Knott's Scary Farm 2021 | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2021

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's just bad communication. If they had made it clear it was a passholder exclusive, I would have ponied up for both, even if I have no intent of using the day pass.

Reactions: deadbydawn
Its one year

I'm just glad we have the events back, I'm sure knotts doesn't want to risk or deal with people who can go more than once and say events are selling out or have to cancel because of covid

It's just bad communication. If they had made it clear it was a passholder exclusive, I would have ponied up for both, even if I have no intent of using the day pass.

That’s the problem. They never even announced that it was on sale for returning passholders. It was all word of mouth. Hoping something changes but it doesn’t look too good right now.

FYI, @Water Bottle 2022 add ons are available now. You do need a valid season pass and right now the site is buggy but they are there.

Reactions: queenmetroid
At this point, if they announce there r more passes (which is not the plan) then they would be screwing over EVERYONE cause of ppl buying multiple nights thinking there is no pass.

I've never gotten the passes in the past, but it seems extremely odd to make it passholder exclusive. Wouldn't it have made more sense to limit the pool of passes, but have half set aside for passholders and half set aside for GA?
I'm aware that this would technically make it more difficult for passholders to get passes, and the overall pool would still be very limited, but it would be a much more even system.

That’s the problem. They never even announced that it was on sale for returning passholders. It was all word of mouth. Hoping something changes but it doesn’t look too good right now.

That's the thing. They could have tripled the price and I still would have bought it. The pass was already pure philanthropy at $110. It could be that they don't intend to offer it to limit liability due to complexities with refunds in case the event is cancelled halfway through (which people are discussing in the USH thread and doesn't seem so far out of the realm of possibility), but they didn't have an issue figuring out the annual pass extensions in 2020, so who can say for sure.

I don't want to come off as a whiny, entitled consumer since I sympathize greatly with the park leadership and officials in this year of difficulty, especially because you can't announce something like multi-night passes to the public and walk it back, but the theme parks are really making it difficult to be a consumer this year with the lack of transparency. Watching the Universal Orlando thread was the same level of difficulty because we (obsessed insiders) knew there would be multi-night passes, but they didn't announce anything to create exigency for their single night ticket sales. Then again, I can't say I would do it any differently in their position.

So, yeah, it's all a mess.

That's the thing. They could have tripled the price and I still would have bought it. The pass was already pure philanthropy at $110. It could be that they don't intend to offer it to limit liability due to complexities with refunds in case the event is cancelled halfway through (which people are discussing in the USH thread and doesn't seem so far out of the realm of possibility), but they didn't have an issue figuring out the annual pass extensions in 2020, so who can say for sure.

I don't want to come off as a whiny, entitled consumer since I sympathize greatly with the park leadership and officials in this year of difficulty, especially because you can't announce something like multi-night passes to the public and walk it back, but the theme parks are really making it difficult to be a consumer this year with the lack of transparency. Watching the Universal Orlando thread was the same level of difficulty because we (obsessed insiders) knew there would be multi-night passes, but they didn't announce anything to create exigency for their single night ticket sales. Then again, I can't say I would do it any differently in their position.

So, yeah, it's all a mess.

There are definitely things going on behind the scenes I'd imagine that we don't know about. That being said, I do think the option to purchase the Scary Farm pass add-on this year was wildly mishandled and shouldn't have happened when it did and especially the way it did. There had to be a better way to allow the general public and the passholders to have a fair shot. Like I mentioned before, the 2022 season pass add-ons are available now but I know for me (and probably most current passholders) we have 2021 passes that roll over into May of next year as a courtesy from Knott's when they were closed. I can't purchase the 2022 Scary Farm add-on yet because my current pass expires before the event even starts and now I'm hoping I don't run into the same situation next year.

The lack of communication is my biggest complaint. Obviously I understand that there are things that were/are unknowns, but the pure radio silence from them has been pretty crazy. Even today, they've only responded to one or two people on Instagram and Twitter. No pinned comments or anything. Their latest post on Instagram has 200+ comments purely asking about the passes. It's pretty intense to see. I feel for the social media team no doubt.

Reactions: queenmetroid
Hi everyone. I am getting ready to buy my tickets for this year. I haven't been to Scary Farm since like 2007 so was hoping someone could give me some insight. I plan to go on a Thursday night. Do you think it is worth it to get the front of the line pass on a Thursday? I have back problems and very long lines can be painful for me. but if the lines are only like 30 minutes or so I could probably save that money for souvenirs or snacks etc.

It could be that they don't intend to offer it to limit liability due to complexities with refunds in case the event is cancelled halfway through (which people are discussing in the USH thread and doesn't seem so far out of the realm of possibility)

From where I'm sitting, I think USH is far more likely to be shut down midway through the event by LA County than Knott's is to be shut down by Orange County.

Hi everyone. I am getting ready to buy my tickets for this year. I haven't been to Scary Farm since like 2007 so was hoping someone could give me some insight. I plan to go on a Thursday night. Do you think it is worth it to get the front of the line pass on a Thursday? I have back problems and very long lines can be painful for me. but if the lines are only like 30 minutes or so I could probably save that money for souvenirs or snacks etc.

Are you planning on attending in September or October? If the former, I think you don't necessarily need front of the line. If going in October, better safe than sorry.

Well if you have back problems that make it difficult to stand in line, that right there would be a deal breaker to buy the FoL. Now if you are wanting to squeeze in some rides, I would definitely say go for it, especially if you plan to go in October.

Reactions: Paipaa
From where I'm sitting, I think USH is far more likely to be shut down midway through the event by LA County than Knott's is to be shut down by Orange County.

Are you planning on attending in September or October? If the former, I think you don't necessarily need front of the line. If going in October, better safe than sorry.
October. That makes sense, thank you!

Well if you have back problems that make it difficult to stand in line, that right there would be a deal breaker to buy the FoL. Now if you are wanting to squeeze in some rides, I would definitely say go for it, especially if you plan to go in October.
thank you! I think I will get it then!

Honestly, you might be able to talk to guest relations and see about just getting you a pass for return times so you dont have to wait standing in line the whole time if youre unable. Not sure if Scary Farm does it, but I know a few other events do.

Reactions: Paipaa
Oooh, Mesmer sounds really interesting! Could be a nice Cerebral Funhouse...or Madhouse depending on how things go. (I think anything is possible with that crazy truss/frame/bridge structure spotted during construction.) I'm also digging the unique themes Knott's are doing for this and Goring 20's, you really don't see those themes rolled out often, if period.

Also, looking at the maze descriptions on the website, this is indeed Paranormal Inc.'s last year.

"The Haunting of Hayden Hill: Paranormal Inc. maze reopens its doors one final time to those brave enough to uncover a bizarre and supernatural adventure. Guests investigate a haunted hospital where the patients were tortured for decades by deranged doctors and nurses. Demonic spirits of the murdered victims have been detected throughout the mysterious halls, while evil medical staff prowl for new patients to torture."

I had a gut feeling that was gonna' be the case, so I'm glad I'll be able to experience the maze which most likely helped Scary Farm's turnaround.

You're probably right. It's going to be a serious gut punch if Knott's doesn't have Scary Farm passes and then HHN at USH gets nerfed or shut down.

I don't mean to seem ungrateful for what we are getting, but seriously, what a bummer. :/

I had a gut feeling that was gonna' be the case, so I'm glad I'll be able to experience the maze which most likely helped Scary Farm's turnaround.

It's really a great maze, but it is time for it to go. That said, I will always remember it fondly. I do like the concept of it coming back with a different maze every few years with the cast being different because the old crew is dead.

The lack of communication is my biggest complaint. Obviously I understand that there are things that were/are unknowns, but the pure radio silence from them has been pretty crazy. Even today, they've only responded to one or two people on Instagram and Twitter. No pinned comments or anything. Their latest post on Instagram has 200+ comments purely asking about the passes. It's pretty intense to see. I feel for the social media team no doubt.

In part due to this, my friend got a Cedar Fair pass and a Knott's Scary Farm pass earlier in the year when they were available. I chose to wait and clearly that was the wrong decision. Now he will have to go without me to extract any value and I feel bad asking him to purchase an HHN pass.

Only one new maze? At least I skipped 2019, but wow. Can't see how anyone could complain about HHN bringing back mazes they did for one year while KSF brings back 85% of their mazes for the 3rd-6th year. Was hoping for a little more, but also understandable considering 2020.

Only one new maze? At least I skipped 2019, but wow. Can't see how anyone could complain about HHN bringing back mazes they did for one year while KSF brings back 85% of their mazes for the 3rd-6th year. Was hoping for a little more, but also understandable considering 2020.

I think the expectation is wildly different between the two events. You expect Horror Nights to change it up every year, just like you expect Knott’s to keep most of their lineup. Price point is also something that comes into play as well.

That being said, I do think we would’ve had two new mazes in 2020 if things went according to plan. My guess is 2022 we’ll get a replacement for Paranormal, Inc and a another brand new maze.