KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DreamWorks Animation Kingdom of Miscellaneous Characters

Featuring:
King Julian's Animal Actors
Shrek's Swamp Outhouse
Kung Fu Panda Express (restaurant?)
Trolls World Tour LIVE!

AND MORE!!

I mean yeah it seems kinda "whatever put them here" but Shrek is popular. People love the Noodles restaurant they do temporarily in USH. Do the Sing! live show with Trolls. Etc.

Shrek went into where the former Barney Gift Shop was?

Correct.

What Barney playground? There's only Curious George waterworks, Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster & Fievel's slide (unless that died already)

I mean yeah it seems kinda "whatever put them here" but Shrek is popular. People love the Noodles restaurant they do temporarily in USH. Do the Sing! live show with Trolls. Etc.
It's true. Mr Ping's Noodle Shop was always popular along with his photo-op. So disappointing neither returned for 2022 (but recurring apocalypse).

While Shrek is popular, they could easily vomit multiple DreamWorks IPs all over kidzone which would greatly refresh the area rather than just one singular IP. (unlike Minions taking over the entire entrance area)

The only section that raises a question when it comes to Kidzone is obviously ET, Storepants & the NOT-Krusty Krab

I feel like we're going to have a phase of time where everything at Studios is "super temporary" while we wait for a few pieces to fall into place

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans." - John Lennon, about KidZone, probably

We're five years out from the great SNW fake-out of 2017, and another 4 or so if we don't get anything before Epic.

Just bite the bullet, and think up an overarching theme (fake animation studio? movie theater? etc), link together some attractions, and boom you have a nice new land in your stalest park.

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans." - John Lennon, about KidZone, probably

We're five years out from the great SNW fake-out of 2017, and another 4 or so if we don't get anything before Epic.

Just bite the bullet, and think up an overarching theme (fake animation studio? movie theater? etc), link together some attractions, and boom you have a nice new land in your stalest park.
It seems the EU shuffle was really just involving SNW and HP

Personally I'm holding out for some Dreamworks mini lands in Kidzone

Reactions: Mad Dog and Jwhee
My ideas for Kidzone include:

1. Re-title Woody Woodpeckers Kidzone to Universal’s Kidzone.
2. Re-theme the woody coaster to Poos and Boots to coincide with the new movie.
3. Re-theme Barney’s backyard with a light Shrek theme. Wouldn’t be difficult to do since it’s already a forestry theme from Barney.
3. Re-theme Curious George with Madagascar.
4. Re-theme Fievels Playland with Madagascar’s penguins.
5. SpongeBob and E.T. can stay.

My ideas for Kidzone include:

1. Re-title Woody Woodpeckers Kidzone to Universal’s Kidzone.
2. Re-theme the woody coaster to Poos and Boots to coincide with the new movie.
3. Re-theme Barney’s backyard with a light Shrek theme. Wouldn’t be difficult to do since it’s already a forestry theme from Barney.
3. Re-theme Curious George with Madagascar.
4. Re-theme Fievels Playland with Madagascar’s penguins.
5. SpongeBob and E.T. can stay.
You know… putting an abridged version of the Shrek musical into the Barney theater could be a lot of fun. “Big, Bright, Beautiful World,” “Welcome to Duuloc,” “Travel Song,” “Donkey Pot Pie,” “Good Morning Song,” “Build A Wall,” “Beautiful World (Reprise),” and “I’m a Believer” could support a fun, 45-minute show with a fairly small cast. Throw some multi-media aspects, like a screen backdrop, and puppets… kids would LOVE it.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
You know… putting an abridged version of the Shrek musical into the Barney theater could be a lot of fun. “Big, Bright, Beautiful World,” “Welcome to Duuloc,” “Travel Song,” “Donkey Pot Pie,” “Good Morning Song,” “Build A Wall,” “Beautiful World (Reprise),” and “I’m a Believer” could support a fun, 45-minute show with a fairly small cast. Throw some multi-media aspects, like a screen backdrop, and puppets… kids would LOVE it.
Barney Theater is incredibly small though and the cost to put on the show would be really high when you consider how small of an audience they would be playing to.

Honestly keeping the Shrek ball rolling: There's more than enough space to do something that could put two mini-lands in, without touching back of house stuff for Animal Actors, or the Parade building. Especially with just the expansion plot.

You could even keep Nuthouse Coaster into the prospect, and retheme it to Enchanted Airways, leaving the area of Curious George to then be used for Puss in Boots. A lot can be done with the IP, and a lot can be done especially if it's done creatively.

1657942757148.png

Status
Not open for further replies.