Knott's Berry Farm | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With inflation and money being tight, why go to a theme park in this climate and start a fight.
I think is a double answer, number one we have been cooped up, number two with costs rising we say let's go now. I might be wrong here, but I think overall attendance is not super higher at Universal, seems to me June was worse than July. My take is that there are a lot more sporadic guests.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W.
Collectively, these incidents create a perception that Knott's is not as safe or family-friendly as it used to be, particularly if they get national attention. That will take time to manifest (if it does), but I think it is a real possibility if they do not do more to prevent and contain these incidents.

This.

It sucks this has to be the case but teens seem to be making Knotts a living hell for most
I will say that Knott's seems to have the worst GP of all the parks I've been to, even worse than SFMM. The amount of line-cutting I've seen from the kids there is insane. On a peak day at Knott's, it would be a constant occurrence to see a bunch of kids (usually Jr High or High School kids) squeeze past me to meet up with one of their friends saving a spot for them in line. Plus, they tend to be the more obnoxious than those at SFMM.

It sucks for the teens who will respect the rules but those dumb kids ruined it for everyone.

I will say that Knott's seems to have the worst GP of all the parks I've been to, even worse than SFMM. The amount of line-cutting I've seen from the kids there is insane. On a peak day at Knott's, it would be a constant occurrence to see a bunch of kids (usually Jr High or High School kids) squeeze past me to meet up with one of their friends saving a spot for them in line. Plus, they tend to be the more obnoxious than those at SFMM.

It sucks for the teens who will respect the rules but those dumb kids ruined it for everyone.
Agreed

I’m sure many kids use Knotts as a cheap summer camp and now that’s kinda over because both teens suck but also Knotts clearly needs more security

Reactions: Freak
The amount of line-cutting I've seen from the kids there is insane. On a peak day at Knott's, it would be a constant occurrence to see a bunch of kids (usually Jr High or High School kids) squeeze past me to meet up with one of their friends saving a spot for them in line.
This. I actually witnessed something similar to this at Fireman's BBQ in Ghost Town a month or so ago.

It was one of those hot & disgustingly busy days where the line was past the stable back by Catawampus. I saw two swarms of kids go straight to the front of the line & met up with their chaperones, literally cutting the entire line. They held up the entire line as each kid ordered & paid SEPARATELY! I overheard one of the TMs working in the dining area straight up tell the chaperone that they can't be doing that. The chaperone was like "we're with the school". The TM flat out told her it didn't matter, the kids need to wait in line like everyone else & then apologized to the people in line for having to wait another 30min due to the inconsiderate group.

So yep. People are trash

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
This. I actually witnessed something similar to this at Fireman's BBQ in Ghost Town a month or so ago.

It was one of those hot & disgustingly busy days where the line was past the stable back by Catawampus. I saw two swarms of kids go straight to the front of the line & met up with their chaperones, literally cutting the entire line. They held up the entire line as each kid ordered & paid SEPARATELY! I overheard one of the TMs working in the dining area straight up tell the chaperone that they can't be doing that. The chaperone was like "we're with the school". The TM flat out told her it didn't matter, the kids need to wait in line like everyone else & then apologized to the people in line for having to wait another 30min due to the inconsiderate group.

So yep. People are trash
That’s awesome the staff member at Knotts co fronted the chaperone about that. Usually they just shrug at line cutters and do nothing about it.

There was one rare day when they were enforcing the no line-jumping policy. It was Hangtime’s first week of operation. One staff member was at the ride entrance calling out the kids that were cutting the line to meet up with their friends. It was wonderful seeing literally almost 100 kids get turned away from line cutting.

So question, ive been thinking it about this since it happened

Why is only Knotts needing to not let teens come in by themselves? Disneyland, Great America, Six Flags, Sea World and Universal all don't need to do this and are all close by or cater to a similar audience

Like why not increase security or sticker rules before just saying all teens can't come in without parents (on certain days)

So question, ive been thinking it about this since it happened

Why is only Knotts needing to not let teens come in by themselves? Disneyland, Great America, Six Flags, Sea World and Universal all don't need to do this and are all close by or cater to a similar audience

Like why not increase security or sticker rules before just saying all teens can't come in without parents (on certain days)

A function of ticket prices and policy. These sorts of issues happen when the parks allow too many groups of unsupervised kids in, unsupervised because their parents drop them off at the start of the day and pick them up at night.

Reactions: Clive
A function of ticket prices and policy. These sorts of issues happen when the parks allow too many groups of unsupervised kids in, unsupervised because their parents drop them off at the start of the day and pick them up at night.
So teens aren't being dropped off at other parks? Like Six Flags MM is 80% teens when I have gone

So teens aren't being dropped off at other parks? Like Six Flags MM is 80% teens when I have gone

That's where policy comes in, without proper staffing (regular employees to security) spats that lead to taunts that lead to fights happen. The fact it's in the middle of suburbia and not SFMM distance away helps too.

This is all conjecture right now, I've been interested in theme park safety since the late 90s and there were issues at PKD.

That's where policy comes in, without proper staffing (regular employees to security) spats that lead to taunts that lead to fights happen. The fact it's in the middle of suburbia and not SFMM distance away helps too.

This is all conjecture right now, I've been interested in theme park safety since the late 90s and there were issues at PKD.
I mean technically SFMM is in suburbia as well but it’s a little bit out of the way to get too.

Knotts is smack-dab in the middle of a gazillion neighborhoods so I can see why Knotts would have a problem more so than SFMM.

Reactions: Stryker and JS610