Live Theatre / Musicals | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Live Theatre / Musicals

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
TIL Universal Studios Japan ran a condensed version of Wicked inside the park...which:
1. How did I never know this?
2. Why the **** would they choose to leave Sentimental Man in of all songs when they cut more than half :'( haha

TIL Universal Studios Japan ran a condensed version of Wicked inside the park...which:
1. How did I never know this?
2. Why the **** would they choose to leave Sentimental Man in of all songs when they cut more than half :'( haha
I remember as a child finding it cringe on YouTube and I’ve never revisited......

I still think UOR should go for Wicked in Orlando.

I remember as a child finding it cringe on YouTube and I’ve never revisited......

I still think UOR should go for Wicked in Orlando.
I'm back from the other side...that was surreal. Beyond the language barrier, it was...weird. I can kind of surmise what they were going for in terms of a summary, but still felt off.

I am a sucker for theme park shows though, and especially musical shows, so part of me still holds the hope there is a decent condensed version in the source material haha.

Only tangentially related, but it is wild to me Katrina Lenk starred in the Creature from the Black Lagoon musical at USH.

I never had the chance to see it myself, but any show with Nik Walker on the cast is bound to be good enough for me. Hate to see all of these closures piling up.
It’ll be interesting. For a while, very few new shows could open each year because there were so many long-ish running shows that had been going 5-ish years. A lot of those are closing for good now, which is going to open up for an influx of new productions.

I have a feeling revivals are going to be huge in a couple of years.

It’ll be interesting. For a while, very few new shows could open each year because there were so many long-ish running shows that had been going 5-ish years. A lot of those are closing for good now, which is going to open up for an influx of new productions.

I have a feeling revivals are going to be huge in a couple of years.

It sucks to see anything close but you bring up a good point, it's been hard to get on Broadway due to so many long-running shows. What we're seeing now is effectively a brush fire going through theater where new shows will take root and grow.

Reactions: GA-MBIT

It's closing, switching theaters, and reopening on June 1st. These are wild times.
Wild indeed. Even weirder that they're not the only one doing something along those lines this year with Girl From The North Country and Beetlejuice also moving.

Reactions: MrBlonde
Wanted to put this in here since I figured i'd get a larger group of people that may actually know what i'm talking about. Was listening to "We Don't Talk About Bruno" and it hit me that this is a song Lin has basically wrote before. I couldn't figure out if it was from Hamilton or In The Heights (or hell, maybe even Bring It On or Moana), but he's great at writing ensemble songs. He does it probably just as good if not better than anyone else out there today at the least.

I came up with that the song seems to me to be a bit of a mixture of "Blackout" and "Carnaval Del Barrio". More "Blackout" than "Carnaval", but there's also the fact that Stephanie Beatriz (who does the voice for Mirabel) was Carla in the In The Heights movie, and in BOTH of those songs coincidentally (aside from them being similar ensemble songs).

Am I off base here or...? It was just something that I was thinking about and thought it was interesting. The song is SO Lin-Manuel Miranda all around to the point where all I can picture sometimes is the amount of times this show is going to be performed at the youth theater level, but also, it makes me REALLY want to see a Broadway caliber stage version of Encanto. The choreography was so on point in the movie and was basically what most would consider modern Broadway in terms of musical composition.

I’m worried because of Covid I’m gonna miss Hadestown as a whole. Missed it in Boston, Broadway is weird for every production right now, I hope it’s something that stays with us for another 3-5 years at least.

Wish I never saw Kiss Me Kate revival and saw this instead lol, bad choice.

I’m worried because of Covid I’m gonna miss Hadestown as a whole. Missed it in Boston, Broadway is weird for every production right now, I hope it’s something that stays with us for another 3-5 years at least.

Wish I never saw Kiss Me Kate revival and saw this instead lol, bad choice.

Go now!