Knott's Berry Farm | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It unfortunately is a constant problem. It derailed literally a few months ago too. The ride needs significant maintenance & whatnot done to it. I know there is one specific train that has a lot of issues & they still insist on putting it to use.

The other unfortunate thing about an incident like this is they'll blame the ride-op rather than actually admit it needed maintenance.

20220802_221550.jpg
It may be closed, but it still lights up at night behind the construction wall

20220802_215153.jpg
Here's the former loop area of Montezooma's Revenge from Camp Snoopy at night!

20220802_164220.jpg
Here's a bonus Coyote pup photo!

Reactions: phroobar
Hate the name change. Just keep it the way it was.

I’m interested in the new effects upgrades though I’m kinda apprehensive about it. The appeal of Monty was the old school charm. Looks like that’s all going out the window.

Here is a concept video from Knott‘s about the new Fiesta Village! The area in front of Jaguar looks great. Overall, this will be a nice change and needed update to the area.

Regarding the Montezooma name change, they are clearly just following the new industry change when it comes to naming attractions. It’s not great, but it’s not like everyone isn’t going to still call it Montezooma’s Revenge anyway. No biggie.

Last edited:
^ Beat me to it.

Full service restaurant and adjacent bar coming. Colors look to be more vibrant.

Confirmed Monte may start in either direction.

Reactions: deadbydawn
Okay.. since today is my only day off I've been completely lazy AF... anyway, I went through and snagged a few screenshots from the video so we can further discuss this overhaul...

FiestaAerial1.jpg
Here's the full aerial shot of the land. If you expected them to give the land a new layout, then you don't understand how difficult it'd be. At least they can do it in phases with construction walls & limited closures (outside if their current short staffing)

Fiesta1.jpg
The first thing I noticed (besides the white color scheme for the buildings) was the lack of "fiesta" string lights over this area. If you've been to Knott's in the evening, you'll know this land is one of the darkest in the park. It severely lacks nighttime lighting. Even if they might seen cliche/cheesy, I'd hope the string lights return. Also notice all the plants/flowers added (hopefully they don't attract bees)

Fiesta2.jpg
I was told the stage was expanding. Their PR stated an expanded stage. But this concept rendering shows the stage completely gone with a fancy new double staircase. Also the removal of those horrible bench seats.

Fiesta3.jpg
The former Papa Loca Fries, now a bar.. that big square pathway isn't realistic, it's missing the 3hr queue for beer/cocktails

Fiesta4.jpg
This is definitely an upgrade as far as theming & cohesion goes. Love the addition of the Mexican Fiesta flag banners above the pathway, however it'd be great if lighting was included. It's a Fiesta, make it lit! :lol:

FiestaAerial2.jpg
This is definitely an interesting area change & full of color! Very unexpected. Although keeping a food location BETWEEN a spinning ride & swinging ride is certainly a choice :puke:

Fiesta5.jpg
Fiesta6.jpg
Anyone notice even the fountain in this plaza got a makeover for the retheme. Speaking of things rethemed, can we talk about that gorgeous repaint of La Revolucion!? ....I'll say it again, but lighting. Lighting. LIGHTING! Outside of the Wave Swinger, Sol Spin & Merry-Go-Round, the rides severely lack nighttime lighting packages. So it'd be nice to see this, Hat Dance & Dragon Swing get a nighttime enhancement.

FiestaAerial3.jpg
Okay now for this last area. First I'm curious to see if Sol Spin is going to get a reskin to match the concept video rendering. It is cool that it'd match Jaguar temple, BUT I'd hate to lose the bright color scheme even if it makes it cohesive.

Next up, if you look at the "loop" Jaguar does infront of the temple ride entrance you'll notice that beneath it, the "fountain/ruins" are completely removed. Again, this is just a concept video & things might end up differently. However, there is now a "river" with a bridge instead.

Speaking of this new "river"/bridge area, I mentioned a while back that I heard a rumor of the midway games being removed from the land. If you look at this aerial view, you'll see that the games are nowhere to be found.

Lastly, we have Jaguar temple... there is "mist/fog" coming from the top of the pyramid where the coaster passes by. Could this be a tease/hint that Jaguar will get a minimal effects upgrade? Obviously the return of fire would be on the top of the list, but fog & lighting can be just as cool!

Montezooma1.jpg
Montezooma2.jpg
Top image- video screenshot
Bottom image- concept art

Look carefully at the queue entrance & then to the right. That's some Six Flags level of queue right there. Very disappointing to see a fancy new entrance & then an outdoor queue of doom with zero shade, despite their PR hyping it up as something well themed.

View attachment 17000
Top image- video screenshot
Bottom image- concept art

Look carefully at the queue entrance & then to the right. That's some Six Flags level of queue right there. Very disappointing to see a fancy new entrance & then an outdoor queue of doom with zero shade, despite their PR hyping it up as something well themed.

Huh? I dont understand whats six flags? That new signage and stone work is VERY nice, (When is the last time Knotts added NEW rock/stone work anywhere??? The Sierra Sidewinder Sign?) plus the flooring. Its beyond impressive for knotts. What six flags ride looks this nice?!?.

Also if you know Montezoomas the first 30 minutes of queue are behind the ride (which the line is only longer than that 5-10% of the year if that) I dont think anybody ever thought the front extended queue one switchback would be covered (it would end up ruining the frame of the building the brake track) But they are replacing the terrible old faded pink/orange wood with nice stone & upgraded planters! It actually looks like they might be rerouting the queue though too based on that pic (But its a pic)

But Knotts did mention the queue will be heavily themed (for them) and have lots of details building the story.

Happy National Roller Coaster Day! Huge upgrade theming-wise. If they really enclose the station to enhance the fog and lighting, that would be insane. Also, OTSR.

Well, they’re Premiere trains with comfort collars. While it’s certainly not ideal, I would rather deal with that than those awful OTSRs. Load times are really going to suck.

I have to say, I don’t hate what I see so far. The only thing I REALLY don’t like is the name change.

Also, OTSR.

While it's been pretty obvious that OSTR's just arn't needed for this type of ride, it could possibly speed up load times if it's just the OSTR and no seatbelts to deal with.

Other than that gripe, the trains look good.

Well, they’re Premiere trains with comfort collars.

Looking at the video, those are not Premier trains. Premier does the weird lap bar from below plus attaching the comfort collar from above, while this train has an overhead lap bar (akin to something like Velocicoaster) with over the shoulder straps already attached. From the looks of things, that's a KumbaK train.

Reactions: JaySalahi
While it's been pretty obvious that OSTR's just arn't needed for this type of ride, it could possibly speed up load times if it's just the OSTR and no seatbelts to deal with.

Other than that gripe, the trains look good.

Looking at the video, those are not Premier trains. Premier does the weird lap bar from below plus attaching the comfort collar from above, while this train has an overhead lap bar (akin to something like Velocicoaster) with over the shoulder straps already attached. From the looks of things, that's a KumbaK train.
World be nice if the restraints similar to Wonder Woman. I prefer just a lap bar but WW are the best Ots