KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Overview showing what will remain and what has been removed. As reported the Nuthouse coaster remains but the surrounding area is flattened for new play areas and theming. Curious George steel frames remain but all platforms, water features, and the ball factory are removed. I'm really happy with all the large trees they've been able to keep. This area is going to open looking really nice and shaded.

Love the shade. Disney missed the shade mark big time with Toy Story land....and somewhat with GESWL.

How about a Nintendo land with Mario & Donkey Kong? :lol: Just kidding, of course.....Thought I heard about that possibility in an old dream. I could swear they had construction walls up. And then there was a yelling match between the head of Creative and some Universal Executive. And then, the bad nightmare ended., and Barney, George and Woody were still there, smiling and grinning. ;)

Last edited:

Overview showing what will remain and what has been removed. As reported the Nuthouse coaster remains but the surrounding area is flattened for new play areas and theming. Curious George steel frames remain but all platforms, water features, and the ball factory are removed. I'm really happy with all the large trees they've been able to keep. This area is going to open looking really nice and shaded.

If you look to the far right, appears they never demolished the ball factory.

Will be interesting to see what it becomes.

Just a thought, but what if ET closes for a decent refurbishment towards the end of this project?

I assume they’re eventually going to do some work near the ET entrance to blend it into the new area. Maybe even a modified facade or something?

Even if there’s no major refurb to the ride, I think that ET will have to temporarily close at some point in order for them to complete the project

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Just a thought, but what if ET closes for a decent refurbishment towards the end of this project?

I assume they’re eventually going to do some work near the ET entrance to blend it into the new area. Maybe even a modified facade or something?

Even if there’s no major refurb to the ride, I think that ET will have to temporarily close at some point in order for them to complete the project
Honestly, if they just replaced all the AAs and added some projection mapping and new effects to the Green Planet - it would go a long way to make it feel fresh and new.

Status
Not open for further replies.