Knott's Scary Farm 2021 | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2021

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So what does that mean for the maze that usually goes behind the Mystery Lodge? I imagine it'll be pretty hard to manage a maze queue and show in the same location. I'm hoping this means there's more than one new maze.

Agree with @Freak here. I don’t think we’re seeing more than one new maze this year. My guess is we will probably get a farewell season announcement for at least one or two existing mazes as well.

I wouldn’t mind seeing them utilize the bumper car area for a maze that ties into the Gore-ing 20’s zone in the future.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
Agree with @Freak here. I don’t think we’re seeing more than one new maze this year. My guess is we will probably get a farewell season announcement for at least one or two existing mazes as well.

I wouldn’t mind seeing them utilize the bumper car area for a maze that ties into the Gore-ing 20’s zone in the future.
I just remember back in like 2012-2013 the park made the decision to move all mazes out of locations that directly interfere with park operations. That's why we don't have any more mazes in the Balloon Race, Fiesta Village pavilion, Stagecoach Trail, Bumper Cars, or the Lake (due to the Camp Snoopy Railway). I really wish they would use some of these locations again, Bumper Cars was a great maze venue with a long and storied history.

Mystery Lodge show getting a show? Love it

They did one years ago about some possessed girl, it was fine but thinking from what we know about this it will be much more up my ally.

yeah, im pretty disappointed too but, hey, especially when I look at other Cedar Fair parks, I am appreciative.
It's a shame they won't use that venue this year as that is a fantastic place for large-scale mazes, but I think this year they want to wait it out as this is a "recovery" year so they can have the money to make a really god maze for that spot.

Reactions: Water Bottle
I just remember back in like 2012-2013 the park made the decision to move all mazes out of locations that directly interfere with park operations. That's why we don't have any more mazes in the Balloon Race, Fiesta Village pavilion, Stagecoach Trail, Bumper Cars, or the Lake (due to the Camp Snoopy Railway). I really wish they would use some of these locations again, Bumper Cars was a great maze venue with a long and storied history.

I remember that as well, though I also recall hearing it wasn't just due to daytime ops getting shifted around, but it was also due to higher ups who worked at the park at the time didn't want anything Haunt related visible to park guests during the day.

Reactions: deadbydawn
So with Scary Farm being pretty consistent at releasing a new announcement video every Thursday, I can imagine tomorrow will be the returning mazes, with a tease of the new maze.

So with Scary Farm being pretty consistent at releasing a new announcement video every Thursday, I can imagine tomorrow will be the returning mazes, with a tease of the new maze.

Fingers crossed we get the rest of the information tomorrow. Tickets release next Monday and as far as I know Knott’s won’t be at Awaken the Spirits this weekend.

I’d think they would want all the information out before tickets release, but I guess we’ll see tomorrow. Personally I’m not a fan of the once a week info drip feed so I’m hoping tomorrow is the last day haha.

either way, Mystery Lodge, Pumpkin Eater, and Paranormal Inc are all prime real estate for new mazes in the coming year.

Also, as for today's announcement. What I really wanna know is what the additions to returning mazes are. I've asked someone who works there and am waiting for a response. I'll update yall if i get any info cause I do wanna know. Also as for the new maze i cant help but recognize the type of music they used in the teaser as "gypsy camp" like. I do think it'll have more mystical themes. UPDATE: I got a response and they said this "New updates for retiring and returning mazes are being announced upcoming "

I honestly can't believe Paranormal Inc. is still operating. It was great when it debuted, but that was 6 years ago! This could easily be a franchise with Paranormal Inc showing up to investigate supernatural occurrences.

If they want to allocate more funds to doing two new houses, I don’t think it would hurt them to do Paranormal as a “lights out” house if it is coming back next year. Might as well put those flashlights to good use.

Also, as for today's announcement. What I really wanna know is what the additions to returning mazes are. I've asked someone who works there and am waiting for a response. I'll update yall if i get any info cause I do wanna know. Also as for the new maze i cant help but recognize the type of music they used in the teaser as "gypsy camp" like. I do think it'll have more mystical themes. UPDATE: I got a response and they said this "New updates for retiring and returning mazes are being announced upcoming "

Maybe we'll get the rest of the info on Monday with the tickets. Hopefully next year brings back the announcement night in the theater too.
I honestly can't believe Paranormal Inc. is still operating. It was great when it debuted, but that was 6 years ago! This could easily be a franchise with Paranormal Inc showing up to investigate supernatural occurrences.

It's up there with Trick or Treat in the year count for sure, but I think the changes they have made over the years have kept it fun. When it's running at 100% which seems kind of rare these days it still feels like a game changer. I know people (including myself) have talked about giving the "lights out" treatment which I think would work really well but I'd also be fine with it ending this year.

I actually really like the idea of the show being the underlying theme for a new maze. That could be cool!