments than the Universal stories. Generally, articles on Universal only receive a small handful of reader comments, if any.

But sure, if all anyone cares about are the hot new thrills and mega-coasters, then yeah, MK will underwhelm.
Just like a park can have too many screen/motion based rides, you can also have too many dark rides in respect to the amount of rides total in the park.

If MK had 40 rides and had the amount of dark rides it currently has that would be a nice %. But with the park only having 23 rides and around 10 or so being dark/boat rides, three being spinners, another being the carousel, the room left for rides that offer anything geared towards teens/adults is minimal. The diversity of Disneyland is part of what makes it so great. MK doesn’t have that diversity.

The park needs to come into the 21st century and Tron will be nice, but I think a few screen based rides would be welcome.

We did the after party a few weeks ago. Short lines everywhere. Walk-ons most rides. Rode most of everything. The teens were bored to death. If we had to wait in lines for those rides, they may have revolted. "Classics" like HM, IaSW, Peter Pan, etc, are just boring. SM is rough. I get that its a "kids park", but I have trouble believing today's kids who are growing up on ipads are going to be impressed by those rides. Across the board, almost all of the rides need updated. The place badly needs expanded as well. It could use trice the rides with the crowds they get. I can't imagine going back there during the day unless I end up with grandkids some day.

If omnimover dark rides with 1970's tech are your thing, more power to you. I just don't get it.

We did the after party a few weeks ago. Short lines everywhere. Walk-ons most rides. Rode most of everything. The teens were bored to death. If we had to wait in lines for those rides, they may have revolted. "Classics" like HM, IaSW, Peter Pan, etc, are just boring. SM is rough. I get that its a "kids park", but I have trouble believing today's kids who are growing up on ipads are going to be impressed by those rides. Across the board, almost all of the rides need updated. The place badly needs expanded as well. It could use trice the rides with the crowds they get. I can't imagine going back there during the day unless I end up with grandkids some day.

If omnimover dark rides with 1970's tech are your thing, more power to you. I just don't get it.

There has to be balance. I adore Haunted Mansion as much as the next person.

And unfortunately, judging by the GP's reaction to SLoP, I don't think the public likes classic slow moving dark rides anymore unless there's already a built-in nostalgia.

Last edited:
Just like a park can have too many screen/motion based rides, you can also have too many dark rides in respect to the amount of rides total in the park.

If MK had 40 rides and had the amount of dark rides it currently has that would be a nice %. But with the park only having 23 rides and around 10 or so being dark/boat rides, three being spinners, another being the carousel, the room left for rides that offer anything geared towards teens/adults is minimal. The diversity of Disneyland is part of what makes it so great. MK doesn’t have that diversity.

The park needs to come into the 21st century and Tron will be nice, but I think a few screen based rides would be welcome.

You have made your feelings about what rides you enjoy very clear and I understand them. Dark rides with plenty of AAs are amazing but I like them all. I even was amused with Narnia and the Legend of JS but it really needs updating IMO. Been skating on pixie dust for 15+ years I felt. I don't know if it can be salvaged or if it will decline into dust, either way it is not where I would choose to spend my time or money any longer based on the price vs offerings equation

eta: wow, that is stilted

Reactions: Coasted