King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just for you, it's for everyone here who comes up with an idea and gets told, in not so many words, that they are an idiot for even thinking it because it's not logistical, good for marketing or *insert fancy word here*. You know what else didn't make sense a few years ago? Touch screen tablets, but I bet you guys have an iPad, don't you?

And I don't drink, so I'll take a Coke. :cheers:

Sent from my iPad. :thumbs:

You can try and misrepresent what we're saying all you want (apples and oranges here), it doesn't change the fact that there are huge legal, marketing, financial and practical obstacles and plenty of evidence to show that Universal has sided with Marvel. All I'm asking is you take the talk somewhere else so it doesn't get mixed in with the real, very possible projects.

What are the odds of them actually tearing down and/or building a completely new infrastructure on to the actual earthquake building?? I would hope they would completely gut that building and build something entirely new i.e. transformers.

Reactions: STL
What are the odds of them actually tearing down and/or building a completely new infrastructure on to the actual earthquake building?? I would hope they would completely gut that building and build something entirely new i.e. transformers.

I'd say very low. TF was a special situation in that they were cramming an existing ride in a decrepit old building. That just wouldn't have worked. But since this is a brand new experience, I think at worst they'll be gutting the inside of the building.

Not a big construction person but would guess it would be more cost effective to build a new building rather than renovate unless this will be more of an overlay

More than likely some pieces of EQ will be left behind as it would be considered a refurbishment on the structure rather than building a new structure...I believe in the state of FL you get big tax breaks for that sort of thing

^ Interesting that they didn't pull any of that stuff for Diagon. It was a clean sweep of everything short of the bathrooms that continue to operate outside of the big picture.

^ Interesting that they didn't pull any of that stuff for Diagon. It was a clean sweep of everything short of the bathrooms that continue to operate outside of the big picture.

But literally nothing could have been salvaged from Amity that would fit. New England seaside villages have next to nothing in common with London. Even if they just stripped down the facades, you'd be left with a bunch of very small fast food outlets on the wrong side of the pathway (blocking the waterfront).

However, I could very easily see Kong doing things such as, I don't know, causing explosions, pushing a semi-truck down a ramp towards the vehicle, even de-railing a subway car. There's plenty you could do with Disaster to retrofit it to Kong.

Obviously I hope that this new attraction isn't as simple as putting Kong behind a bunch of pre-existing effects. But I'd say there's a good possibility that could be more or less what happens.

I'd say very low. TF was a special situation in that they were cramming an existing ride in a decrepit old building. That just wouldn't have worked. But since this is a brand new experience, I think at worst they'll be gutting the inside of the building.

That makes sense..I guess Im just imagining a full circuit ride rather than a Disaster set-up. If they do keep some of the effects I would certainly hope some of them would be massively refurbed to be a little more realistic...and now that Uni is "green" I suppose we can expect red fog instead of fire if they do indeed use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a big construction person but would guess it would be more cost effective to build a new building rather than renovate unless this will be more of an overlay

I figured this as well but as I said above I've been thinking completely new layout/full circuit ride rather than overlay which it is looking more like an overlay

- - - Updated - - -

More than likely some pieces of EQ will be left behind as it would be considered a refurbishment on the structure rather than building a new structure...I believe in the state of FL you get big tax breaks for that sort of thing

If that is the case it certainly would be smart for them to do so..not to hard to repurpose that area to whatever city theme they will use. I wonder though what kind of vehicle we will be in. With no idea of what to expect when it comes to a ride system Im having a hard time letting my imagination run wild.

To help put this in perspective, this went from a refurb to a redo. I would imagine that the basic configuration is going to stay the same. And I would't be surprised if the earthquake room becomes a Kong 360/3D showroom. And I have one tiny little wish. I want one really good 35' tall AA.

We've been told by insiders it's not happening.

And honestly, there's been whispers of Kong coming back for a good year now.

Not only that but the parking garage still has a Kong section. Their was a reason why they left it there for 7+ years even though the kong ride was taken out. This replacement idea has been around for awhile, especially due to the problems they were having legally with this existing attraction.

Last edited:
To help put this in perspective, this went from a refurb to a redo. I would imagine that the basic configuration is going to stay the same. And I would't be surprised if the earthquake room becomes a Kong 360/3D showroom. And I have one tiny little wish. I want one really good 35' tall AA.

They definitely have to at least have one good AA King Kong. If it's 360 but with that then I wont be that disappointed and just be satisfied that Kong is replacing Disaster.

Not only that but the parking garage still has a Kong section. Their was a reason why they left it there for 7+ years even though the kong ride was taken out. This replacement idea has been around for awhile, especially due to the problems they were having legally with this existing attraction.

noooo Im pretty sure they just didnt feel the need to spend time and money on a parking garage refurb hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.