Knott's Berry Farm | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Fights in parks used to be much more of a possibility before 2001 brought metal detectors, right? And to think Knott’s first built a fence and charged admission in the late 60's to keep out hippies

Fights in parks used to be much more of a possibility before 2001 brought metal detectors, right? And to think Knott’s first built a fence and charged admission in the late 60's to keep out hippies
If you’ve ever been through Knott’s security lately, then you know it’s a complete joke. If you don’t have a bag they just let you through no matter if the detector beeps.

Reactions: SailwiththeTide
I have walked thru with my metal water bottle and caused the detector to beep and been let in, no questions asked. We do expect more from parks than security theater.
Perhaps this will force Knott’s hand

This is trending #3 in the US currently on twitter, so definitely going to hurt their reputation in the long run. I've also seen many on twitter say similar things about security and how they beeped when they walked through, but were just let in with no check. Knotts is going to need a strong PR statement regarding their parks security team imo.

In this current world we live in, it'll unfortunately blow over and get swept under the rug soon enough. It will be overshadowed by other news from somewhere else.

Besides, the park isn't that worried about it.
FB_IMG_1658068432590.jpg

Couple of weeks ago ago at Ripsaw there was a fight in the queue, so yeah happens at Universal too. Don't think it was bad though, pretty sure a Team Lead took care of it. In general, this is why I prefer Universal to Seaworld for instance, we have plenty of security, and us employees have to go through it too.

Ever since they parks reopened from Covid, noticed a LOT more fights breaking out. Must be lots of pent up anger since the lockdowns.
True, and with inflation at the moment, makes it even worse. many people rather than surrendering to friendliness and kindness rather give in to anger; it's kind of like an emotional entitlement ...

Reactions: Freak
^ It doesn't take much to set someone off post lock down. Add in the summer heat and understaffed security, and it's a receipt for disaster.

Plus we're losing a park, cutbacks affecting new SFMM and Sea World rides, fake Giga rumors, and now this PR headache. The Florida parks are just outshining us at every turn.

When I was at Knott’s back in March, I noticed a good amount of kids line skipping at Timber Mountain. I didnt think too much of some of the behavior going around, but it’s starting to become obvious that the local youth knows they can misbehave at Knott’s and suffer minimal consequences. I really hope they can get things cleaned up because it’s a beautiful park with good rides, food and tons of history. Would hate to see it’s reputation continue to drop into the gutter.

Reactions: Freak
Collectively, these incidents create a perception that Knott's is not as safe or family-friendly as it used to be, particularly if they get national attention. That will take time to manifest (if it does), but I think it is a real possibility if they do not do more to prevent and contain these incidents.

Reactions: deadbydawn