Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
but not a die hard park/coaster "fan"
Throws me off. A lot of people in fla have not made it out of fla to experience the great world of coasters. If i must interject myself into this, I think mummy is one of the best coasters I have been on but i say ONE OF and that is due to several factors. Which is why I am skeptical when someone always say X newest coaster is the best they have been on. Not to discount them but I would like to peek into their track record to gauge how I may feel approaching the coaster, if not for nothing.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
My friend has been on all the coasters in Central Florida, maybe a few in Texas since he's from there. He's a Disney CM and Universal TM, so he knows attractions but isn't someone who is a die hard coaster nut like most of the people on here. Like I said this is probably as close to a GP review as I have seen.

Wait til he rides Iron Gwazi when it opens up in 2025.
My friend has been on all the coasters in Central Florida, maybe a few in Texas since he's from there. He's a Disney CM and Universal TM, so he knows attractions but isn't someone who is a die hard coaster nut like most of the people on here. Like I said this is probably as close to a GP review as I have seen.

Well, if that means it's better than Montu and Mako (my two current FL favorites), I'll take!

A friend of mine just rode. He's a Universal TM, but not a die hard park/coaster "fan".
His reaction I would say is pretty much what a GP reaction would be and he said:

"best roller-coaster I have ever been on..."

I’d like a list of all the coasters he’s been on, please! :lol:

I can see this being the best coaster in Orlando. Ultimately, it comes down to what you like in a coaster. I don’t think anything can top the exhilaration of Top Thrill Dragster’s launch or Fury 325’s airtime for me.

I’d like a list of all the coasters he’s been on, please! :lol:

I can see this being the best coaster in Orlando. Ultimately, it comes down to what you like in a coaster. I don’t think anything can top the exhilaration of Top Thrill Dragster’s launch or Fury 325’s airtime for me.

Its all relative, yes. I just hope the discussions around the ride don’t become a “well actually” of coaster fans because, as you say, it’s all based on preferences and what one had been on.

(Example: Hypersonic XLC had a more exhilarating launch than TTD, Steel Vengeance more airtime and fun than F325 ;) )

Its all relative, yes. I just hope the discussions around the ride don’t become a “well actually” of coaster fans because, as you say, it’s all based on preferences and what one had been on.

(Example: Hypersonic XLC had a more exhilarating launch than TTD, Steel Vengeance more airtime and fun than F325 ;) )

Lol these examples are too funny. Well done! :thumbsup:

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Someone: "This is the best coaster I've ever ridden"

This thread: "BUT THAT MIGHT NOT ACTUALLY MEAN ANYTHING HOW MANY COASTERS HAS HE RIDDEN"

Never change, IU. Lol.

I'm not a coaster guy so sadly I will likely never ride this. I'm so glad to see everyone loving it though.

Never change, IU. Lol.
It's unfair to say it's an IU thing when it's more indicative of the rollercoaster 'thoosie' community as a whole. The constant credit-checking and stat shaming has surpassed cringeworthy levels. Does someone really need to know who Anton Schwarzkopf is or have been on 300 coasters to make an opinion? Definitely not.

If someone's background is experience in Central FL coasters, and they think Velocicoaster is the best they've ever been on, then I think they should be taken seriously. Between Tampa and Orlando, the breadth of coaster experiences rank pretty high in terms of quality of ride. What I'm getting at is: if someone is experienced in riding something like Montu, and they think VC is better, then believe them.

Someone: "This is the best coaster I've ever ridden"

This thread: "BUT THAT MIGHT NOT ACTUALLY MEAN ANYTHING HOW MANY COASTERS HAS HE RIDDEN"

Never change, IU. Lol.

I'm not a coaster guy so sadly I will likely never ride this. I'm so glad to see everyone loving it though.
Eh. I don’t think that’s what people were saying. I think it’s fair to get a gauge on people’s experience to calibrate expectations. I’d wager a guess most people riding the ride the past few days have never ridden a coaster outside of Orlando. No ones saying they can’t or should t say it’s the best/most intense/etc coaster they’ve ever been on. Just that in a broader sense that doesn’t mean much if they’ve only ridden stuff in Orlando.

I have no doubt this will be a great coaster and overall attraction. Could use some more AAs though! :eek:O:

Joking aside, I do think there will be some hyperbolic reactions to this attraction. With everyone coming out of a pandemic and influencers craving content (already saw one YouTuber saying this attraction will CHANGE COASTERS FOREVER!!...before it even opened for testing), the raptor hype train is about to be in full swi-...launch!