Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Reviews, Photos, & Media | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Reviews, Photos, & Media

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Of course Theme park shark gets an illegal POV. That dude is so thirsty on getting likes and views. How is this different than behind the wall pics.

edit: I was being extra snarky today. My bad. I know TPS works hard for his content. Inevitably a POV was going to get done.
POV! :freak:

Last edited:
TP Shark might get in some hot water for posting that POV. Especially after all the measures Universal took to prevent anyone from filming this attraction. He might end up getting a ban over this.

I was in the front row of the 2nd train dispatched for the day! Absolutely breathtaking experience! The queue is amazing, the locker situation worked well, but I could see how it can be confusing for some guests. Remember what number station you put your belongings in!

As far as the ride goes, every element performs. The pacing is brilliant and the launches are forceful. Easily best coaster in FL at the moment. I can't wait until June 10th to get back on it!

I rode second to last row-- wow. Super intense and never lets up start to finish. This is going to be a favorite for coaster lovers, but I'm afraid the intensity will be too much for some riders.

Sure is pretty from the overflow queue are though:

I think they were only running two trains this afternoon when I rode because there were big gaps despite quick dispatches.

I cannot believe how great this ride is! I got to ride it today with the family and they all said it might be their favorite coaster of the park (though we’re waiting to see if there’s any recency bias there lol). I can say with some certainty though that this coaster will be in my top 3 for years to come. The velociraptor animatronics in the queue were super detailed, you love to see it lol. Can’t wait to ride this again!

Attachments

• 74E25F30-BB5A-42DE-A9F9-DA1928FDF7DD.jpeg
    74E25F30-BB5A-42DE-A9F9-DA1928FDF7DD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
I believe I have been on my fair share of coasters. Cedar Point (but around 10 years ago) Magic Mountain and a few six flags (not all where six flags back then) in the mid 80's. I dug wood as that was the material when I was young -- so I recall when the Great American Scream Machine was they most incredible -- so six flags Atlanta.

When I was young, my favorite coaster (I am a Floridian) was the one at Circus World. So I have done the FL coasters.

This is Florida's best.

Such a great job on the queue, the pre-show.

I've been so impressed by sight lines with this beast. They've done an amazing job!

Since I am getting older, I figured I'd ride more to the front. We sat 4th row. The first two elements are rather fun, but wow...when that thing gets going for the top hat -- it is just pure power and joy that just does not let up. A lot of mis-direction. Blurs of dinosaurs -- but man, when they flip you upside down over the lake just for the flip of it -- it is like they just won't give up.vc3.jpgvc4.jpgvc6.jpgvc5.jpg

I heard a lot of WOWs from the train I was in. This is a hit!

Does anyone have details on the metal detector and queue portion after lockers but before boarding? I believe this is where the Bryce Dallas Howard and Chris Pratt videos play correct? I understand we can't have video of anything post-lockers due to the no loose articles policy but I haven't really read anything about what exactly happens in this portion of the queue in terms of character / story beats / theming.

Does anyone have details on the metal detector and queue portion after lockers but before boarding? I believe this is where the Bryce Dallas Howard and Chris Pratt videos play correct? I understand we can't have video of anything post-lockers due to the no loose articles policy but I haven't really read anything about what exactly happens in this portion of the queue in terms of character / story beats / theming.
Very little :lol:

Claire begins prepping us for the experience, Owen shows up and starts arguing how bad of an idea this is, etc. It's fun, but the story here is pretty barebones tbh which is probably why you haven't seen any in-depth writeups on it.

That's pretty much it after the lockers.

Reactions: SpatulaShack
Basically a split screen of Claire trying to be happy and corporate and Owen warning us we might die and this is a bad idea. I giggled a lot at the bickering between them. It’s really well done. Cheesy in the best way and so entertaining while also technically being a safety preshow! There’s only this one queue room with a giant screen before heading to load.

I’m still forming my thoughts, but my instinct is this is my new favorite roller coaster. My previous was Fire from Dueling Dragons. This will be my first stop every visit to IOA from now on. Ever since Dragon Challenge closed I haven’t had a first stop, and I didn’t realize how much I missed it until today. I cannot wait until it’s open all the time.

Now, I haven’t ridden anything Beyond Florida, but I’ll go on anything, including everything at BGT and SWO. I’m not coaster expert, but this one feels like a big coaster that’s accessible to the general public. It’s well themed, without compromising on thrills. And it’ll make you smile.

The ride was incredible. Made me glad I held onto my UOAPs even after moving out of Florida.

Only slight things I'm iffy on involve the queue and on-ride raptors. For the queue, it feels pretty short inside (and the entrance feels more like someone sliced off the entrance to the queue. and just had the switchbacks). Also, the lockers were a great concept with really iffy execution. Very disorienting getting through the space when inserting and removing items.

Only other nitpick is the fact that the rockwork and raptors were both gray, making them blend and hard to distinguish. I guess that is a little bit fo the thrill of the attraction though.

That said, those are only minor quibbles for an otherwise 9.5/10 attraction!