Lightyear (Pixar) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Lightyear (Pixar)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It makes no sense. Is the toy based off this? Is Andy living in 2834? Did some guy base his astronaut career on a toy?!?

@Ryan brought this up in the past to me, but it seems like Lightyear's gonna premiere at CinemaCon next month in April. Confidence on Disney, IMO for this.
The TV spot during the Oscars last night looked a lot better than the others and really made me interested for the first time. Are they milking the Toy Story well? Sure. But all of the movies have been great so far. If Lightyear can in any way live up to the standard of those, then I don't blame them for being confident.

The TV spot during the Oscars last night looked a lot better than the others and really made me interested for the first time. Are they milking the Toy Story well? Sure. But all of the movies have been great so far. If Lightyear can in any way live up to the standard of those, then I don't blame them for being confident.

I don't believe the TV spot shows any new footage from the past trailer that came out in Feb. Though I think it's promising that they are wanting to get the hype train going.

My thoughts on the subject are simple: Toy Story doesn't really make sense to go past Toy Story 4. With one of Nemo's central characters more so out of the picture due to the actress who voices her, combined with Tom Hanks done playing Woody, doing Buzz in a traditional Action/Sci-Fi Adventure makes active sense. It allows a new audience net that wasn't interested in the original Toy Story series, to be interested in this one.

Reactions: Nick and Mad Dog
Lightyear isn’t getting the reviews you typically expect from a Pixar film. Sitting at 82% with 95 reviews in and wouldn’t be surprised at all if it falls down the mid 70’s as more and more reviews come in.

Lightyear isn’t getting the reviews you typically expect from a Pixar film. Sitting at 82% with 95 reviews in and wouldn’t be surprised at all if it falls down the mid 70’s as more and more reviews come in.

Probably looking at the third worst Pixar movie here.

Yeah top ten meh Pixar Movies up there with Good Dinosaur

Some cool ideas but it's not close to Pixar best.

Why Can't Zurg just be a basass villain...always i am your father or im am you....just give him a real backstory and make him cool

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
They're predicting about an $85M 3-day, $100M+ 4-day (seeing that Sunday is the first time Juneteenth is a federal holiday and is being recognized on Monday as well).

Welp, looks like it’s gonna come in at 60 or so. Major underperformance.
I wonder why

We could say Reviews but Jurassic got very bad reviews and people still saw it....Buzz is getting bad Pixar reviews...but it isn't like a bad film just bad compared to Pixar standards