Kings Island General Discussion | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Kings Island General Discussion

Mad Dog

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2013
Pittsburgh area
So, Kings Island has posted their updated COVID requirements.

Basic summary is:

1. No more reservations for Kings Island (the dry park) but you need them for Soak City.
2. Masks are not required while outside and are recommended if you can't socially distance (I'm think queue lines).
3. Rides will be operating at full capacity.
4. Health screening will be done at the entrance to the park (probably at the tent they had erected to do temperature checks which have been discontinued).

So, exciting news for me. I'll be at one of the Season Pass Days occurring on May 8th or 9th (less than two weeks finally).
I just did a survey for Kennywood Park. They continually used the term 'softer covid rules' for the 'summer' months, but they didn't actually say what it entailed. So
it sounds like they may well be considering something like Kings Island, but haven't quite decided yet.

SkiBum

Veteran Member
Dec 14, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
I just did a survey for Kennywood Park. They continually used the term 'softer covid rules' for the 'summer' months, but they didn't actually say what it entailed. So
it sounds like they may well be considering something like Kings Island, but haven't quite decided yet.
Sometimes, it seems that people are just making things up as they go.

Reactions: Mad Dog

GAcoaster

V.I.P.
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
Kentucky Kingdom apparently has had issues as well so they just instituted a chaperone policy-- no unaccompanied minors allowed.

Mad Dog

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2013
Pittsburgh area
Kentucky Kingdom apparently has had issues as well so they just instituted a chaperone policy-- no unaccompanied minors allowed.
Kennywood had a problem last year, and a few years back. Mostly teen gang members coming in late in the day. So, for this year they have a policy whereby any non adults coming to the park after 4:00 PM need
to have an adult chaperone. Since the gang problems weren't early in the day, the chaperone policy only takes effect after 4:00. The Monroeville Mall, which is on the same side of Pittsburgh has had the
same issue with the gangs the past few years also.

SkiBum

Veteran Member
Dec 14, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
This is a decent article about it: Officials: Kings Island closed early due to teens fighting in park, parking lot Saturday

It nails a few excellent point. People use KI as a babysitter. Literally, dozens of cars line up on the drop-off site in the morning and parents leave their kids alone all day until evening or close. I have been really surprised at the crowd levels, though we are only two weekends into the season. The park is packed to the gills at levels I haven't seen in years.