Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

Slowly working my way through the photos and videos whilst feeling very jealous of everyone, but I'm so glad to see the incredible reactions to this. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but this just screams 'Islands of Adventure' to me. Something about the scale, the kinetic energy, the music, the ambition, the style of theming -- it has the atmosphere which I only feel at IOA and it's so unique.

Hope everyone who gets on it during softs has a great time.

It’s not that serious dude. Let people enjoy things however they want to enjoy them
To some people it is though. It's been seeming like unless you've ridden Steel Vengeance you're not allowed to form an opinion on anything, or they'll let you form an opinion but then trash you as "GP" on Reddit. These people need to realize that not everyone is fortunate enough to have travelled to enough theme parks to have a large coaster count.

From the other thread, re: credentials/gatekeeping;
Coaster Studios, one of the most prominent "thoosie" channels online says it's "definitely" in his all time top 25, possibly in his top 10.
Even Robb Alvey--one of if not Universal's harshest critics--gave a glowing review.

From the other thread, re: credentials/gatekeeping;
Coaster Studios, one of the most prominent "thoosie" channels online says it's "definitely" in his all time top 25, possibly in his top 10.
Even Robb Alvey--one of if not Universal's harshest critics--gave a glowing review.
You're entirely misunderstanding the whole issue people are having with gatekeeping. Nobody's saying the people that have ridden 500 coasters are wrong. What's wrong is the incessant need for people to instantly question what rides someone has been on. Literally the first response on this board to one of the first publicly posted reviews of this roller coaster is essentially, "Hmm, what coasters has that person been on to form that opinion?" and that's what people take issue with. It does nothing for the discourse, at all.

Love that channel. I know he's been all over the world so that's saying something!

There's a few channels who I'm eager to hear reviews from in the coming weeks

Love seeing IOA get all the love it deserves

Also thoosie sounds like something sleezy

Crossing my fingers the wait times don’t get out of control. I couldn’t even get on Hagrids in 2019 when I was down for a week. I’ll be back down this summer. I’m gonna hold out hope for Express as well.

I’m waiting in line now for my first night ride and was noticing that a lot of the trains have the lights partially working or not at all, I’ve only seen one train with the lights working fully. Hopefully they get them fixed before grand opening, and i hope it’s not a lingering issue.

I don't recall seeing it posted anywhere, but when I went for round 2 yesterday, at least three trains were operating rather than the usual two.

Yesterday was four I believe.
Definitely wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, but awesome to hear. I was waiting for my train to enter the station and had one train behind me & could see the train in front of me leave the station as we pulled in. Didn't stick around to try to confirm an exact number though. Either way, they were running incredibly smoothly yesterday with the increased load while I was there. I'm impressed.

Has it rolled back with passengers yet?

If we're talking about life goals, a rollback on Velocicoaster is definitely high on the list

Sapphire just had some great AP rates for June, even less than CBBR, though some week's rooms disappeared within a few hours. So, I took a stab and booked a short 7 day vacation for June 12-19. Though not a coaster
fanatic, we're looking forward to riding this. Alene will try a thrill coaster as long as it has a smooth ride, and by most accounts this seems very thrilling but smooth. Love the theming. Aventura is really cheap for AP's right now,
if anyone is looking for something on the main campus, at a good price. But that's the only Universal hotel I don't particularly care for since it lacks the 'resort' feel. More like a business hotel, although the rooftop bar is excellent.

Sapphire just had some great AP rates for June, even less than CBBR, though some week's rooms disappeared within a few hours. So, I took a stab and booked a short 7 day vacation for June 12-19. Though not a coaster
fanatic, we're looking forward to riding this. Alene will try a thrill coaster as long as it has a smooth ride, and by most accounts this seems very thrilling but smooth. Love the theming. Aventura is really cheap for AP's right now,
if anyone is looking for something on the main campus, at a good price. But that's the only Universal hotel I don't particularly care for since it lacks the 'resort' feel. More like a business hotel, although the rooftop bar is excellent.

We will now see a new battle royal: Mad Dog vs Mad Coaster. I hope that you have a great trip. I'm sure that it will feel good to get away.

We will now see a new battle royal: Mad Dog vs Mad Coaster. I hope that you have a great trip. I'm sure that it will feel good to get away.
Yes, we were getting Orlando theme park denial syndrome really bad. This is spur of the moment for sure. Normally I wouldn't go to Florida in June, but the combination of
inexpensive for summer season hotel resort, gradual relaxation of the covid stuff, being fully vaccinated, two new attractions (VC & Bourne), and most of all theme park withdrawal
symptoms, conspired. Alene screamed for happiness when I called her at work to see if she could get the week off at short notice. This is a fairly short Orlando trip for us, but I have
a longer one for the Holiday season in November. Waiting for AP rates on that one. The Sapphire discount was larger percentage wise than the usual AP discounts, so that was a lure.
And we really like Sapphire as non Express hotels go.....and...we've had a two week really cold for the season cycle, so the thought of heat is alluring. Frost advisory here tonight...............
Velocicoaster...here we come. That should boil the blood. :lol:

Last edited: