Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

I have a question: I'm wanting to renew my season pass, but I won't be able to go back un til next week. Hoping to lock my pass in this week before the price goes up on the 31st and then go next week. Is there a cut-off date to actually go inside the park after getting your pass?

I have a question: I'm wanting to renew my season pass, but I won't be able to go back un til next week. Hoping to lock my pass in this week before the price goes up on the 31st and then go next week. Is there a cut-off date to actually go inside the park after getting your pass?

Hopefully I read this right, but if you are asking if there is a window where you must use your pass after you renew it, there is not. In the past I have renewed my pass (both online and in person) and not gone in the park for months.

Hopefully I read this right, but if you are asking if there is a window where you must use your pass after you renew it, there is not. In the past I have renewed my pass (both online and in person) and not gone in the park for months.
Perfect! I'm good to go then! Thank you!

Since Xcellerator and Monty are both down for a while, I've considered not renewing, but decided to go for the Platinum pass as I plan to visit Carowinds and Kings Dominion late August. Might as well lol Besides, I'll save $$$ on KSF parking.

Perfect! I'm good to go then! Thank you!

Since Xcellerator and Monty are both down for a while, I've considered not renewing, but decided to go for the Platinum pass as I plan to visit Carowinds and Kings Dominion late August. Might as well lol Besides, I'll save $$$ on KSF parking.

I always try to tell everyone who is getting a pass to go for the parking add on if they can, as it works for Scary Farm as well. With all these theme parks charging almost $30 sometimes it pays for itself pretty quickly.

The Prop Shop Pizzeria is coming along. Brickwork has been installed.

2D8F95B2-7524-44C8-B070-683F239F3D7A.jpeg

The rotating item at Wilderness Broiler (Chorizo and Meatball Rigatoni) is actually pretty good. Hope that makes its way to the Prop Shop Pizzeria when it opens. Could use some more pasta dishes available year-round. I asked around and no one knows when it’ll open. Hoping within a month or so.

The new bathrooms will be between the Bumper Cars & Beary Tales giftshop. I believe those should be open sometime this month & before the new restaurant.

It's always hit or miss with Knott's & their progress. I honestly feel like Bumper Cars & the Theatre will need a cosmetic face-lift once the restaurant/bathrooms open.

Still wish they'd upgrade the Bumper Cars with music & lighting. Give it a great Gatsby roaring 20s party vibe. It just feels so stale & lifeless.

The new bathrooms will be between the Bumper Cars & Beary Tales giftshop. I believe those should be open sometime this month & before the new restaurant.

It's always hit or miss with Knott's & their progress. I honestly feel like Bumper Cars & the Theatre will need a cosmetic face-lift once the restaurant/bathrooms open.

Still wish they'd upgrade the Bumper Cars with music & lighting. Give it a great Gatsby roaring 20s party vibe. It just feels so stale & lifeless.
I definitely agree with the bumper cars that's such a good idea. Would really be the icing on the cake for that area.

I've probably already said this before but I really hope the prop shop restaurant will have the same efficiency in service as the boardwalk BBQ does. Boardwalk BBQ always has the best service. Go on any crowded day and you're guaranteed to not wait very long. Food service is always a pain at Knott's but you're pretty much always guaranteed to be in and out of that one. I see no reason why they shouldn't make this restaurant in a similar style.

Boardwalk BBQ also has legit covered dining, unlike Fireman's BBQ in Ghost Town

As great as a cheap & easy upgrade to Bumper Cars as it would be, remember... if it's a good idea, they'll ignore it. If it's the worst idea possible, they'll green light it faster than Xcelerator launches

The theater just got updated, at least externally. Agree on the bumper cars. They should at least add a little something new to give it some life since now that will be the only thing in that area that hasn’t been updated.

They did give it new fencing and a new sign. Personally, I don't know if a light package would really fit that area very well, but some 20's music would be a nice touch.

And yeah, the theater did just get an external cosmetic face lift. It actually looks pretty nice, IMO.

Personally, I think the biggest infrastructure Knott's needs is better food managment and/or mobile ordering. Aside from the BBQ (and hopefully this new place), food lines are worse than Six Flags. By far. That, and their pretty terrible app. It's good for showtimes, but very little else.

Yea I know the theatre got a minor exterior upgrade but still wouldn't hurt to give it another

Honestly, I wish they'd gut Johnny Rockets because it has no business being in the park & it's a complete eyesore. It would be the perfect location for a Boysenberry restaurant! It is literally next to Beary Tales & it would fit into the Charleston Circle roaring 20s vibe they're going for. The menu could be made up of best selling/fan favorites from previous Boysenberry Festivals. They'd even be able to feature limited time seasonal menu items.

It wouldn't take away from the Boysenberry Festival since they have to create new stuff every year anyway.

Personally, I think the biggest infrastructure Knott's needs is better food managment and/or mobile ordering. Aside from the BBQ (and hopefully this new place), food lines are worse than Six Flags. By far. That, and their pretty terrible app. It's good for showtimes, but very little else.

This and their general operations. The way they are still managing their ride lines is crazy, and I remember it being like back in the early 00's even.

Yea I know the theatre got a minor exterior upgrade but still wouldn't hurt to give it another

Honestly, I wish they'd gut Johnny Rockets because it has no business being in the park & it's a complete eyesore. It would be the perfect location for a Boysenberry restaurant! It is literally next to Beary Tales & it would fit into the Charleston Circle roaring 20s vibe they're going for. The menu could be made up of best selling/fan favorites from previous Boysenberry Festivals. They'd even be able to feature limited time seasonal menu items.

It wouldn't take away from the Boysenberry Festival since they have to create new stuff every year anyway.

I don't see them doing any other updates on the theater since they just the current ones within the last few years. I think it matches much better now and looks fresh.

Great idea with the Johnny Rockets location. The outside branded restaurants in the park seems like an older era Cedar Fair thing that is still hanging on. I think they could really benefit from some kind of boysenberry themed restaurant, and that location is perfect like you mentioned.

This and their general operations. The way they are still managing their ride lines is crazy, and I remember it being like back in the early 00's even.

I don't see them doing any other updates on the theater since they just the current ones within the last few years. I think it matches much better now and looks fresh.

Great idea with the Johnny Rockets location. The outside branded restaurants in the park seems like an older era Cedar Fair thing that is still hanging on. I think they could really benefit from some kind of boysenberry themed restaurant, and that location is perfect like you mentioned.
It's right underneath Bear-y Tales. Make a Bear-y Tales themed eatery.

So Knotts has firmly denied any rumors of the park submitting plans for Giga or Hyper. The city denied it, the park itself denied it….I think we’ve been played this

That’s a bummer but at least we won’t be getting a “meh” mini-hyper :grin:

So Knotts has firmly denied any rumors of the park submitting plans for Giga or Hyper. The city denied it, the park itself denied it….I think we’ve been played this

That’s a bummer but at least we won’t be getting a “meh” mini-hyper :grin:
I'm honestly relieved, that second plan made me wanna commit arson

Any plans to have a coaster go UNDER Beach Blvd are completely unrealistic anyway & space is limited on the Soak City side as is.

The park could benefit from something like Maverick because it'd tie into the Ghost Town/Calico theme very well.

The park doesn't necessarily need "bigger" coasters, it just needs more rides all together, however the park currently has a hard time staffing the rides they already have. That's why you'll find a few rides in Camp Snoopy closed or temporarily open, it's a staffing issue.

Speaking of rides, the "Merry-go-round" in Fiesta Village finally reopened last weekend. They contacted an actual Carousel manufacturer who came in & fixed it. One less ride collecting dust & rust.

The swings in Fiesta Village are also back in operation after a 2 week refurb.

Pony Express is being fixed up.

Xcelerator is still waiting for a new launch cable & the log ride still has no water on the final drop

I'm fine with them not doing any crazy coaster plans right now. I've said a few times already but I'd love to see them continue to work on things inside the park for a bit before they add something like this.

Any plans to have a coaster go UNDER Beach Blvd are completely unrealistic anyway & space is limited on the Soak City side as is.

The park could benefit from something like Maverick because it'd tie into the Ghost Town/Calico theme very well.

The park doesn't necessarily need "bigger" coasters, it just needs more rides all together, however the park currently has a hard time staffing the rides they already have. That's why you'll find a few rides in Camp Snoopy closed or temporarily open, it's a staffing issue.

Speaking of rides, the "Merry-go-round" in Fiesta Village finally reopened last weekend. They contacted an actual Carousel manufacturer who came in & fixed it. One less ride collecting dust & rust.

The swings in Fiesta Village are also back in operation after a 2 week refurb.

Pony Express is being fixed up.

Xcelerator is still waiting for a new launch cable & the log ride still has no water on the final drop
I feel like Copperhead Strike at Carowinds was made for a park like Knott’s. It would be perfect for Knott’s and would to see something like that here.

I'm fine with them not doing any crazy coaster plans right now. I've said a few times already but I'd love to see them continue to work on things inside the park for a bit before they add something like this.
While I would love to see a Giga or at least a good B&M hyper come to the park, Knott’s would be smart to focus more on themed rides to take in the former AP holders from DLR.