Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Reviews, Photos, & Media | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Reviews, Photos, & Media

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I knew 5 years ago that y’all would go cray cray over the Intamins but you’re flexing a little too hard with the rating scale thing. Is it a phenomenal ride? Absolutely. But if for anything else it should encourage *some of you* to step out of the Orlando bubble and experience other coasters. Especially if you like velocicoaster this much. You might be surprised what’s our there waiting for you. Just sayinnnnn’!

I knew 5 years ago that y’all would go cray cray over the Intamins but you’re flexing a little too hard with the rating scale thing. Is it a phenomenal ride? Absolutely. But if for anything else it should encourage *some of you* to step out of the Orlando bubble and experience other coasters. Especially if you like velocicoaster this much. You might be surprised what’s our there waiting for you. Just sayinnnnn’!
Don't you have a forceless layout to traverse, Gatekeeper?

It’s not that serious dude. Let people enjoy things however they want to enjoy them

It’s not that serious dude. Let people enjoy things however they want to enjoy them
To some people it is though. It's been seeming like unless you've ridden Steel Vengeance you're not allowed to form an opinion on anything, or they'll let you form an opinion but then trash you as "GP" on Reddit. These people need to realize that not everyone is fortunate enough to have travelled to enough theme parks to have a large coaster count.

Can we please just use this thread for it’s purpose “Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Reviews, Media & Photos” and not dive into this stupid conversation??

That was so unbelievably good - but my god is my body rocked :afraid:

EDIT UPDATE: I was terrified this would be too intense for me. I get nauseas on Hulk and Manta as a point of comparison. But this is so smooth that the intensity kind of balances out. Also front row is a must. PHENOMENAL!

Last edited:
I honestly think the best part of this ride is when you’re weaving in and out of all the rock work in the beginning, because they managed to take a pretty small area for that section and still make it smooth and interesting and just fun. And then when you get out and it launches you into the top hat...it’s just perfect. I’ll definitely need to ride it again soon though because after the top hat, my lanyard slipped out of my shirt and I had to hold onto it so it didn’t fall off haha. Really distracted me from the rest of the ride. It’s definitely in my top 3 rides at IoA and top 5 rides at Universal as a whole. (The Mummy is still my number 1, I have a special place in my heart for that ride). It’s also definitely my favorite coaster of all the ones I have ever ridden (excluding coasters that also have dark ride segments like Hagrids and Mummy, those two still beat Velocicoaster because I’m such a fanboy for theming)

Reactions: Mad Dog
Can we please just use this thread for it’s purpose “Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Reviews, Media & Photos” and not dive into this stupid conversation??

Benchmarking new rides against existing rides is how we review things. That’s how new restaurants get reviewed, it’s how hotels get reviewed, it’s how people formulate opinions. Guess you’ve never seen that giant banner hanging in front of mythos flaunting it’s best in the world awards?

To anybody that doesn’t think that’s stupid there are similar rides like Velocicoaster that exist outside of Orlando and I encourage you to try them!

Benchmarking new rides against existing rides is how we review things. That’s how new restaurants get reviewed, it’s how hotels get reviewed, it’s how people formulate opinions. Guess you’ve never seen that giant banner hanging in front of mythos flaunting it’s best in the world awards?

To anybody that doesn’t think that’s stupid there are similar rides like Velocicoaster that exist outside of Orlando and I encourage you to try them!
Except your post didn’t actually benchmark or review anything. It just trashed people who don’t do roller coaster tours.

I love how the other day I was like budgeting for a 2023 all out bangers trip, and now I’m like.... how about 10/23/21 instead lol. I haven’t read such positive reviews for anything since Hagrid’s!!!

Except your post didn’t actually benchmark or review anything. It just trashed people who don’t do roller coaster tours.

Exactly.

Genuinely being excited to introduce new rides to people is one thing, but having to toss in a “told you so” (and a sprinkle of “cray cray”) before doing that?? Come on now, nobody’s falling for that.

Last edited:
Given that the general sentiment since Gringotts has been Intamin = Unworthy/bad, I think my comments are entirely warranted. Put it this way... anybody that has been outside of the Florida bubble to experience true Intamin masterpieces knows exactly what I'm talking about. Universal (to their credit) took a chance on a manufacturer that is known for problems but gambled on an engineering firm that absolutely pushes the boundaries... and it really paid off here in dividends. Anybody that has ridden other Intamins north of Florida knows the potential/magnitude of a ride like VelociCoaster. The fact that they did this in Florida of all places is a complete game changer. BGT didn't do it with Cheetah Hunt when they certainly could have. You (Allison) are completely misinterpreting the point... which is that this park had the balls to go there when nobody else did. And the (predicable) fact that it's getting the reviews that it is should encourage the Orlando theme park community to venture outside of the bubble and check out other amazing rides within the Intamin portfolio. To my point, you should be going cray cray because it's an excellent coaster as much as it is an attraction, but at the same time its also a complete and total flex of the trade-off you get when you work with Intamin. They're the top of the totem pole.

And to be perfectly clear, you're about to get an encore with Iron Gwazi. I just don't think that the Central Florida theme park community realizes the magnitude of what's happening this year. It's something that has been in the making for 20+ years and it'd finally coming to fruition. This is huge. Don't you get it?

Given that the general sentiment since Gringotts has been Intamin = Unworthy/bad, I think my comments are entirely warranted. Put it this way... anybody that has been outside of the Florida bubble to experience true Intamin masterpieces knows exactly what I'm talking about. Universal (to their credit) took a chance on a manufacturer that is known for problems but gambled on an engineering firm that absolutely pushes the boundaries... and it really paid off here in dividends. Anybody that has ridden other Intamins north of Florida knows the potential/magnitude of a ride like VelociCoaster. The fact that they did this in Florida of all places is a complete game changer. BGT didn't do it with Cheetah Hunt when they certainly could have. You (Allison) are completely misinterpreting the point... which is that this park had the balls to go there when nobody else did. And the (predicable) fact that it's getting the reviews that it is should encourage the Orlando theme park community to venture outside of the bubble and check out other amazing rides within the Intamin portfolio. To my point, you should be going cray cray because it's an excellent coaster as much as it is an attraction, but at the same time its also a complete and total flex of the trade-off you get when you work with Intamin. They're the top of the totem pole.

And to be perfectly clear, you're about to get an encore with Iron Gwazi. I just don't think that the Central Florida theme park community realizes the magnitude of what's happening this year. It's something that has been in the making for 20+ years and it'd finally coming to fruition. This is huge. Don't you get it?

Given that your point has changed at least two times and counting, I'm not sure anyone is misinterpreting anything, and the continuing and increasingly targeted condescension is uncalled for.

This is a review thread. Can we please let people just review the ride? If they loved it, let them love it. If you have criticisms of it, fair enough. If you prefer other rollercoasters, Intamin or otherwise, that's fine - but the whole "I think you guys are overrating this, there are better coasters out there" routine isn't necessary. Even if you backpedal and attempt to amend your point to "well actually I'm just saying you should **expand your worldview** and enjoy other coasters that the true diehards know to experience," which, again, is not what this thread is about and, yes, comes off as gatekeeping.

Anyway: Reviews. Not critiques of reviews.

If anyone’s misinterpreting the point here, it’s you. You posted a holier than thou, know-it-all, condescending comment in a thread specifically for reviews, in which said comment had no review whatsoever, and the point said comment is so crystal clear we can see right through you. Backpedal all you want, but, my point still stands: talking down to people who just wanna share that they enjoyed a new ride, all because they haven’t been able to enjoy similar rides in other parts of the world, is elitist, gatekeeping, and generally speaking just plain rude.

It’s almost 4:00 AM EST and the secondhand embarrassment of *still* doing this back and forth with you is so mind-numbing, don’t you get it? Drop it, move on, let it go, get some sleep.

So... your point is that the Orlando theme park community—which is raised and conditioned to value storytelling, themed immersion, and aesthetic quality to such a degree that the harshest criticism they have is that something looks like it belongs a Six Flags—is going to suddenly start touring to various regional parks like Six Flags because of a highly themed coaster in Orlando?

You’re absolutely kidding yourself.

Most members of the theme park fandom don’t know or care about who builds what ride. And, if the do, they know that Intamin also built Hagrid’s. So they’ll understand the concept that a ride manufacturer is not a single ride. And if they’re the type who cares about experiencing other rides outside of Florida, they would already be doing it. It’s not like the information is secret. Parks literally market the stuff.

A lot of fans have been asking for an RMC, “something like Taron,” or a giga coaster because they can’t or don’t want to go to regional or foreign parks. VelociCoaster and Iron Gwazi won’t change those circumstances or opinions. It just gives them the opportunity to experience the type of ride they most likely wouldn’t experience otherwise. But, more importantly, it allows them to experience them within the themed environments that serve as their most basic standard.

Drop the condescending “cOaStEr NoObS” attitude. Unless you’re actually going to review the thing, nobody cares.