Knott's Berry Farm | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I highly support adding story and unpredictability here. Just need to put actual effort in, not add story for the sake of story. I would rather Jaguar had received this renovation, but I'm excited for this too.
I do worry that lines will back up horribly though

Reactions: deadbydawn
I'm ok with them adding some theming to the queue areas. I don't really know how much "story" you can tell on a ride that launches you through a loop and back, but I'm all for adding some layers of that into the queue and load area. For me, losing the flywheel launch would be a bummer just as a Knott's history dork. I imagine the newer modern launch systems may be less temperamental and probably easier to work on. Plus, the multi launch options seem kind of cool!

Reactions: Freak
Considering Montezooma's Revenge severely lacks in quality queue (like most of the rides in the park), I welcome a major redo.

Come on, do you really want to be in line having to hear that awful beeping truck ride from hell in Camp Snoopy!? There is no walls blocking out that crap! Then the ramp up to the load platform is once again exposed to SnoopyLand overlooking the Beagle's campgrounds of no return. Enclose it. All of it.

As for the overall ride building station, it has no charm. It's basic. And very underwhelming when you've got the giant Aztec/Mayan temple pyramid of Jaguar right there. So I say after 44 years, it's definitely time for a major face lift, botox, injections, the works...

I'm surprised they're even allowed to alter the launch due to the coaster being registered as historic. But a randomized launch system would be a nice upgrade.

As for effects... not sure if anyone ever noticed, but there was a light effect with the chandeliers during the launch/return. Dimming/flickering.

And yes, Jaguar also needs a massive overhaul & especially new human size trains

I’d give Monte’s original queue a pass in regards to Camp Snoopy. It was built 5 years before Camp Snoopy even existed. At the time, it was the edge of the park, and I believe open to a parking lot.

I did always enjoy the dimming of the lights, although it was mostly only visible at night.

And while I’d really miss the flywheel launch, I can understand if 44 year old machinery and technology is just too unreliable and expensive to maintain. If it has to be upgraded, different launch patterns would be a great improvement.

Last edited:
Glad to hear Knotts is adding more theming to area's and rides....dont think I'll be back until next Scary Farm event but glad the park's future is bright

Catching up to MZ rumors, and I'm perfectly fine if they plus up the queue and station. The main thing I'd like is top to bottom TLC to keep the ride running for years to come, so any additional theming is a nice bonus.

Now with the launch, the flywheel launch is quite nice. Though considering Turbine's flywheel was replaced by LIM's when it converted into Psyke Underground, I do have to accept the very real possibility of it happening here. And that's also factoring in Pony Express having a flywheel launch as well, just because that coaster has one, doesn't mean that MZ is going to keep its own.

If the flywheel is replaced by LIM's, then I hope the rumor of multiple launch programs are true since not knowing if you're going to launch forwards or backwards is honestly a fun idea. It's like with WDW's ToT on not knowing if you're going to go up or drop at the start, that little bit of unpredictability can go a long way. And it's a unique idea that can only really be done on a shuttle loop with how it's laid out.

Reactions: Wesker69 and JS610
Fights and maybe a stabbing at Knott’s. Park is shut down. This is why I leave Knott’s before dark. Too many wild teens. Reminder me of Six Flags back in the day.

I left the park at 7pm and good thing I didn’t stay any later. Park closed down around an hour later. From Buena Park PD’s FB page.

It says post is no longer available

Hmm… not sure what happened with the link, but here’s a screenshot. Basically, BPPD determined initial reports of shots fired or an active shooter were false, but multiple fights in the park caused the park to close early.

59455FAA-714C-4922-9960-BD1C3967795F.jpeg

Also from Knott’s Twitter:

Yea apparently there was a mass fight or something (and it was on-going while the park was evacuating). My friend told me they were flushing out the park around 8-830pm.

LA gets a covid surge, OC gets violence. I'm ready to reset this current timeline.

Remember when SFMM was notorious for violence. SFMM has less incidents in the past decade compared to Knott's last three years lol

• Haha
Reactions: DTH