Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Scary Farm 2021

Definitely do it. I started doing every other year in 2012 after it got stale for me and it helped out my enjoyment of the event exponentially. Oddly, some mazes only last 2 years, so I never felt like I could be gone for too long. But even the repeats felt like old favorites after some time away. And it actually made me excited to go, when before it felt like a chore just knowing beforehand it would be awful. I used to LOVE KSF, but not as much as I love HHN now -- I could go to HHN multiple times a year and still enjoy it. Another huge factor for me was operations and service at KSF were always awful while HHN felt more organized. Even with the time away, crappy service at KSF didn't even bug me that much, or it genuinely has just gotten better, I can't tell.

I feel the exact opposite regarding multiple visits haha. Horror Nights is normally a one night thing for me. I've spent nights at Knott's just sitting off to the side in scare zones and people watching. The pass they offer obviously makes that possible, but even long term mazes that were around like Trick or Treat were just fun to be in. I totally understand if you go to the event once a year, you end up knowing what to expect and that may make it a little less interesting. I think the one or two year gap probably makes it feel fresh in that sense.

What I will say in 100% agreement is the operations at Knott's is still far below what it should be. I think it's improved since the late 90's early 00's but for a theme park of their level it should be much better.

I feel the exact opposite regarding multiple visits haha. Horror Nights is normally a one night thing for me. I've spent nights at Knott's just sitting off to the side in scare zones and people watching. The pass they offer obviously makes that possible, but even long term mazes that were around like Trick or Treat were just fun to be in. I totally understand if you go to the event once a year, you end up knowing what to expect and that may make it a little less interesting. I think the one or two year gap probably makes it feel fresh in that sense.

What I will say in 100% agreement is the operations at Knott's is still far below what it should be. I think it's improved since the late 90's early 00's but for a theme park of their level it should be much better.
Knotts for sure has the best scarezones anywhere. I love the sliders. But unfortunately, I always went on dead nights like Thursday just so it could be cheaper, which meant the vibe from the crowd and the monsters was kinda lackluster other than a few stand outs. In comparison, when I'd go to HHN mid-week, they were always on fire. So that's where my comparison comes from. But definitely nothing like a mid-October weekend night with the Knotts monsters running amok -- I just hate the lines that come with it lol

Knotts for sure has the best scarezones anywhere. I love the sliders. But unfortunately, I always went on dead nights like Thursday just so it could be cheaper, which meant the vibe from the crowd and the monsters was kinda lackluster other than a few stand outs. In comparison, when I'd go to HHN mid-week, they were always on fire. So that's where my comparison comes from. But definitely nothing like a mid-October weekend night with the Knotts monsters running amok -- I just hate the lines that come with it lol
Dead nights were the best for monster interactions, I have always found.

We have had lots of fun in Forsaken Lake, Carn-Evil, and The Hallow on such evenings, because the monsters really pick you out and are ready to play.

Dead nights were the best for monster interactions, I have always found.

We have had lots of fun in Forsaken Lake, Carn-Evil, and The Hallow on such evenings, because the monsters really pick you out and are ready to play.
Monsters going for me is very rare. Really depends on who I'm with since I'm a big guy with a fairly stoic, expressionless face. If I'm with my girlfriend and her friends, maybe.

Monsters going for me is very rare. Really depends on who I'm with since I'm a big guy with a fairly stoic, expressionless face. If I'm with my girlfriend and her friends, maybe.
By playing I don't really mean so much as "going for" as being interactive. They joke around in character, create games, craft little moments. It makes for a good time.

By playing I don't really mean so much as "going for" as being interactive. They joke around in character, create games, craft little moments. It makes for a good time.
These moments are the most special IMO, since the actors know they can't really scare you so they'd rather engage in a way that furthers whatever character they have going on (or they just go completely out of character and talk about event and unrelated stuff, which is tbh my fav types of interaction)

I love the theme but never got to see it...I doubt its that bad this year if it came back
I only saw it in 2017 and 2018, but I will say the drop in quality even just over 1 year was very noticeable. A lot of effects and scenes that were really impressive the first time around simply werent working the final year. Dunno if it was a cost thing or what but it didnt really seem to get the work it needed to fix everything.

So decided last night to scrap plans to do HHN in HW and instead book a night at Knott’s hotel to do Scary Farm. Watching videos of HHNH made us change our minds. I’ve gone to HHN in Orlando for 15ish years. Anything not to miss or highlights I should know for Scary Farm?

So decided last night to scrap plans to do HHN in HW and instead book a night at Knott’s hotel to do Scary Farm. Watching videos of HHNH made us change our minds. I’ve gone to HHN in Orlando for 15ish years. Anything not to miss or highlights I should know for Scary Farm?
Scare zones are a huge deal at Knott’s, it’s where sliding was invented

what night of the week are you going?

That’s usually a less busy night

Past about 11pm, a lot of houses will be practically walk in

Try to be at the park for opening (we usually arrive an hour before the event starts) and head straight for Origins as it will get a line quickly then hold it most of the night

At that point you can clean up the back of the park pretty quickly looping around down to Pumpkineater

Then you should only have the four remaining houses in that entrance corner

Wax Works and Dark Entities don’t usually keep a line past 11pm while Paranormal Inc and The Depths stay hopping most nights

If it is back, the Puppet Up show is a lot of fun

The Calico Mine Ride and Timber Mountain Log Flume are Knott’s classics if you haven’t been on them before. If you have a day ticket, knock them out during the day and take a ride on the train which is a real working steam engine from the 1800’s

If they bring them back, the Fright Lane is about $80 or so dollars and gives you express to every house and ride all night so you can make as many runs as you want through the houses/rides

The zones are a lot of fun at Knott’s with plenty of interactive characters running about. While the Ghost Town Streets are what started it all (and that fog soaked Main Street is classic), the other zones are more likely to provide fun interactions with the actors if you hang around a bit

i've heard a rumor that there is a new scare zone from a pretty credible source. as of now it doesnt seem there has been any build at mystery lodge. making me nervous that tthere will only be 8 mazes this year..

You’ve made a very, VERY wise choice.

Everything will be brand new to you so you’ll have a great time. HHNH, with probably the exception of HoHH, is not going to be good this year.

Hotel packages are now live!

Well this is pretty timely, considering I just got my flights yesterday. (Friday-Saturday opening weekend.)

So now that I've snatched up a hotel package, I can happily say that after years and years of waiting, I'm finally making it down to Scary Farm (and Knott's in general) for the first time! This has honestly been a long time coming, since way back in the day growing up I actually hated anything scary. Horror Films? Nope. Haunted Houses? Fat Chance. But one day in browsing the web, I came across Ultimate Haunt, and looking at the various pictures, reading anything that was available...I had that "Hey, that looks pretty cool!" kind of moment. Next thing I know, I started discovering Horror/Haunts and the rest is still-written history.

Needless to say, this is gonna' be pretty special for me. It'll be quite the haunt season too since this and HHNO are back-to-back weekends!

Well this is pretty timely, considering I just got my flights yesterday. (Friday-Saturday opening weekend.)

So now that I've snatched up a hotel package, I can happily say that after years and years of waiting, I'm finally making it down to Scary Farm (and Knott's in general) for the first time! This has honestly been a long time coming, since way back in the day growing up I actually hated anything scary. Horror Films? Nope. Haunted Houses? Fat Chance. But one day in browsing the web, I came across Ultimate Haunt, and looking at the various pictures, reading anything that was available...I had that "Hey, that looks pretty cool!" kind of moment. Next thing I know, I started discovering Horror/Haunts and the rest is still-written history.

Needless to say, this is gonna' be pretty special for me. It'll be quite the haunt season too since this and HHNO are back-to-back weekends!

Excellent! Enjoy the event. I have Ted from Ultimate Haunt’s book about Haunt. It’s really great!

It would appear the Scare Zones for 2021 are now announced.

- Ghost Town Streets
- Forsaken Lake
- CarnEvil
- The Hollows

Along with a tease for a brand new zone. Also on the website it says August 16th for Tickets to be on sale!
Screenshot_20210722-100420_Chrome.jpg