Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Reviews, Photos, & Media

My cousin just apparently arrived in Florida and I asked them about this and they go “You can see it from like every hotel, it’s menacing.”

This feels like the “Weenie” of this park, IOA always had pictures of Hulk growing up and still very often does, I suspect that changes. Anxious to hear their thoughts.

So... your point is that the Orlando theme park community—which is raised and conditioned to value storytelling, themed immersion, and aesthetic quality to such a degree that the harshest criticism they have is that something looks like it belongs a Six Flags—is going to suddenly start touring to various regional parks like Six Flags because of a highly themed coaster in Orlando?

You’re absolutely kidding yourself.

Most members of the theme park fandom don’t know or care about who builds what ride. And, if the do, they know that Intamin also built Hagrid’s. So they’ll understand the concept that a ride manufacturer is not a single ride. And if they’re the type who cares about experiencing other rides outside of Florida, they would already be doing it. It’s not like the information is secret. Parks literally market the stuff.

A lot of fans have been asking for an RMC, “something like Taron,” or a giga coaster because they can’t or don’t want to go to regional or foreign parks. VelociCoaster and Iron Gwazi won’t change those circumstances or opinions. It just gives them the opportunity to experience the type of ride they most likely wouldn’t experience otherwise. But, more importantly, it allows them to experience them within the themed environments that serve as their most basic standard.

Drop the condescending “cOaStEr NoObS” attitude. Unless you’re actually going to review the thing, nobody cares.

Tell me about it, I don't exactly have the time to go all the way up to Lake Eerie. Can't we just be thankful that we're getting two elite (by Panik's own admission) coasters (that are respectively similar in nature to what most consider to be CP's top two)?

That said, I'm sick of the "any big coaster=Six Flags quality!" mindset that some have.

Tell me about it, I don't exactly have the time to go all the way up to Lake Eerie. Can't we just be thankful that we're getting two elite (by Panik's own admission) coasters (that are respectively similar in nature to what most consider to be CP's top two)?

That said, I'm sick of the "any big coaster=Six Flags quality!" mindset that some have.
It’s a different discussion, but the “Six Flags/regional park” jab is appropriate across certain aspects of parks. With food, restaurants, merch, queues, and theming/dark rides there is a marked difference between “theme parks” and “amusement parks.”

Applying those standards to coasters though is inane gatekeeping, in either direction.

My cousin just apparently arrived in Florida and I asked them about this and they go “You can see it from like every hotel, it’s menacing.”

This feels like the “Weenie” of this park, IOA always had pictures of Hulk growing up and still very often does, I suspect that changes. Anxious to hear their thoughts.
Can confirm you can even see it from middle floors in Royal Pacific

Attachments

• 20210509_142904.jpg
    20210509_142904.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
So first time back since my one last row ride from previews. Did a front row ride followed by 3 back row rides. There is a noticable difference between the front and back with the front being overall tamer and getting more of a hangtime effect coming out of the first two inversions and over the top hat versus the whip and pull though all those elements from the back. So personally this is a back row ride for me as the intensity is what I love about this coaster.

They were running 4 trains today but were stacking the 3rd and 4th trains. They were running empty trains for like 15 mins while we were in the station this morning and they were watching the screens from the control booth and only dispatching the next train when the train before it cleared the tophat. With the time it takes to reach the first launch and go though the show scene it seems it should be able to dispatch faster. But maybe it was throwing errors when testing this morning but it seemed like they were running a little slow waiting for the train to clear the tophat before dispatch for the whole day.

Rode today (posted wait:60 Actual wait:25) ... OMG... now I have been on a lot of coasters (Even did a coaster tour around the country) and while this may not be the best, it certainly up there. Ejector air time at the weirdest moments. Unexpected twists. And holy moly that roll at the end! I spent half the time laughing because I got air time when I didn't expect it (especially in the first half) -- the only time I gripped was on the roll. Smooth too, intense without being uncomfortable, and just excellent pacing. Launches were incredibly smooth. Oh and my friend jumped back like 6 feet at the launch window in the queue when the raptors appeared LOL

Rode today (posted wait:60 Actual wait:25) ... OMG... now I have been on a lot of coasters (Even did a coaster tour around the country) and while this may not be the best, it certainly up there. Ejector air time at the weirdest moments. Unexpected twists. And holy moly that roll at the end! I spent half the time laughing because I got air time when I didn't expect it (especially in the first half) -- the only time I gripped was on the roll. Smooth too, intense without being uncomfortable, and just excellent pacing. Launches were incredibly smooth. Oh and my friend jumped back like 6 feet at the launch window in the queue when the raptors appeared LOL
What time of day did you go on? On Friday afternoon they posted 90 and it was 60

What time of day did you go on? On Friday afternoon they posted 90 and it was 60
We went on around 1:30pm. The park was oddly dead today - most rides has posted wait times of less than 15 minutes. I think they're padding VC just in case they have to stop for a period. The queue line moved really fast though. The 25 minutes was from the entrance under the sign through the whole indoor queue (with the 3 foot distancing which is practically nothing anyways so it was full)

Yeah, that's what I think is the greatest aspect of this coaster, it really takes you by surprise, as you can't quite predict the twists and ejections etc.

So ya’ll are probably gonna kill me for saying this but....I really wish those outdoor raptors had some movement. I know they go by in the blink of an eye, but it’s obvious they’re statues. Same feeling I got about the stormtroopers in Rise. Like you spent all this money to get this attraction to look top tier, you couldn’t make at least some of them have mild movement? I get this is outdoors so it’s more excusable. But just saying, like imagine if the yeti in Expedition Everest didn’t move...oh wait...

Still love the ride :clap:

Last edited:
So ya’ll are probably gonna kill me for saying this but....I really wish those outdoor raptors had some movement. I know they go by in the blink of an eye, but it’s obvious they’re statues. Same feeling I got about the storm troopers in Rise. Like you spent all this money to get this attraction to look top tier, you couldn’t make at least some of them have mild movement? I get this is outdoors so it’s more excusable. Like imagine if the yeti in Expedition Everest didn’t move...oh wait...

OMG BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU YOU TOXIC FA...

I actually agree with you

So ya’ll are probably gonna kill me for saying this but....I really wish those outdoor raptors had some movement. I know they go by in the blink of an eye, but it’s obvious they’re statues. Same feeling I got about the stormtroopers in Rise. Like you spent all this money to get this attraction to look top tier, you couldn’t make at least some of them have mild movement? I get this is outdoors so it’s more excusable. But just saying, like imagine if the yeti in Expedition Everest didn’t move...oh wait...

It’s literally my only note. Not even so much as a complaint, just would’ve been a way to plus it. And only Blue needs to move. Just her chomping once as we pass would help sell the other 3 in my opinion. But it’s not a big deal to me in the grand scheme of things.

not to mention they have AA’s outside one land over. Possibly that’s why they decided to keep them stationary. Even on Hagrid, you zip by a lot of the AA’s too fast to really catch them moving. UOR learned their lesson

not to mention they have AA’s outside one land over. Possibly that’s why they decided to keep them stationary. Even on Hagrid, you zip by a lot of the AA’s too fast to really catch them moving. UOR learned their lesson
Gotta disagree there. Imagine Hagrid if the skrewt and fluffy didn’t move. Not all of them have to move, but some do. Granted I know Velocicoaster is way faster but I think having one or two of the raptors chomp or slightly move towards the vehicle at that high speed would have been a hugeeeee addition to the experience and given the illusion of danger.

I think I feel slightly burned by it only because of how Owen spends 5 minutes yelling at us about how this is a terrible idea and how out of control they can be. To see them stationary after that is like “oh...”.