Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Eh. I don’t think that’s what people were saying. I think it’s fair to get a gauge on people’s experience to calibrate expectations. I’d wager a guess most people riding the ride the past few days have never ridden a coaster outside of Orlando. No ones saying they can’t or should t say it’s the best/most intense/etc coaster they’ve ever been on. Just that in a broader sense that doesn’t mean much if they’ve only ridden stuff in Orlando.
Go back to Cedar Point, Gatekeeper

I'm curious to see how this compares to Steel Vengeance. I'm not sure that it will, because Steel Vengeance is literally a religious experience.

I can say that this will, without riding it mind you, probably be the best coaster in Orlando (sorry Mako)

Agree on Mako being the best coaster in Orlando...for now (back row airtime FTW). I was thinking this might be closer to Maverick, but we’ll see!

Agree on Mako being the best coaster in Orlando...for now (back row airtime FTW). I was thinking this might be closer to Maverick, but we’ll see!
Ah yes, I forgot about Maverick

I have yet to ride anything overseas, but it will be interesting to see how Intamin has evolved from Maverick to Velocicoaster

Reactions: JawsVictim
I will gladly take “better than Mako and Montu!”

Re: “gateway to coaster fandom,” DD was obviously what got me into “bigger” coasters. But you’ll be hard pressed to find B&M inverts (or any B&M sans Fury and maybe Mako) in most enthusiast top tens. Similarly, I adore BGT’s coaster lineup but I know that many enthusiasts have said they do not consider BGT “elite” without IG. What I’m trying to say is it’s all relative. I *would* like to hear from people who have been on more than just “story coasters” (Everest, Hagrid’s), at the same time I’m hoping VC can create new enthusiasts, while still appealing to old ones.

Last edited:
Here to do a thing.

20210430-125951.jpg

My comment was mainly in jest - I know this isn't limited to IU. Gatekeeping exists everywhere (have you been on reddit?).

Think they'll let you go through the queue and then go out the exit?

My comment was mainly in jest - I know this isn't limited to IU. Gatekeeping exists everywhere (have you been on reddit?).

Think they'll let you go through the queue and then go out the exit?
I find it so fitting that Cedar Point has a B&M called GateKeeper. Also does anyone know if POVs will be allowed for the passholders? I'm not going to Florida anytime soon so I'm planning on watching one.

• Haha
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Only 3 more days until I get to ride :grin: I hope re-rides are allowed for the passholder previews, but I'm not expecting that to be the case.