Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

I get they're working with what they have, but it's pretty embarrassing that they're doing a whole media celebration for an unfinished land whose marquee attraction remains MIA with no clear return date. I am also really frustrated by the theme park "media" organizations that have completely failed to press this issue or hold the park accountable for whatever is going on with Montezuma (not to mention Xcelerator and other SBNO experiences).
I mean this is just the world we live in

Because its so easy for anyone to cover parks unless ALL media decided to press them then "x: person who presses a company will just get blacklisted

It's the same reason Disney is just closing Fantasmic with zero plans to add something to replace it and has like 4 dark rides going down next month and even more rides going down in July

It's frustrating but even if someone did push them on the coasters they can lie (or could be the truth) and just say parts have been hard to come by

Knotts has been down two major coasters since February last year. What is going on with Monty?

This is getting ridiculous. I hope once they finally get around to opening both, they better think about investing in a new, reliable coaster. They can’t have this happen again.

I get they're working with what they have, but it's pretty embarrassing that they're doing a whole media celebration for an unfinished land whose marquee attraction remains MIA with no clear return date. I am also really frustrated by the theme park "media" organizations that have completely failed to press this issue or hold the park accountable for whatever is going on with Montezuma (not to mention Xcelerator and other SBNO experiences).
Let's not forget that Disneyland opened Galaxy's Edge for about a year without having Rise of the Resistance open, and had no clear opening date at the time the land opened.

Let's not forget that Disneyland opened Galaxy's Edge for about a year without having Rise of the Resistance open, and had no clear opening date at the time the land opened.
It’s sadly the new normal but people keep supporting place no matter the business practices

So here we are

Fair on some counts - I think that move was also a major blunder. But at least in that scenario, you had the (reasonable) explanation that Rise was so complex that it just wasn't working reliably yet, a claim that was proved accurate when it finally kinda sorta opened sometimes. Montezuma should be a much more straightforward project, so this kind of delay reeks of mismanagement. A better theme park journalist would be asking some hard questions.

I am also really frustrated by the theme park "media" organizations that have completely failed to press this issue or hold the park accountable for whatever is going on with Montezuma (not to mention Xcelerator and other SBNO experiences).

A better theme park journalist would be asking some hard questions.

While I can fully agree with that, who's willing to possibly lose their media access for asking the hard questions/pressing the issue? Because that's how the game works. I sure as heck don't agree with it, but that's how parks like to play with the media.

I was debating whether to visit today to see the new Fiesta village, and I think I'm gonna wait a few weeks. I'm excited to see the new entertainment offerings, and try the fish tacos. The land looks beautiful from photos, especially the alebrije statues, but photos only show so much.
This situation really sounds like a microcosm of how I perceive Knott’s and many other Cedar Fair parks. Beautiful, creative, and thrilling on one hand, but full of operational hiccups, and neglected or budget areas just sitting there on the other

Watched JustinScarred on Fiesta village and overall from what is open the land looks great and Jaguar at night looks like a big improvement.

So while I wont be going until Scary Farm, I'm glad for this area getting some love and hope they keep doing nighttime shows int he land with the new projectors

The award-winning live-action role-playing event for all ages taking place in the semi-fictional town of Calico returns to Knott's Berry Farm.

Fiesta Village reopens as Summer Nights return to Knott's Berry Farm!

that looks absolutely phenomenal, I can't wait to see it in person. the new skins on the flat rides, in particular, is really impressive. obviously disappointing that montezooma has been pushed, but knott's should be incredibly proud of this effort.
It looks great in person. I think people will be very happy with it overall.

Good news for Xcellerator! From the Knott’s Network FB page:
FF5356E6-C945-45C6-A211-F33500C61E17.jpeg
EDIT TO ADD: He also commented that he seems extremely confident it will be open by Scary Farm but “hopefully sooner”. They are allegedly looking for ride ops for Xcellerator so that should give you an idea of their timeframe.

Last edited:
From my experiences, the hard questions are asked but are asked more in a "between you and me" manner than official park statement. I am sure some do know what is going on with Monty but will not officially state such as to not hamper their relationship with the park. I get it.

Xccelerator will open by the end of summer. While a July reopening would be ideal, it'll be August. However, this is also Knott's so it could be September just in time for Haunt.

The Papa's Mexicanas fry place is still "coming soon".

As for Montezooma, unfortunately I have heard 2024, but I'll still cling to hope for a miracle. The downside is, the NEW Montezooma "Forbidden Fortress" merch won't drop until the ride opens.

In other news, there are rumored plans for two other renovations/refurbishments in the near future. Spurs (across from GhostRider) is allegedly to be gutted, redone & actually reopen as a restaurant again (I'll believe it when I see it).

The other location is Sutters. It definitely needs to be redone, but no word on when it'll happen or how since it's right at the front of Ghost Town. We saw that Knott's is terrible at closing off an area (and staying closed) & getting it done in a timely fashion (Fiesta).

I just wish the park would invest in more shade. Also, they did all that hiring, but the drink refill stations are all usually closed except for the weekends. Their alcohol coffee/pastry stand they added by Wipeout is rarely open (only seen it open like 3 times).

Xccelerator will open by the end of summer. While a July reopening would be ideal, it'll be August. However, this is also Knott's so it could be September just in time for Haunt.

The Papa's Mexicanas fry place is still "coming soon".

As for Montezooma, unfortunately I have heard 2024, but I'll still cling to hope for a miracle. The downside is, the NEW Montezooma "Forbidden Fortress" merch won't drop until the ride opens.

In other news, there are rumored plans for two other renovations/refurbishments in the near future. Spurs (across from GhostRider) is allegedly to be gutted, redone & actually reopen as a restaurant again (I'll believe it when I see it).

The other location is Sutters. It definitely needs to be redone, but no word on when it'll happen or how since it's right at the front of Ghost Town. We saw that Knott's is terrible at closing off an area (and staying closed) & getting it done in a timely fashion (Fiesta).

I just wish the park would invest in more shade. Also, they did all that hiring, but the drink refill stations are all usually closed except for the weekends. Their alcohol coffee/pastry stand they added by Wipeout is rarely open (only seen it open like 3 times).
Yeah 2024 for Monty sounds like a safe bet at this point. Extremely unfortunate as this shouldn’t be a complicated project.

I’m terms of Xcellerator opening in August, I’ll take it. I was imagining it would be opening around the holidays but August sounds much better.

I know it’s a longshot, but do you have any idea what’s going on with Mystery Lodge? It’s been shuttered for years now with no reopening date. At this point if there’s no definite plan to fix whatever needs to be fixed, I think they should just gut it and replace it with a Vekoma Madhouse. I think the theme and space would be perfect for it.

Also, I said it before, but I’ll say it again, but the park would be wise to invest in adding one more high-capacity coaster (Ahem a B&M hyper). The park’s capacity is really suffering with Monty, Xcelerator, and Mystery Lodge down indefinitely. They cannot have this happen again.

I know it’s a longshot, but do you have any idea what’s going on with Mystery Lodge? It’s been shuttered for years now with no reopening date. At this point if there’s no definite plan to fix whatever needs to be fixed, I think they should just gut it and replace it with a Vekoma Madhouse. I think the theme and space would be perfect for it.
With Grimoire built "permanently" behind Mystery Lodge, they won't be ripping out the building for a new ride.

I remember hearing back in late 2021/early 2022 that they were trying to figure out how to upgrade the show effects with today's tech, but still keep the old-school "charm". Obviously that hasn't happened.

I do know they use the interior theatre space for entertainment break space. I've seen Whittles come out through the exit doors a few times. He likes to photo-op by the waterfall.

But yea, Mystery Lodge seems to be one of many wasted spaces within the park. Gotta love how a defunct attraction has a big giftshop but Calico River Rapids has the small merch shack.