Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Reviews, Photos, & Media | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Reviews, Photos, & Media

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This was the most intense coaster I've ever been on yet. Everything happened so fast. I got off the ride and was thinking, what did I just go on?? In a good way! Lol. (The extent of my coaster experiences are the ones in FL and BGW, so take this with a grain of salt - I'm more of a Cheetah Hunt and Hagrid's person - my 2 favorite Intamins).

I felt a tiny bit ill afterwards (FWIW, I took Bonine at least 3 hours before and have less tolerance for thrill rides as I get older). Not dizzy, but my stomach felt a bit off - but it gradually passed. The ride tosses and turns a lot, esp. in the first half. The top hat was fun and thrilling. The second half felt like a lot of round and round (the part that goes around the JP crossover bridge). And that Mosasaurus roll was really cool.

Queue? So awesome.

Another small tip: as more people are going to ride this going into the summer, just remember to hydrate well before & after, as heat-related illness + motion sickness makes for a poor combo (for those who are prone to it).

It is worth the hype.

EDIT: I was in row 6.

Last edited:
The first 2 elements felt nothing like I thought they would. Admittedly I was in the best seat in the house (last row, right seat). In the first element, half way through the expected floater airtime, there in an intense pulling down sensation into the rock tunnel.

For the past week I have remained mum on the static figure/too fast to see AA movement dedate. I was like, "theoretically'. But was afraid after watching testing videos that we may not actually be zooming by the static figures. No worries, you do zoom by them so fast I only saw 2 of them and I know where they are.

I have ridden a lot of roller coasters and this is in the top 5 for me.

And more importantly, Universal actually pulled of the impossible by building a naked steel mega E Ticket coaster attraction.

The first 2 elements felt nothing like I thought they would. Admittedly I was in the best seat in the house (last row, right seat). In the first element, half way through the expected floater airtime, there in an intense pulling down sensation into the rock tunnel.

For the past week I have remained mum on the static figure/too fast to see AA movement dedate. I was like, "theoretically'. But was afraid after watching testing videos that we may not actually be zooming by the static figures. No worries, you do zoom by them so fast I only saw 2 of them and I know where they are.

I have ridden a lot of roller coasters and this is in the top 5 for me.

And more importantly, Universal actually pulled of the impossible by building a naked steel mega E Ticket coaster attraction.
They have evolved...
Nice review

So. This thing HAULS ASS. And you will *feel* it well after you get off. Easily the best coaster in Florida by a mile. If Iron Gwazi is anywhere near as good, we’ve got ourselves two winners.

The locker situation, however, is gonna be a big problem going forward. And the Discovery Center wasn’t designed to be what is virtually the exit of the attraction. There’s enough people in there as-is, this is only going to add to the congestion if they continue this.

I really don’t think I have anything negative to say except at the first launch, only those in the front can see the Raptor running.

@Disneyhead and @Nick were you able to plant your feet on the floor of the car? I've read that most people will dangle. I like loose fitting shoes, but will lace them up for inverted coasters. :grin:

My feet were easily 6 inches from the floor. The restraints were very comfortable and the seats are roomy.
Agreed. Seats are definitely comfortable and feet dangle quite a bit. The only thing I have to warn people about is making sure take whatever is in your back packet out, even if its small. I forgot I had something in my back pocket (so didn't put it in a locker) and almost lost it near the end of the ride because there's a not insignificant opening in the seat design toward the bottom corners.

So. This thing HAULS ASS. And you will *feel* it well after you get off. Easily the best coaster in Florida by a mile. If Iron Gwazi is anywhere near as good, we’ve got ourselves two winners.

The locker situation, however, is gonna be a big problem going forward. And the Discovery Center wasn’t designed to be what is virtually the exit of the attraction. There’s enough people in there as-is, this is only going to add to the congestion if they continue this.

I really don’t think I have anything negative to say except at the first launch, only those in the front can see the Raptor running.

Can you explain the locker/exit thing a little more? So the ride exits through the discovery center? I know the big lockers are down there but I thought the little lockers were in the queue? If you don’t need the big lockers do you still have to exit through discovery center?

Can you explain the locker/exit thing a little more? So the ride exits through the discovery center? I know the big lockers are down there but I thought the little lockers were in the queue? If you don’t need the big lockers do you still have to exit through discovery center?
So we went into the locker thing more in the general thread. The more I thought about it and heard other opinions, I think it may actually be a great idea, it's just all about the execution on the ops side.

As far as exiting - Technically, you don't come directly into the Discovery Center, but after leaving the building and passing by a kiosk which looks to be for on-ride photographs, the path only leads into Discover Center as of now. It's possible they could change this, especially because it was a preview so things may be different when live, but that's what they were doing for us.

So we went into the locker thing more in the general thread. The more I thought about it and heard other opinions, I think it may actually be a great idea, it's just all about the execution on the ops side.

As far as exiting - Technically, you don't come directly into the Discovery Center, but after leaving the building and passing by a kiosk which looks to be for on-ride photographs, the path only leads into Discover Center as of now. It's possible they could change this, especially because it was a preview so things may be different when live, but that's what they were doing for us.

Has to be just for previews. No way they funnel all those people into the discovery center with the only way out being going upstairs. Has to be temporary.

Has to be just for previews. No way they funnel all those people into the discovery center with the only way out being going upstairs. Has to be temporary.
I believe it likely will be, but here's the thing - it may not be an "official" exit, but a lot of guests getting off the ride are either gonna (to Universal's delight) go in there to buy lunch, or AP's will take it as a short cut out if they are headed towards Kong/Toon/Marvel. Or tourists who are lost will end up in there inevitably, too.

I think ops can handle this. On all three of my Hagrid rides, the locker rooms flowed. And they were not designed to. At all.

I am worried about my chill time in the Discovery Center and asking about "our raptor" that we got to name and they always seem to have up-to-the-minute-reports on.

I believe it likely will be, but here's the thing - it may not be an "official" exit, but a lot of guests getting off the ride are either gonna (to Universal's delight) go in there to buy lunch, or AP's will take it as a short cut out if they are headed towards Kong/Toon/Marvel. Or tourists who are lost will end up in there inevitably, too.

I just watched a TM’s ride review video on YouTube. He was filming in discovery center after the ride. Looks like the whole lower level is now the gift shop for velocicoaster which makes me wonder if the the nursery and other kids won’t open back up? I guess it’s cool though that more people will see the visitors center now.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I just watched a TM’s ride review video on YouTube. He was filming in discovery center after the ride. Looks like the whole lower level is now the gift shop for velocicoaster which makes me wonder if the the nursery and other kids won’t open back up? I guess it’s cool though that more people will see the visitors center now.
The store at present seems extremely temporary. Like,, all merch on rolling stands so they could probably go from store to no store in a matter of minutes.