Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Scary Farm 2021

First time getting to visit KSF and Knott’s in general! Do you guys recommend doing Fast Lane if going on a Fri or Sat and wanting to ride the rides. Also, are all the rides open are just a few? Thanks!

First time getting to visit KSF and Knott’s in general! Do you guys recommend doing Fast Lane if going on a Fri or Sat and wanting to ride the rides. Also, are all the rides open are just a few? Thanks!

I’d recommend the Fast Lane/Fright Lane if you’re only going once. The lines can get really long at Knott’s during the day (and for KSF obviously) and that will make your trip a lot less stressful.

IIRC, everything aside from the Camp Snoopy attractions are open during Scary Farm!

I’d recommend the Fast Lane/Fright Lane if you’re only going once. The lines can get really long at Knott’s during the day (and for KSF obviously) and that will make your trip a lot less stressful.

IIRC, everything aside from the Camp Snoopy attractions are open during Scary Farm!

Is KSF worth checking out multiple nights? The only haunt I go to for multiple nights is HHNO. It’s a busy Sept/Oct for me, so I might only get 1 weekend day to go.

Is KSF worth checking out multiple nights? The only haunt I go to for multiple nights is HHNO. It’s a busy Sept/Oct for me, so I might only get 1 weekend day to go.

I normally get the pass every year, but I live nearby and like to people watch in the scare zones hah. I'd say if you are able get the Fright Lane tickets that should help you get through all the mazes and still have some time to do repeats or soak the rest of the event in. The scope of KSF is pretty big so you could do repeat visits and not have it be stale for sure.

Honestly if you can afford Fast Lane, I'd recommend it. Gets really busy some nights and as far as I'm aware fast lane allows for repeat uses per maze rather than just once for each, so it could be beneficial if you wanna do everything in one night.

I mean if you can get it then get the FF pass but you can do most mazes on a weekend night or at least I have....If you start at the 4 mazes in the Ghostrider corner you have 4 mazes done within the first hour which is 1/4 the mazes

I think one night should be enough to get a great night out of Knott's. I would also recommend Fright Lane if you're only going for one night as those lines can get very long for the more popular haunts. Besides the mazes, you gotta check out Ghostrider and Hangtime as they're some of the best coasters in California.

As stated above, the Fast and Fright Lane in the past is unlimited as to how many times you can use it on each house.

Like @deadbydawn I like to sit in the scarezones which you might not have a ton of time to do in one night, but you can get by without it for a whirlwind trip

I am not sure how they are running things this year with COVID considerations, but if you can be there and near the front for the opening scareamony, I would highly recommend it. That is something truly fun/special about the event.

As stated above, the Fast and Fright Lane in the past is unlimited as to how many times you can use it on each house.

Like @deadbydawn I like to sit in the scarezones which you might not have a ton of time to do in one night, but you can get by without it for a whirlwind trip

I am not sure how they are running things this year with COVID considerations, but if you can be there and near the front for the opening scareamony, I would highly recommend it. That is something truly fun/special about the event.

Maybe I’ll see you in one of them this year! Haha.

Maybe I’ll see you in one of them this year! Haha.

We usually hang out in The Hollow or Forsaken Lake

Circling back to the ride question, the Log Flume and the Calico Mine Ride are absolute must do’s as both are steeped in Knott’s history

Also, for food I recommend checking out Boardwalk BBQ as the service is fast, the food is great (they currently serve the famous boysenberry meatballs and if you don’t feel like that, the pulled pork is excellent), and the portions are large

Would I be able to use my parking pass if I go early in the day to Knotts and then stay for KSF at night? My understanding is it's not allowed for KSF proper, but do they empty out the lot from the day time or something?

Would I be able to use my parking pass if I go early in the day to Knotts and then stay for KSF at night? My understanding is it's not allowed for KSF proper, but do they empty out the lot from the day time or something?
I can't confirm for sure, but I don't think they'd clear it out. I'm sure lots of people coming in from out of state park during regular hours and keep their cars there through scary farm, and I strongly doubt they'd be kicked out or charged twice, so long as you park within standard hours you should be fine.

We have used our parking pass in years past without issue

Heck, they sold it as an add on to the SF Pass in 2019

If you’re talking about the parking add on from your Season Pass, yes you can use it for Scary Farm parking. I did that every time I went in 2019.

They don’t clear the parking lots as far as I know. Not 100% sure on the parking re-entry but I think if you went to Knott’s during the day and left to get dinner or something before Scary Farm opened, you can just use the receipt to get back in.

Just a heads up for anyone who wants to work at KSF this year. There is a job fair coming up 8/6. You can now make your appointment online for characters, maze blackout and guest control.

Last edited:
Awesome! This will be a welcome addition. Can’t wait to check it out.
I am curious what sort of footprint this zone will have?

I am thinking all of Charleston Circle, possibly slightly past Johnny Rocket's, and over to the train tracks by the theater entrance.

I doubt they get to do the main Calico stage area, so this could be a really small zone.

I am curious what sort of footprint this zone will have?

I am thinking all of Charleston Circle, possibly slightly past Johnny Rocket's, and over to the train tracks by the theater entrance.

I doubt they get to do the main Calico stage area, so this could be a really small zone.
Hopefully it makes up for the small space with it being well executed and detailed?

Really found the Hollows and Forsaken Lake to be dull on their first year but then massively improved the 2nd year so I'm hoping it's different with this zone.