Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

While not a thrill ride, I'm honestly surprised after 100 years, Knotts hasn't added a big Ferris Wheel to the park. Doesn't need to be crazy like DCA has, but just a decent size one like Irvine Spectrum Center has. They could give it a western theme, call it "wagon wheel" & put it somewhere in the Ghost Town/Calico area.

The Ferris Wheel in Camp Snoopy has been broken for months (busted hydraulic). It looks like the park got it after years of neglect from the OC Fair & added a cheap lighting package to one side.

I disagree. KBF needs a big landmark rollercoaster.
1 - GhostRider was the first Cedar Fair coaster addition to the park in 1996 after they bought the park & has been an iconic staple ever since that makes it seem like it has always been there.

2 - Montezooma's Revenge is the park's first coaster & turns 45 next year.

3 - Xcelerator is an overrated Pony Express with a "top hat" hill, but still a one-trick (speed) pony.

4 - Pony Express is blink & it's over, but yay horses

5 - Jaguar needs a major renovation & new trains (preferably with leg room). Also some nighttime enhancements wouldn't hurt.

6 - Silver Bullet is a great coaster layout, but terrible waittimes. Also the ride-ops are dressed like Ghost Town, but the coaster is painted like Fiesta Village. Yay identity crisis

7 - HangTime was one of their best coaster additions & is smooth.

So yea, the park could definitely benefit from an 8th coaster, but it'd need to be something that stands out. Nothing record breaking. Just needs to be iconic like GhostRider and Hangtime!

With Montezooma's Revenge being extensively refurbished, I could see Knott’s taking that route for a while. Make what they have already, better.
What I would love to see is Jaguar replaced with a "story" coaster, with a second pyramid next to the queue for the show building. Cedar Fair doesn't typically do that (Wonder Mountain Guardian is an exception) but I can wish haha

With Montezooma's Revenge being extensively refurbished, I could see Knott’s taking that route for a while. Make what they have already, better.
What I would love to see is Jaguar replaced with a "story" coaster, with a second pyramid next to the queue for the show building. Cedar Fair doesn't typically do that (Wonder Mountain Guardian is an exception) but I can wish haha

That would be great. I think Jaguar should be the next focus for sure. I be happy with what Wesker mentioned above. A new, more comfortable train, a nice lighting package and maybe some small effects in the pyramid tunnel. If they can find a way to make that ride a little quieter too I wouldn't mind, hah.

I'd be fine with Knotts improving what they already have, like Ghostrider, Monte ect. Any large coaster (hyper) is going to stick out like a sore thumb and potentially ruin what little charm the park has left .

Knotts is too special to be treated like Carowinds.

Saying SB is in Fiesta Village is kinda splitting hairs. To me, it's more on the extreme edge of Ghost Town, but does it really matter? It took me years to discover that Matterhorn at Disneyland is technically in Fantasyland, but I had never really placed it in any particular land.

I do think Knott's could use a signature coaster, but I also wouldn't argue more flat rides. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: a Vekoma Mad House, themed to the Haunted Shack, would be a nearly perfect attraction for the park. It wouldn't take up a lot of space, it's family friendly, it'd be the first one on the west coast, and is a modern take on Knott's history.

That, and improved food service. Hoping the new place by Berry Tales helps, but standing in other food lines (especially Ghost Town and Fiesta Village) are horrible operations. Way worse than Six Flags, even. Really, those food places with 60's infrastructure should be restricted to mobile ordering only. They aren't made to handle today's crowd demands.

Saying SB is in Fiesta Village is kinda splitting hairs. To me, it's more on the extreme edge of Ghost Town, but does it really matter? It took me years to discover that Matterhorn at Disneyland is technically in Fantasyland, but I had never really placed it in any particular land.

I do think Knott's could use a signature coaster, but I also wouldn't argue more flat rides. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: a Vekoma Mad House, themed to the Haunted Shack, would be a nearly perfect attraction for the park. It wouldn't take up a lot of space, it's family friendly, it'd be the first one on the west coast, and is a modern take on Knott's history.

That, and improved food service. Hoping the new place by Berry Tales helps, but standing in other food lines (especially Ghost Town and Fiesta Village) are horrible operations. Way worse than Six Flags, even. Really, those food places with 60's infrastructure should be restricted to mobile ordering only. They aren't made to handle today's crowd demands.
Alright! Another person on board for a Haunted Shack themed Vekoma madhouse! Only thing is it would be the second on the west coast. Legoland CA is getting one next year!

If we’re going to add some flats, I would be down for a Zamperla Nebulus. I’ve been hankering for a flat that has similar dynamics to Tampico Tumbler. I miss that ride.

They need to improve operations before adding anything else.

Decrease load times so they are 4x faster (on ride bag holders or free lockers BEFORE loading - ala the Mummy ride at Uni - for SOME of the coasters would help tremendously), accurate wait times out front and in the app, mobile ordering parkwide, sped up food transactions, daily and nightly entertainment spectaculars, and a parking structure so you don't have to go to some random lot far off in the middle of the night are just the tip of the iceberg.

When I had my Knotts AP, I lowkey dreaded it because I knew the day was about to move very slow. Would always run into multitude of problems when going to KSF, so even that now I only do once every other year. These are why I typically just avoid Knotts and Six Flags. Six Flags, honestly, I haven't been back to in almost 5 years, sadly...

Oh, and make more rides husky friendly. No reason I can get on every single ride at any other theme park, but Knotts rides always take an extra second to lock the lap bars or assistance will be needed. Just throw out all these trains at this point, seriously...

They need to improve operations before adding anything else.

Decrease load times so they are 4x faster (on ride bag holders or free lockers BEFORE loading - ala the Mummy ride at Uni - for SOME of the coasters would help tremendously), accurate wait times out front and in the app, mobile ordering parkwide, sped up food transactions, daily and nightly entertainment spectaculars, and a parking structure so you don't have to go to some random lot far off in the middle of the night are just the tip of the iceberg.

When I had my Knotts AP, I lowkey dreaded it because I knew the day was about to move very slow. Would always run into multitude of problems when going to KSF, so even that now I only do once every other year. These are why I typically just avoid Knotts and Six Flags. Six Flags, honestly, I haven't been back to in almost 5 years, sadly...

Oh, and make more rides husky friendly. No reason I can get on every single ride at any other theme park, but Knotts rides always take an extra second to lock the lap bars or assistance will be needed. Just throw out all these trains at this point, seriously...
Replacing the trains on Xcellerator to be more husky-friendly isn’t going to be possible sadly. The manufacturer of that ride and the park don’t have a great relationship so being able to supply that ride with new trains that have to be supported will be a challenge.

The operations at Knotts will never improve until they can actually hire enough people to staff the park (a lot of businesses currently have this issue but that's another story entirely).

Knotts & Six Flags suffer from the same waittime issue for rides, they insist on using the old school signs that get the waittime manually changed but want you to rely on the app despite the parks not actually having digital waittimes like Universal & Disney

Mobile orders for food will never work at Knotts due to their crappy app that they insist on people use.

Unfortunately Knott's will most likely NEVER get a parking structure due to Buena Park... think of the issues Disneyland struggles with for expansion/improvements & they've got a lot more money than Knotts. But yes, just like Magic Mountain, Knotts could benefit from a parking structure & backstage overhaul.

The park needs to utilize every inch it has, but also severely upgrade pretty much the entire park. Imagine if they sacrificed space in Camp Snoopy for a Snoopy dark ride!

I think it's funny how they have merch for extinct rides/attractions in honor of their 100th anniversary, but won't find new ways to bring them back (like they did with Beary Tales, although that suffers front awful screens & tech)

Update on the new eatery next to the Walter Knott Theatre... while it looks as if they're close to having this new dining location ready from the exterior work showing above the construction walls. Unfortunately if you look through the gate, you'll notice that the building is still just a gutted shell with nothing close to being done yet.

Unless Knott's performs a miracle, this won't be open until around August, which is ridiculous since the park desperately needs it open due to food lines.

It's very interesting that it appears to be a communal sink area... I've seen that before at some trendy, "hip" restaurants, but never at a theme park before