Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

Yes, we were getting Orlando theme park denial syndrome really bad. This is spur of the moment for sure. Normally I wouldn't go to Florida in June, but the combination of
inexpensive for summer season hotel resort, gradual relaxation of the covid stuff, being fully vaccinated, two new attractions (VC & Bourne), and most of all theme park withdrawal
symptoms, conspired. Alene screamed for happiness when I called her at work to see if she could get the week off at short notice. This is a fairly short Orlando trip for us, but I have
a longer one for the Holiday season in November. Waiting for AP rates on that one. The Sapphire discount was larger percentage wise than the usual AP discounts, so that was a lure.
And we really like Sapphire as non Express hotels go.....and...we've had a two week really cold for the season cycle, so the thought of heat is alluring. Frost advisory here tonight...............
Velocicoaster...here we come. That should boil the blood. :lol:

Right? We started to warm up nicely and then cool weather returned for the last two weeks. I've really had a bad attitude towards Mother Nature. And yes, a chance of frost tonight.

The raptors AAs in the queue look awesome however I'm struggling to see how it makes sense thematically. These are supposed to be real living animals and I can't see how they would be allowed to be kept in those restraints in reality.

The raptors AAs in the queue look awesome however I'm struggling to see how it makes sense thematically. These are supposed to be real living animals and I can't see how they would be allowed to be kept in those restraints in reality.
What? You have seen the movie, right? These muzzles are from the movie.

Dr. Wu explains that these are used for administering medicine, checking vitals and other medical reasons after every run to make sure the raptors are healthy. The muzzle is for their and the paleoveterinarian’s safety.

Also, this is a fictional scenario and they’re robot dinosaurs.

What? You have seen the movie, right? These muzzles are from the movie.

Dr. Wu explains that these are used for administering medicine, checking vitals and other medical reasons after every run to make sure the raptors are healthy. The muzzle is for their and the paleoveterinarian’s safety.

Also, this is a fictional scenario and they’re robot dinosaurs.
Fair enough if it is mentioned in the queue, And I know they aren't real but in the world of ride they are real.
If we are going to play the "it's not actually real" card, then what's the point of theming in the first place?

Fair enough if it is mentioned in the queue, And I know they aren't real but in the world of ride they are real.
If we are going to play the "it's not actually real" card, then what's the point of theming in the first place?

Well, Jurassic Park/World/INGEN is an ethically sketchy operation. Kinda part of the experience. XS Tech also comes to mind.

Well, Jurassic Park/World/INGEN is an ethically sketchy operation. Kinda part of the experience. XS Tech also comes to mind.
Good point, like i said they look awesome and probably the best way to do a raptor AA, thanks for clearing up the reasoning and the design of them definitely shows the shady side of INGEN haha

1620798085997.jpeg
Animals are often muzzled and restrained for medical procedures. They’re typically cloth muzzles (and the animals are tranquilized). Conceptually, what you’re seeing in the queue is 100% legitimate.

View attachment 14527
Animals are often muzzled and restrained for medical procedures. They’re typically cloth muzzles (and the animals are tranquilized). Conceptually, what you’re seeing in the queue is 100% legitimate.
I think it was just the restraints on the head that allow no movement which would be horrible to experience.
#freethefakeraptors haha

Just a thought: with that line at the end of the ride, are we to assume Owen is gonna replace that unknown homeboy who’s currently on the monitors in River Adventure’s finale?

Just a thought: with that line at the end of the ride, are we to assume Owen is gonna replace that unknown homeboy who’s currently on the monitors in River Adventure’s finale?
I mean, it's probably to be expected due to corporate synergy. Put your stars in the ride, etc. I personally don't think it makes any sense at all. In Jurassic World, Owen isn't in a guest-facing position- merely a contractor hired to work specifically with the raptors. He's not like Muldoon from the first movie in the sense that he's overseeing everything as the park warden. Jurassic World has a whole Asset Containment Unit that should be handling things(we all know how well that always goes). But it makes sense financially to put the face of your franchise in the rides, so they can blur the thematic lines should they choose.

I mean, it's probably to be expected due to corporate synergy. Put your stars in the ride, etc. I personally don't think it makes any sense at all. In Jurassic World, Owen isn't in a guest-facing position- merely a contractor hired to work specifically with the raptors. He's not like Muldoon from the first movie in the sense that he's overseeing everything as the park warden. Jurassic World has a whole Asset Containment Unit that should be handling things(we all know how well that always goes). But it makes sense financially to put the face of your franchise in the rides, so they can blur the thematic lines should they choose.
Owen appears on the monitors on Jurassic World: The Ride in Hollywood because he is actively trying to save your life... similar to the flying reptiles scene on Main Street in the Jurassic World film. His raptors are loose in the area and he's attempting to warn you since you're heading towards them.

Personally, I think they've handled how Owen, and Claire, appear in the attractions pretty well thus far. Owen is being interviewed about the raptors in the preshow video in Hollywood, and they talk about his expertise and pretty much act like this is unusual and he doesn't normally do things like this. And in the VelociCoaster, same thing, but here Owen even comments about how Claire has "come down from the board room to check on her latest scheme," hinting that she normally isn't guest facing herself.

If, and I do mean IF, they were to incorporate JW characters into the River Adventure ride in Orlando, I am sure it would be done with just as much care and intention as the prior two JW attractions.

Yes, we were getting Orlando theme park denial syndrome really bad. This is spur of the moment for sure. Normally I wouldn't go to Florida in June, but the combination of
inexpensive for summer season hotel resort, gradual relaxation of the covid stuff, being fully vaccinated, two new attractions (VC & Bourne), and most of all theme park withdrawal
symptoms, conspired. Alene screamed for happiness when I called her at work to see if she could get the week off at short notice. This is a fairly short Orlando trip for us, but I have
a longer one for the Holiday season in November. Waiting for AP rates on that one. The Sapphire discount was larger percentage wise than the usual AP discounts, so that was a lure.
And we really like Sapphire as non Express hotels go.....and...we've had a two week really cold for the season cycle, so the thought of heat is alluring. Frost advisory here tonight...............
Velocicoaster...here we come. That should boil the blood. :lol:
We just got back from a 12 day trip this morning and were very happy to miss this Pittsburgh weather. It was our first time on Bourne, F&F, Hagrids, and VC.

Bourne in particular was way better than I expected even though I saw good reviews on here. It even had my wife asking questions how they did stuff when she usually doesn't get interested. That was probably our biggest sleeper hit.

I also thought she'd be scared on Hagrids during the backwards/drop section(that I didn't warn her about) but she loved that too. She likes it more than the Mummy now.

You should start thinking about dining reservations now like you're going to Disney. We had a lot of trouble getting tables in CityWalk at the beginning of the trip until someone told us to use the UOR website and not the phone number (or app since you can't reserve in there)

The first 5 days or so we were walking around to restaurants as they opened or sitting on hold for 2 hours a day with the 407 phone number trying to make reservations. I was getting mad clicking all through the app looking for a place to do it and finally someone at Mythos told us to just use this planning page:

Last edited:
The first 5 days or so we were walking around to restaurants as they opened or sitting on hold for 2 hours a day with the 407 phone number trying to make reservations. I was getting mad clicking all through the app looking for a place to do it and finally someone at Mythos told us to just use this planning page:

We're leaving Sunday for a trip (if there's enough gas), so thanks for that!

Were you having a hard time at lunches or dinners? And early or late ones? I have not made reservations but may go early or something if that helps.

We're leaving Sunday for a trip (if there's enough gas), so thanks for that!

Were you having a hard time at lunches or dinners? And early or late ones? I have not made reservations but may go early or something if that helps.
All meals. In the past we never made reservations and just walked up a little before or after a normal meal time and never had an issue.

Apparently with COVID and the reduced tables or something it has made the demand ridiculous. The one day we went to Pat O'briens thinking it would be in the upper area and be empty and they told us they had no walk in slots for that day or the next. And then they are only open for a partial week on top of that.

I think if you look now for your trip or even 2 days out you'll be good. Toothsome was booked for the remainder of our trip when we started to check times but we were able to easily get Cowfish and NBC within 2 hours of when we wanted just the day before.

Jimmy's and Hard Rock we got the exact time we wanted the day before. I think Vivo was booked for like a 5 hour block around what we wanted each time we looked.

Have fun! Hope you got your Tupperware totes full of gas to make it haha!